NO MULTIPLAYER

streak1

Website
steamcommunity.com
wait, arena?

I didn't take this thread as having anything to do with an arena or sumo or anything like that, but multiplayer on the planet, open-world, same as we're doing now, but with neighbors we would rather not have next to us. Otherwise, gameplay is the same.

-- Smoov
A separate idea really. It does need it's own thread.

Terra Beetle

also....there is multiplayer, and there is Massively multiplayer.

with the first, its just you and the people you personally invite....friends....that would make it cooperative.. friendly game play, you and your team against the AI in game.

the second is hundreds of people fighting each other...

we are NOT getting the second. i repeat.....NOT massively multiplayer.
I'd love to see private multiplayer in the game! I've been looking at the videos on youtube on the official channel. I've saw the multiplayer development. I cant wait multiplayer to come out! btw are you planning on a venture trading station?

Smoovious Laxness

and a competitive mode in multiplayer...

coop modes in games just annoy me as the participants keep trying to be the alpha in charge.

we can work together in competitive, as long as we have our own resources/BB/tech levels.

-- Smoov

Dellamorte

and a competitive mode in multiplayer...

coop modes in games just annoy me as the participants keep trying to be the alpha in charge.

we can work together in competitive, as long as we have our own resources/BB/tech levels.

-- Smoov
Then be the submissive partner in the team :rolleyes:.

Last edited:

Bgrmystr2

Website
en.touhouwiki.net
In my opinion, efficient co-op requires people to not only work together, but also do what their strengths entail. If one team works together equally on everything, it will never beat an equally-adept team that has each of their members working on what they're good at. These are two very different things that can have very different effects on the field.

Those trying to be the "alpha" in charge.. that's usually just our inner-'I want to help with this thing cuz I have some knowledge of it'. We're not always reliable or accurate on what we think our experience depicts, but personal experience always has weight, no matter how inexperienced we actually are at that task. For TerraTech, some players will be good at strategy, some good at efficiency, some at planning, some better at actual combat, and others simply good with responsive action, IE what to do when important situations arise.

Many people think just because they're good at one thing means they're probably better than the rest of the team, and that results in the reduction of working together as you describe. It really has less to do with one's own supplies and more to do with the lack of general knowledge that even the worst players can possibly do one thing legitimately better than some of the best. It's the inability to use everyone's strong suits that will make even the best cooperative teams lose spectacularly.

Edit : Engrish sucks