Official Mod Support - Custom Blocks

Matt

PAYLOAD STUDIOS
Jul 23, 2018
Hey Modders,

The next iteration of Official Mod Support is available in the latest TT_Unstable 1.4.0.1 release. You can now create your very own blocks with the Custom Blocks Mod!

All the steps you need on how to get making your own blocks are outlined on the TerraTech Wiki:

Please use this thread to ask any questions and/or provide feedback.

Enjoy!

Last edited:

Seth_Seth

perhaps, remaking dl models
Oct 14, 2017
I dunno
forum.terratechgame.com
Thankfully i don't have any horribly complex blocks yet so uhh.. yeah i should be able to transfer things, keeping the same balance might be the rough part lol

wait i should wait for custom corp stuff
Welp time to screw around with making official..ish DL blocks!
or not since there's no updated download link for the unity thing

Last edited:
Reactions: Aardvark123

Seth_Seth

perhaps, remaking dl models
Oct 14, 2017
I dunno
forum.terratechgame.com
Hmm, i seem to be having issues with having my mods be tagged at all beyond mods despite using unity, is there something specific i'm supposed to do or is it automatic and just failing for me?

SadKen

PAYLOAD STUDIOS
Oct 10, 2017
@Seth_Seth You should be able to add tags manually on your mod's Steam Workshop page. If it''s not doing it automatically we'll look into that, thanks for the report.

HeX

TerraTech Modder Manager
Jul 4, 2018
The option doesn't exist to manually add them, i looked.
Though it seems that everything on the workshop got mod tags, odd
Make sure you are logged in on steam so that you can add tags.

Darvin

Commander-in-chief of Carrier Strike Group NOVA-01
Jun 13, 2020
Im trying to make a custom block, the fbx model is ready, with the correct orientation and everything, so according to the unity guide i just have to drag and drop my model to this mesh slot

IMG_20200909_185752.jpg
Except it wouldn't let me for some reason, am i missing something here? The small circle beside it only let me choose from the examples, which then made me consider a more barbaric approach, i tried to replace the example techs with my own model, deleted the original example tech, drop my fbx in it's place, and then rename my model into it, bit it still won't show up, tried it with other example techs, still nothing, the example techs disappear but my model is nowhere to be seen

Last edited:

SadKen

PAYLOAD STUDIOS
Oct 10, 2017
The small circle should open a list of all FBX files available to your project, so if yours is not in the list it may be you've exported it to a folder that Unity can't see. We'd recommend exporting your model into the Assets/Mods/[YourMod]/Blocks folder.

Darvin

Commander-in-chief of Carrier Strike Group NOVA-01
Jun 13, 2020
The small circle should open a list of all FBX files available to your project, so if yours is not in the list it may be you've exported it to a folder that Unity can't see. We'd recommend exporting your model into the Assets/Mods/[YourMod]/Blocks folder.
Ohhhh that's it, i moved it to my assets folder, but it says 'cube' for some reason, that's why i missed it. And now i have a new problem, my block is exported into my TT folder but whenever i run TT, it crashes :(