What type of Techs does the Average Consumer want to see from us?

• Big

• Small

• GINORMOUS!

• Fast

• Harvester

• Tank

• Scout

• Flyer

• Hovering

• Dang, ran out of choices. :|

Results are only viewable after voting.

NotExactlyHero

FORUM DEFENDER
Website
www.khanacademy.org
fast flying/hovering scout/tank...
Now now people, please move away. Our researchers and developers need peace and quiet to do their excellent work, and they can't have you masses cluttering up the area and yelling random things! Clear out, would ya?

(As I said before, please keep the random thread clutter to a minimum. The 4th page shouldn't start with "o")

NotExactlyHero

FORUM DEFENDER
Website
www.khanacademy.org
(Time to revive!) Small Gatherin' 'Hicle

Small Gatherin Hicle.png

"An easy way to make cash for anybody on the offworld!"

A little mining tech for prospectors with big aspirations, the SG(V)H is a less high level MOLE mining tech suited for beginners in the mining industry.

Statistics:

Weaponry: 2 GeoCorp Fixed Diamond Drills

Resource Storage: 6 GeoCorp Picker Collector

The SG(V)H was created to be massed produced and distributed to the public, therefore simplistic but cheap. It has moderate capabilities, from movement to mining.

I am well aware that this isn't a lot of lore, and am hoping to resume GSO Grade 1 Turret/@Aardvark123 amounts of lore Soon.™ Maybe when AFD gets around to being published...

Last edited:

NotExactlyHero

FORUM DEFENDER
Website
www.khanacademy.org
Small Sellin' Outpost

Small Sellin Outpost.png

"Works like clockwork, as long as the Small Gatherin' 'Hicle is the gears!"

A simple outpost for a simple, Small Gathin' Hicle; to return to when the Small Gatherin' 'Hicle is full on resources, and a nifty place to drop off your findings after a hard days work. Feel free to customize it to be your very own! A neat trick in the offworld is to remove and store a cab if it's not important to a tech, as cabs are expensive and you're better off having a few and reusing them than buying hundreds. But remember, unless a Tech is anchored, it'll explode if it doesn't have a cab or an AI!

Functions:

An automatic, lossless, and simple seller that refines all chunks, and can even sell components!(I think, will check)

Not much to say here really, as it's quite simple. But, it is still an important part of MOLE's mission to bring riches for the "common man" AKA 1849 but better because there's a lot of unexplored galaxy out there!

NotExactlyHero

FORUM DEFENDER
Website
www.khanacademy.org
AFD CC04 Infidel

AFD CC04 Infidel.png

"Это война!"

Trading firepower for a bit of speed and armour, the CCO4 Infidel isn't exactly the most effective tank, but it makes for a nice heavy scout, or some stock on the battlefield.

Statistics:

Weaponry: 1 Hawkeye HG1 Cannon Turret

Energy Storage: 8 Hawkeye Ion Batteries

Bubbles: 1 Hawkeye Havoc Shield, 2 Hawkeye Repair Bubbles

Cost: 396,273

Мощность наших военных машин безгранична! AFD может защитить всех от захватчиков! Наши атаки подобны грому, поражая всех мощью тысячи рабочих!

AFD CC04 Infidel B.png

A cheaper and slower version of the Infidel.

Last edited:

NotExactlyHero

FORUM DEFENDER
Website
www.khanacademy.org
Wall Segment

Wall Segment.png

"Great Wall o' China can't beat the Wall of Iniscutity!"

The Wall Segment is one, heavily armoured, heavily armed, and heavy segment of any good wall. Featuring excessive amounts of everything, it sure looks intimidating! Although it priorities function over form, our designers tried to make it easy on the eyes.

Statistics:

Weaponry: 4 GSO Missile Batteries, 8 GSO Megaton Cannons, 4 Hawkeye Cruise Missiles, 4 Hawkeye Seeker Missile Pods, 6 Venture Cluster Missile Pods

Energy Storage: ## GeoCorp Battery Packs

Energy Capabilities: ## GSO Tall Solar Generators

Bubbles: ## GSO Shield Bubbles, ## GSO Repair Bubbles, # Hawkeye Repair Bubbles, # Hawkeye Havoc Shields

Cost: ###,### BB

The Wall Segment was originally used in the Wall of Iniscutity, protecting the Scyndi from raids and attacks, and especially during the Kled Siege in 1968. After the Scyndi was dissolved into the Sle and Cge, the wall was partially turned in on itself, acting as the border between Sle and Cge.

Yeah, I'll actually get the numbers in when I have access to TT.

Saelem Black

Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy
@NotExactlyHero you're a frequent visitor to my techs page (which I appreciate very much!), so I issue you a friendly building challenge! Build me a pure helicopter which can be used in campaign. Rules are only rotors/adjustment thrusters for lift and has to use a helicopter control scheme (minor modifications to the default heli control scheme are okay). No hovers, no linear motion engines, absolutely no hoverbug, and no antigrav. Role should be combat, but bonus points if it can haul a reasonable amount of cargo (resource chunks). Bonus points for a good looking tech. If you take me up on the challenge, I'll grade you with a score and comments :)

Last edited:

NotExactlyHero

FORUM DEFENDER
Website
www.khanacademy.org
@NotExactlyHero you're a frequent visitor to my techs page (which I appreciate very much!), so I issue you a friendly building challenge! Build me a pure helicopter which can be used in campaign. Rules are only rotors/adjustment thrusters for lift and has to use a helicopter control scheme (minor modifications to the default heli control scheme are okay). No hovers, no linear motion engines, absolutely no hoverbug, and no antigrav. Role should be combat, but bonus points if it can haul a reasonable amount of cargo (resource chunks). Bonus points for a good looking tech. If you take me up on the challenge, I'll grade you with a score and comments :)
Although I don't mix well with flying techs(due to trash computer), I accept your challenge. I assume by pure you mean only one corporation, and I shall indeed keep it to one corp(although I hope nobody minds if I sneak a GSO cab in there somewhere ;~) ). And just saying I might make a VTOL which is technically a helicopter but not a helicopter.

Saelem Black

Although I don't mix well with flying techs(due to trash computer), I accept your challenge. I assume by pure you mean only one corporation, and I shall indeed keep it to one corp(although I hope nobody minds if I sneak a GSO cab in there somewhere ;~) ). And just saying I might make a VTOL which is technically a helicopter but not a helicopter.
Multi-corp is fine! By "pure" I really just meant no hoverbug.

NotExactlyHero

FORUM DEFENDER
Website
www.khanacademy.org
AFD MZ410 Tarragon

AFD MZ410 Tarragon.png

"@Saelem Black asked, and I delivered"

The MZ410 Tarragon is quite minimalist, packing a decent amount of battery power, but nowhere where it could be if NotExactlyHero had stuck with the trend and just filled it full of batteries. However, this means it won't instantly die from a megaton cannon shot. Absolute hell on the battlefield, assuming you can actually pilot it, it carries "excessive" (as if there's such a thing) amounts of missiles, plus some shotguns and lasers to deal with any others who might dare try to threaten its dominance over the air. It's also pretty fast, so it's decent overall.

Statistics:

Weaponry: 20 Hawkeye Cruise Missiles, 16 Venture Avalanche Launchers, 4 Venture Contact Shotguns, 2 BF Gatling Lasers

Energy Storage: 24 BF Batteries, 2 Hawkeye Ion Batteries

Bubbles: 1 GSO Shield Bubble, 2 Hawkeye Havoc Shields, 2 Hawkeye Repair Bubbles, 1 Venture Repair Bubble

Cost: 2,188,383

The MZ410 Tarragon was designed by NotExactlyHero for a certain Saelem, and after finishing it NotExactlyHero decided to add it to the AFD ranks.

This is another version, which trades firepower for the ability to hold 336 resource chunks.
AFD MZ410 Tarragon B.png

Saelem Black

AFD MZ410 Tarragon

View attachment 27165

"@Saelem Black asked, and I delivered"

The MZ410 Tarragon is quite minimalist, packing a decent amount of battery power, but nowhere where it could be if NotExactlyHero had stuck with the trend and just filled it full of batteries. However, this means it won't instantly die from a megaton cannon shot. Absolute hell on the battlefield, assuming you can actually pilot it, it carries "excessive" (as if there's such a thing) amounts of missiles, plus some shotguns and lasers to deal with any others who might dare try to threaten its dominance over the air. It's also pretty fast, so it's decent overall.

Statistics:

Weaponry: 20 Hawkeye Cruise Missiles, 16 Venture Avalanche Launchers, 4 Venture Contact Shotguns, 2 BF Gatling Lasers

Energy Storage: 24 BF Batteries, 2 Hawkeye Ion Batteries

Bubbles: 1 GSO Shield Bubble, 2 Hawkeye Havoc Shields, 2 Hawkeye Repair Bubbles, 1 Venture Repair Bubble

Cost: 2,188,383

The MZ410 Tarragon was designed by NotExactlyHero for a certain Saelem, and after finishing it NotExactlyHero decided to add it to the AFD ranks.

This is another version, which trades firepower for the ability to hold 336 resource chunks.
View attachment 27166
Here's my review!

You nailed it with the look and the firepower. It's even a tad heavier than I was expecting. Moderately tanky with plenty of weapons. Your heaviest firepower are weapons which have good tracking properties and range, making this good aerial sniper with some close range weapons for wily venture attackers. My one comment is that it doesn't control much like a helicopter, though it certainly looks like one - more VTOL like you suggested. The black/white stripes are pretty cool, though I am partial to the all-black version (the embedded snap didn't seem to work on the black version, could you repair it? I'd like to take that one for a spin, too.) but given that I'm basically a Hawkeye employee, that's probably not a surprise.

Damage: Excellent
Defense: Good
Helicopter feel: Looks the part, but doesn't handle like one
bonus points for look
bonus points for large cargo capacity

4/5 stars!

Let me know if you're interested in more building challenges, and feel free to issue one in return :)

NotExactlyHero

FORUM DEFENDER
Website
www.khanacademy.org
Here's my review!

You nailed it with the look and the firepower. It's even a tad heavier than I was expecting. Moderately tanky with plenty of weapons. Your heaviest firepower are weapons which have good tracking properties and range, making this good aerial sniper with some close range weapons for wily venture attackers. My one comment is that it doesn't control much like a helicopter, though it certainly looks like one - more VTOL like you suggested. The black/white stripes are pretty cool, though I am partial to the all-black version (the embedded snap didn't seem to work on the black version, could you repair it? I'd like to take that one for a spin, too.) but given that I'm basically a Hawkeye employee, that's probably not a surprise.

Damage: Excellent
Defense: Good
Helicopter feel: Looks the part, but doesn't handle like one
bonus points for look
bonus points for large cargo capacity

4/5 stars!

Let me know if you're interested in more building challenges, and feel free to issue one in return :)
I could make it control like a helicopter..... but meh. I'd be delighted to do more challenges considering I am ded when it comes to inspiration!
AFD MZ410 Tarragon B.png
This should work.