Notice for 0.7.9.3

Discussion in 'Open' started by QuackDuck, May 14, 2018.

1. QuackDuck

QuackDuck Duck

Renaming techs apparently crashes the game.

If you have any hover or hoverbug techs which are not anchored or strapped down, please be ready to catch them when loading up your saves. Hovers have been buffed immensely and will cause normally heavy hover techs to be bounced around like a ping pong ball and hoverbug techs will fly into space at 300ft/s. I'm not joking, I just lost a prototype airship that way.

2. Soviet_Samuelson

Soviet_Samuelson Living in my pizza boxes because mom kicked me out

oh dang. 0.7.9.3's out now?

3. QuackDuck

QuackDuck Duck

Yes

4. Legionite

Legionite Airborne AI Assembler

Well, now to combine the technology of hoverships with a recent experimental thought: Height control using wheels and adjustable angle slopes!

Prepare for Project MegaDreadnaught to begin soon

The new optimizations look like it makes epic hoverTechs possible, so I'll try something on the league of the Lemon seeder, but far more massive, with the new alt control test setup, and numerous facilities that can house power stations, docking bays, and best of all, multi-tech bridge section turrets and a new experimental warp-engine using treads and their unlimited pushing power called the Terminal Velocity Drive [TVD]!

Last edited: May 14, 2018
  5. Ninjin_Ninja

Ninjin_Ninja Well-Known Member

nice new update guys :p noticed a lotta littler things u didnt put in the update log in there ;D build beam looks better in white :D aaaand i love the new loading screen XD

6. Seth_Seth

Seth_Seth Temp. Leader of SFS, Gamer

the wireless charger isn't working
    20180514190113_1.jpg
    there's low charge on the player tech, and it won't charge

something broke, gonna put a bug report now

layer1 and Soviet_Samuelson like this.
  7. GamerParrish

GamerParrish Well-Known Member

Did you try punching your monitor yet? ;)

8. harpo99999

harpo99999 ah kick till it starts

and the 'red' anchour and gso two drill issue is also not fixed

Last edited: May 15, 2018
    GamerParrish likes this.
  9. Soviet_Samuelson

Where's the update log?

10. layer1

layer1 Well-Known Member

Hawkeye HG1 cannon rotation is slow enough now that it negates the reason for having a rotating weapon. It's easier to use a fixed wep and rotate your tech unless there's a difference in elevation, at which point you would load a mortar tech. It's so slow I don't want it on my techs any more.

11. Soviet_Samuelson

1. Isnt that the big tank like thing?

12. Seth_Seth

Seth_Seth Temp. Leader of SFS, Gamer

0.7.9.3 disappoints me

Soviet_Samuelson likes this.
  13. Soviet_Samuelson

yes, all we got was a somewhat cool block but we also got an unplayable game

Seth_Seth likes this.
  14. layer1

layer1 Well-Known Member

Yep, looks like a tank turret.

The thing I don't get is that the last update (or some recent update) sped up rotation but this slows it down more than it was originally. People gotta make up their minds about where to take this game or it's going to be all over the place--like block placement and rotation already is.

edit: They're all broken.

Lower the damage or whatever but keep rotation at a usable speed. Give lower powered weps fast rotation and the ability to lead a tech moving laterally so they retain some usefulness even when a more powerful wep is available (but has worse/no tracking and slower rotation.)

Placing the 'rename tech' function where 'switch tech' was is also a bad idea. I guess you're limited by console players or whatever, but renaming your tech is something that's not going to be done frequently by many people and doesn't belong in a quick action slot, especially in the former position of a feature that is (was!!) probably used frequently by many players. Now everyone gets to train their subconscious for a couple of weeks which is a completely unnecessary change.

Last edited: May 16, 2018