NO MULTIPLAYER

ogy2014

only if there was a singleplayer option would I play this game in the future if your adding multiplayer

streak1

Website
steamcommunity.com
only if there was a singleplayer option would I play this game in the future if your adding multiplayer
What? The game IS single player...

Unless you want the game to keep single player, in which case it will. Nobody ever said that multiplayer would be replacing single player. :p

grg3d

Hi what I belive the OP is saying if they "do" come out with a multiplayer version you should have the option to play it in single player mode or multiplayer mode not just have it as multiplayer game only

BitMage

modARRRator
this is a very interesting thread. I'm not an expert or a representative in any way, but i think i can confidently mention a few things. Ill start with the soft facts then end with the hard ones.... here goes.

The core game is single player. From the beginning of development it has been single player. All of the current mechanics and the balancing of all block stats and difficulties are all based on single player.

The core game (central game mode) will most likely always be single player. No one will ever lose the ability to play single player because that is what the game is designed to be....from the start. It is the skeleton that the rest of the body of the game is built upon.

ok, that being established .....

Payload studios is AMAZING. They listen to their player base very closely. They care about our thoughts and opinions very deeply <3. So much so, they have made a commitment to allow our opinions to guide their goals in development.

They are so committed to this concept of player affected development that they have been willing to deal with setbacks and long hours just to try and serve us the things we ask for. I can not count the amount of times ive heard the devs say .....

"if enough of you ask for it, expect to see it in the game..."
In closing it must be said, the single most asked for feature, is in fact multiplayer. This feature is coming. The vast majority of us want it in some form or another. and we will eventually get it.

that being said i will repeat, the core of the game has always been single player. And it will continue to be so.

the TL,DR :
"Replacement" is not an option unless they wanted to rewrite the game from scratch. Every minute of game play you have experienced so far is the evidence of that statement.

thankyou for your time....vote for bitmage!

ogy2014

bitmage your always watching the streams lol, and I don't want multiplayer simply because if you don't step up the ladder fast you will fall so it basicly would be kill or be killed btw do u remember me from the streams I'm ogy2014

HappyApathy

bitmage your always watching the streams lol, and I don't want multiplayer simply because if you don't step up the ladder fast you will fall so it basicly would be kill or be killed btw do u remember me from the streams I'm ogy2014
To be honest that is an incredibly unfair assumption to make considering we (and at this point maybe even the devs to a point) have no idea how the mechanics of multiplayer in TerraTech will work, there are plenty of multiplayer games that are fair and balanced to both new and veteran players and TerraTech has plenty of time and space to come up with a good system for it to work just as well.

Last edited:

Sleepcakes

There will be both a singleplayer option and a multiplayer option, as per shown in the new menu preview shown in a stream a while back.

There's no need to make this a bigger issue than it is :p

ogy2014

ok but I'm just saying that type of gamemode isn't for me and I spent £15 on this game so I wanna get my moneys worth

BitMage

modARRRator
also....there is multiplayer, and there is Massively multiplayer.

with the first, its just you and the people you personally invite....friends....that would make it cooperative.. friendly game play, you and your team against the AI in game.

the second is hundreds of people fighting each other...

we are NOT getting the second. i repeat.....NOT massively multiplayer.

Chrii_the_Vieh

Just think about Minecraft Multiplayer Servers, where people gather and build huge structures together @ogy2014 .
I imagine TT-multiplayer in a similar fashion (apart from battle-modes and world-raids and similar stuff).

Also, in my very own opinion, TerraTech is an awesome ground-breaking game already. Well worth a lot more than the money the full access costed me. In addition, there are a lot of thing which are more important to me to be added to TT than multiplayer (more challenge modes, new corporations, blocks and terrains, control options,...).
The one points which make me want MP as well is that it will boost the games popularity vastly and gives payload a base to go on about adding to TT even more.
A second reason might be, that I would love to play in a peacefull world with people like @BitMage, @reaperx1, @matik2002, @HappyApathy, @Sleepcakes ... and so many more (don't be angry if I didn't mention you), as this game has an awesome community of lovely people as well.

HappyApathy

Just think about Minecraft Multiplayer Servers, where people gather and build huge structures together @ogy2014 .
I imagine TT-multiplayer in a similar fashion (apart from battle-modes and world-raids and similar stuff).

Also, in my very own opinion, TerraTech is an awesome ground-breaking game already. Well worth a lot more than the money the full access costed me. In addition, there are a lot of thing which are more important to me to be added to TT than multiplayer (more challenge modes, new corporations, blocks and terrains, control options,...).
The one points which make me want MP as well is that it will boost the games popularity vastly and gives payload a base to go on about adding to TT even more.
A second reason might be, that I would love to play in a peacefull world with people like @BitMage, @reaperx1, @matik2002, @HappyApathy, @Sleepcakes ... and so many more (don't be angry if I didn't mention you), as this game has an awesome community of lovely people as well.
Sorry Chrii but my future vision of TerraTech is fairly apocalyptic with fire and ruin raining down from the skies as I terrorize the ground dwelling peasants operate a large sky fleet of techs. You might have noticed a lot of my community core submissions are essentially the basis for a future flying based operation with specific roles and uses for each which I'm going to keep refining and updating until game mechanics make them viable. I'm far more looking forward to the day I can laugh maniacally while raining death down upon the list of other people you just mentioned (in a fair and balanced multiplayer environment of course) but of course I have no objection to a more peaceful cooperative mode.

Chrii_the_Vieh

Sorry Chrii but my future vision of TerraTech is fairly apocalyptic with fire and ruin raining down from the skies as I terrorize the ground dwelling peasants operate a large sky fleet of techs. You might have noticed a lot of my community core submissions are essentially the basis for a future flying based operation with specific roles and uses for each which I'm going to keep refining and updating until game mechanics make them viable. I'm far more looking forward to the day I can laugh maniacally while raining death down upon the list of other people you just mentioned (in a fair and balanced multiplayer environment of course) but of course I have no objection to a more peaceful cooperative mode.
No problem with that, just imagine to have two players unite and reign the planet. My airplanes stand by your side anytime, just call for me.

And that point made, I just realized, that the real beauty of TerraTech is again, that it has options to play it your style.
I am pretty sure, that the devs are keeping this key-value of TT troughout the development.
It is the thing that made LEGO important to me and it keeps me hooked to TT as well.

HappyApathy

No problem with that, just imagine to have two players unite and reign the planet. My airplanes stand by your side anytime, just call for me.

And that point made, I just realized, that the real beauty of TerraTech is again, that it has options to play it your style.
I am pretty sure, that the devs are keeping this key-value of TT troughout the development.
It is the thing that made LEGO important to me and it keeps me hooked to TT as well.
THERE CAN ONLY BE ONE :mad:

reaperx1

Crazed Builder
@HappyApathy we can all have dreams and then reality Bit-slaps us awake.;) Just messin with ya.
Would be a great battle though.

Sounds like multiplayer is going to be interesting when it gets here.

I look forward to a thriving empire that I have created and watch over with my minions from the playground. All pieceful and carefree and then an unknown tech moves into range causing my techs to take aim leaving them with the choice of friend or foe. Or if I don't like the look of them I would simply unleash an unkown hell onto my planet to hunt for everything they had to offer.

We will see how it goes.

Have a good one

HappyApathy

@HappyApathy we can all have dreams and then reality Bit-slaps us awake.;) Just messin with ya.
Would be a great battle though.

Sounds like multiplayer is going to be interesting when it gets here.

I look forward to a thriving empire that I have created and watch over with my minions from the playground. All pieceful and carefree and then an unknown tech moves into range causing my techs to take aim leaving them with the choice of friend or foe. Or if I don't like the look of them I would simply unleash an unkown hell onto my planet to hunt for everything they had to offer.

We will see how it goes.

Have a good one
I have trouble imagining a way multiple players could exist within the same persistent world, what happens when someone logs off, how would balancing work, what's to stop a player from completely wiping out another and how do you stop that from feeling like a complete kick in the face to the defeated player (as in losing everything you made), how do new players get added in? Like @BitMage said an MMO like system would likely be impossible.

I do have an idea for a competitive multiplayer system within a smaller controlled map outside of the main story world but it would take an entire page of text to explain it (should start typing it down).