Official Mod Support - Custom Blocks

SadKen

PAYLOAD STUDIOS
Oct 10, 2017
We've only seen the crash you're getting when there's a mismatch between game and tool versions. Please double-check that you have the following exact versions;

TerraTech : 1.4.3 (latest stable)
Unity : 2018.4.13f1
Mod Tool : TerraTechModTool_Blocks_20_08_20.unitypackage

Reactions: Darvin

Darvin

Commander-in-chief of Carrier Strike Group NOVA-01
Jun 13, 2020
We've only seen the crash you're getting when there's a mismatch between game and tool versions
i did manage to get the mod working, but through steam, not local export, so i deleted the localmods folder on my tt, publish my mod to steam, subscribe it myself, then my block appears in game

TerraTechWin64_2020_09_11_22_35_11_630.jpg

so here's another question haha, how do i tell unity which part of my block is metallic, which part is darker, and which part is, say, red hawkeye window? i'd also like to put an x mark on those attachment points. i tried making a uv map in blender, but unity keeps assigning this default hawkeye skin even after i replaced the material in unity

Reactions: Aardvark123

SadKen

PAYLOAD STUDIOS
Oct 10, 2017
Thanks for the update. You can currently only use the default corporation skins on your modded blocks, you can't create your own yet - that will be coming in a future update. For now you'll need to UV map your model in Blender using one of the default textures, and make sure your block is assigned to that corporation

Reactions: Darvin

Darvin

Jun 13, 2020
Thanks for the update. You can currently only use the default corporation skins on your modded blocks, you can't create your own yet - that will be coming in a future update. For now you'll need to UV map your model in Blender using one of the default textures, and make sure your block is assigned to that corporation
i tried actually, mapping the UV in blender, make that UV as my material in unity, i mean in blender it looks like what i wanted, but in unity it just keep showing up with that default unmapped HE skin

to paraphrase : how do i tell unity to stop using the default unmapped HE skin, and start using this one?
dfrtgdry.PNG

Last edited:

Darvin

Jun 13, 2020
i have to apologize for the confusion here, totally my fault, apparently i have been using my old model without the uv map, thats why unity doesnt recognize it (what an idiot hahaha), once i replace it with my new model with the uv map, it shows up correctly in-game

TerraTechWin64_2020_09_14_12_28_46_660.jpg

im trying to make a heavier, bulkier armor for hawkeye, and with the uv issues solved, i can move on to my next armor piece and i expect a busy week ahead. thanks @SadKen for taking the time to guide this noob into modding lol

Darvin

Jun 13, 2020
hey, so uhhh, i found something new, whenever i try to create a new block, it doesn't let me change the material, in fact, i can't find the material section in inspector tab. my existing blocks is fine, but i can't add new ones, is there a limit of how many blocks we can work with in a project?

drfgtdrt.PNG

Saktiyudaht

Jan 15, 2021
How do you create anything but simple blocks and armor? Using the Categories (Control, Power...) does nothing and adding things in the json file also has no effect at all

SadKen

PAYLOAD STUDIOS
Oct 10, 2017
With the current version of the modding tool you can create skins, basic blocks and custom corporations. As we introduce functionality to allow more complex blocks like weapons and wheels we'll update the tool and provide documentation on how to add them.

Darvin

Jun 13, 2020
is spin up effect like vanilla autocannons implemented yet? if so, which model would actually spin? model_barrel, model_body, or model_mount?