[NOTED][0.5.18.1] Bugged Refinery after taking back to base.

Tamorr

I sent a report through the in game bug thing.

Basically I did quests upto the refinery. Using a bought solar next to the trade station. When I got to the refinery to buy, I just loaded up the cannon receiver and newly bought refinery. Ventured back to base. Hooked it up to the base, and it did not function or give the quest reward right away.

Delayed reward was the crash thing I sent. It gave reward, the receiver and conveyor when I was half way off to the trading station to get another one.

Reason for me doing this was to complete the quest with a new refinery. However I am assuming what happened was that my little solar thing I setup got destroyed by inhabitants that happen to spawn around there. There wasn't any nearby when I first left, but they were spawning as I made my return. Anyway, half way back to the trade station the reward fell.

It wasn't until I reached the trade station that I figured out that possibly the solar setup got destroyed.

What I am initially referring to in the title of this thread is:

The fact that the first time during the quest for finishing the refinery, more likely caused it to not function. I am assuming it wanted me to bring it to the one at the trade station. Didn't dawn on me at the time. However that refinery in the picture doesn't do anything while attached to the base, but did function when it was attached to the tech while I was making my way there. noticed it refining something along the way that stuck onto the output all the way home.

Once attached to the base above, and tried reattaching in several positions around the cannon; it just would not function.

This was somewhat fixed by the fact I just got a new refinery, hence my trip back to the trade station and all a sudden getting the reward. At least the quest completed then. I actually went back and took the bugged one and sold it, so giving my save would be not an option, but I'll attach the log just in case you can make it within the file.

I basically continued the save upto when I need to defeat the harvest boss. And selling the bugged refinery at least for my game was a good idea, although not so much when comes to a bug report. So I apologize for that. The least I can do is attached below. :)

Attachments

Tamorr

Hmm... I'll try.

Even though I indirectly fixed the problem by replacing the refinery with a new one.

The problem I am referring to was the refinery not working when taken back to the main first solar I had. Granted it seem to register the one I setup at the trade station the designated quest thing. But taking the bought refinery back before doing the quest I believe caused it to not function from that point forward (not accepting resources at all).

So in the end I guess only do the quest at the same one the cannon worked at? It is basically the delima of having multiple solar placements.

Jamie

PAYLOAD STUDIOS
So your refinery stopped working when you moved it to a different solar panel?

Tamorr

Well didn't really move it. The one at that trade station was the second one. I never attached it to that one for quest completion. I just gathered up the cannon and immediately made a run back to base with the refinery. That is where I attached it at the first solar.

That caused an issue with the quest granted. However completed by returning to trade station half way for that part.

I tried to see if I could do what I did in a new game and seems to be unique to that save or run in what happened. So very difficult to reproduce unfortunately. :( As my second run it went smoother, but with the same delayed completion though...

Short version:
It stopped working once I attached it to a solar not intended for a quest; which was my original solar in the grasslands. first time attaching it to a solar.

Tamorr

I think another thing to note is I turned off the big marker (clicking on the log thing at top till the big marker disappeared for that specific quest. might have had it on the silo one at the time), and probably why I didn't realize it wanted me to attach to the one next to the trade station, even though I did the cannon quest just fine.