NOVA: Faction Thread

totally anonymous

Anonymous account for anonymous suggestion spammin
Feb 10, 2021
In an anonymous world of anonymous
i think a small photon cannon would be too OP, with this size you can only equip it on a destroyer
Maybe not a standalone Photon cannon, but maybe something with about 1/7 the damage, 1/27 the size, shoots for 5 seconds, and a cool-down phase of like maybe 15 seconds? I was thinking of a slightly smaller profile weapon that has high damage output, but a really long cool down for my bomber jets and my heavy strike fighter I wanted to build. Btw, is the stand-alone weapon system based on the MK 45??

Darvin

TerraTech Arms Dealer
Jun 13, 2020
[REDACTED]
www.youtube.com
I was thinking of a slightly smaller profile weapon that has high damage output, but a really long cool down for my bomber jets and my heavy strike fighter I wanted to build
My next modpack will be focused on destroyers and heavy destroyers, you can push this idea for the next community research grant

is the stand-alone weapon system based on the MK 45??
Stand-Off Weapon System, yes the visual design is inspired by mk 45 naval gun, but functionality wise, it works like a turbolaser from star wars

Darvin

TerraTech Arms Dealer
Jun 13, 2020
[REDACTED]
www.youtube.com
Introducing the Clairmont-Osgood Drive

Courtesy of Prof. Renée de Clairmont and Dr. Steven Osgood from NOVA Academy of Mathematics and Natural Sciences, this engine is a miniaturized version of the Epstein Drive.

Despite being 80% smaller, the C-O Drive is capable of producing up to 20% of the original Epstein Drive's thrust output. The compact nature of this engine also means that it can fit in a smaller ship, or install several in a cluster.

This model is also designated ProxMod2, which means it is equipped with Proxima Dark to achieve FTL travel, and uses a unique fuel pellet independent from the tech's fuel reserves, allowing ships to operate without any conventional fuel tanks

Darvin

TerraTech Arms Dealer
Jun 13, 2020
[REDACTED]
www.youtube.com
very well, then I hope the talon is enough. Then I must ask, any plans for smaller frigate classes or less cubic hulls??
You mean smaller armor plates? That's a no, because smaller plates will crumble when hit by explosion.

Think about it, which is better, a slab of armor 10x10 with 100 health, or 100 slabs of armor with 1 hp each? If you hit the latter with explosive with just 1 dmg, it will leave a hole in the middle

jackirby09

Mar 1, 2021
sorry i haven't been active in a while, my terratech went on life support so i couldn't do much, but now it's back to normal, so i'll be engineering some fine designs that i hope you will like