Oct. 10th Beta Bug Bash

Whensgen

First: We can save. Thank you.
Second, resources now clump instead of tower. Also, the slower responding tractor feels more realistic and fluid Thank you.
Third, the base doesn't shake like it's experiencing a small, localized earthquake. THANK YOU

((On an unrelated note the "Shield repulsing items" effect looks awesome. ))

Onto the problems!

-It can be very fiddly to get the base to take items from the vehicle. On that note, is there ever a reason for the vehicle to be able to take blocks from the base? Can't it be a one-way transfer? (After playing around some more, it seems that I can't take base objects, but instead pick up whatever the replicator is holding onto while it waits to make an item)

-If you hit a tree, save, come back, and hit it again, no resources are spawned when it falls

-Base UI can be hard to navigate quickly. Maybe, next to the craft symbol, add a small "repeat craft" button, so it can be triggered there, rather than having to quickly slide the mouse all the way down to the item in the list before it vanishes.

-GSO rotating base cannot be picked up from fabricator, breaking the game

-Not sure if this is a bug: I don't have any enemies. However, since this let me freely play with the environment, I'm going to ask for a mode like this, call it peaceful. It's fun to be chased and shot at, but for new players, and old players who like to test things, and experiment, it's a lot of fun to be able to work without a threat hanging over everything

-Factory cancel. If you stop the job just after the "absorb resources" plays, it stops. The UI menu lists an item as produced, but nothing comes out. This jams the replicator

Last edited:

Whensgen

Also, the update makes the game feel a lot better overall. I still have a copy of the original beta on my drive, and I tried to play it. You guys have come a very long way in just a few months!