No tree spawn area

Khaine

What: Generate a no tree spawn area around vehicles

Why: Because I can't count the number of times trees sprouted underneath my garbage truck when it was parked near my factory, almost flipping it over and making it do a bizarre break dance. It's like my truck actually does contain fertilizer.
The no spawn area doesn't have to be big, just like 5 blocks across or so, to account for mining implements and things sticking of the main chassis.

Zed

I like this idea; so much so I would prefer to see the entire concept expanded.

Currently; trees mysteriously sprout like weeds full grown from the ground irrespective of elevation / etc after a matter of mere days...

I realize TerraTech is not on Earth, however even sumac take a couple of years... perhaps for the sake of simplicity (and realism) Trees should not respawn; at all.

JimmyBlether

A Kerbal Demon
Website
tinyurl.com
I like this idea; so much so I would prefer to see the entire concept expanded.

Currently; trees mysteriously sprout like weeds full grown from the ground irrespective of elevation / etc after a matter of mere days...

I realize TerraTech is not on Earth, however even sumac take a couple of years... perhaps for the sake of simplicity (and realism) Trees should not respawn; at all.
Yes. Its totally unrealistic (its an unrealistic game but what the heck) and trees are the bane of a player's existence.

Khaine

Well trees/fibron aren't really used that much anyway, unless you're crafting fibron rich components or need to power up a furnace generator (does anyone even use these??). So yeah, I could get behind no tree respawn at all. Not like you can't move and get more trees elsewhere if you need'em.

Might make the landscape a bit bleak if you don't move around much though.

Dat Derp

Chief SFS scientist
Or maybe trees will appear as like a sapling next to other trees like it was a seed that came of the other tree then after a while it becomes a normal tree for realism. Also to prevent trees spreading across the world there could only be a certain amount of trees in a certain radius or cluster or something.