Nostalgia!

Olli_DXD

Räksmörgås
Dec 26, 2015
Linköping, Sweden
I was browsing through the files on the TT wiki the other day and found some great old things! Nostalgia!

The Refinery then, and now!
image.png image.png
The Foundry then, and now!
image.png image.png
The Grade 2 Fabricator then, and now!
image.png image.png
The Grade 3 Fabricator the, and now!
image.png image.png
*Disclaimer*
These are just some of the blocks I'm going to post here. Will post more when I can!

harpo99999

Ah kick till it starts
Aug 14, 2014
australia
the good old days before the 0.6.0, I still have a 05.22 copy installed just so I can actually have a working refinery setup playthrough occasionally

reaperx1

Crazed Builder
Feb 25, 2015
I would love to have the old cow catcher plow back. It looked way more cool then the new one. Just the shape the colours are fine.

Have a good one

BroBane

Sep 24, 2015
The new scrapper is SO much more confusing to use. i remember the good old $4000 oozees.

Brick

Aug 27, 2015
In my case I think in how much time they wasted in designing blocks than they scrapped after. Maybe using placeholders next time or cheap designs, then upgrade them when they are for sure they will stay.

streak1

Aug 30, 2015
steamcommunity.com
In my case I think in how much time they wasted in designing blocks than they scrapped after. Maybe using placeholders next time or cheap designs, then upgrade them when they are for sure they will stay.
4 of mine are place holders, as they are EXP.

The cab was just modified, as it got more features lately, such as the guns.

The armour plate made more sense for GSO than GeoCorp, so they switched it. The models for those are really simple.

The rest I kinda get. But I have never noticed that making models was ever a problem with development, so I don't think it's a big deal. It takes just as much time to make the models as it is to code the blocks that use them, if not less time.

Bgrmystr2

Oct 29, 2015
Gensokyo
en.touhouwiki.net

This is the GSO cab I actually expected to see one day after I purchased it. Knowing it was replaced makes me very sad. The attachment points are obviously a bit dated but the structural design is great. Does anyone know why it was replaced?

reaperx1

Crazed Builder
Feb 25, 2015
@Bgrmystr2 if I remember right it was replaced so that if you only have a cab you would still be able to fight with the little lasers they added. It gives you a little more of a chance at survival.

Have a good one

Bgrmystr2

Oct 29, 2015
Gensokyo
en.touhouwiki.net
@reaperx1 I was around before they added the lasers to the cab, but after they changed the structure of it. That's something that doesn't really happen overnight, and this structure could have had lasers on it too. If anything, now I'm even more confused. :(

WastedRhino

Dec 26, 2015
Netherlands
Has C-14 dating been applied to these artifacts to validate their age?
if not please proceed with procedure Alpha-1.a.b.3.11 under C-14 radioactive decay age measuring.

No but really, i feel like ive been around for a while playin TT and ive never seen this stuff. how old is it?

WastedRhino

Bgrmystr2

Oct 29, 2015
Gensokyo
en.touhouwiki.net
@reaperx1 Well, if it were true that it needed to have weapons on it for ease of survival, one would simply add weapons to the current model instead of spending time making a new model without weapons, then proceeding to change the new model yet again to add weapons. This makes no sense and is a waste of time for designing and rendering. Why not just change the original model instead of making an entirely new model? That saves time and effort which could be put to use elsewhere.

I can understand needing to add weapons, but creating a new weaponless model and then later changing the new model to include weapons does not agree with the suggestion of needing weapons on the first model. I'm guessing this information isn't something the playerbase was privy to when it happened.

Edit :
Also, this doesn't cover why the design itself was changed either. Weapons being added do not require the design itself to be changed, simply altered. This is also something I am still curious about.

reaperx1

Crazed Builder
Feb 25, 2015
@Bgrmystr2 there has only been a non weaponized cab that we originally had when I started to play and then they changed the design of it and added the lasers pretty much all at the same time. I figure that they thought the old cab was dated and needed a visual update as well.
If they are not happy with the blocks as they are it is not wasting time or resources to make a new model that they like and most likely will fit the game better when everything is finished.
The only wasted art is art that is never seen by anyone.

@Jamie why was the GSO cab updated and changed from the original cab? Was it for survivorability, visuals or something else?

Have a good one