Masakari

Nov 2, 2016
You could add venture hover pads to push the door open as you get closer. Been working on a design using hawkeye jack and single jack blocks as the hinge to make an auto door that resets itself when you pass through it using the hover glitch.. Both door and curtain. Have not messed with the hooks and hitches much yet (not sure how to use them honestly), but seeing these gives me ideas for them now.

Would post a video but takes hours to upload a couple min video with a 765k upload speed. :(

Zed

Dec 23, 2016
You could add venture hover pads to push the door open as you get closer. Been working on a design using hawkeye jack and single jack blocks as the hinge to make an auto door that resets itself when you pass through it using the hover glitch.. Both door and curtain. Have not messed with the hooks and hitches much yet (not sure how to use them honestly), but seeing these gives me ideas for them now.

Would post a video but takes hours to upload a couple min video with a 765k upload speed. :(
not certain how SRQ does it but perhaps compressing the video into an animated gif would save you significant upload time. If nothing else encoding in Intel Indeo (popular for early Video Conferencing) could also provide you reasonable video quality with smaller files.

Nightblade Greyswandir

Nothing is good enough!
Feb 3, 2017
Terraland
ngttadventures.blogspot.se
Elevator.
To make it work, load "shaft" first, then drop new cab close to it, load platform instead of that cab and then click on "return to checkpoint" button to put platform on top of shaft. Go up with shift.
Issue is that there is friction between black guides blocks and GSO platforme blocks...
elevator platform.png elevator shaft.png

Reactions: The Grand Teki

Nightblade Greyswandir

Nothing is good enough!
Feb 3, 2017
Terraland
This one is different, it is hovercraft, but it can take off and get altitude very slowly, it is very stabile flyer, with good weapons. As hovercraft it turn in place and move relatively fast. Maneuver good in hover mod, but very stiff in turns in the air. Wheels are not needed for it to work, they are there just to reduce impact on landing.
My plan to use it is to get in low flight over not-flat terrene, so I can engage other tech, and fight as hovercraft if necessary.
His main virtue is that it moves like hovercraft but can't get stuck between rocks or trees, as it can fly over them when needed.
Hover HighFly4.png

Last edited:
Reactions: elfdrow

Nightblade Greyswandir

Nothing is good enough!
Feb 3, 2017
Terraland
What is that (I don't watch movies :/)?
Ugly robot... It is not from movies.... I just was out of inspiration for normal tech, so I mess around with block... this come out from dark places of my imagination. After I made it and start flying with it, it reminded me on scene from movie "pacific rim" when helicopters transport gigantic robots in battle area.

The Grand Teki

Feb 17, 2017
UESO hq.
Ugly robot... It is not from movies.... I just was out of inspiration for normal tech, so I mess around with block... this come out from dark places of my imagination. After I made it and start flying with it, it reminded me on scene from movie "pacific rim" when helicopters transport gigantic robots in battle area.
Okay!

Mindl3ss

Mindless Dominion Fleet Admiral
Nov 5, 2015
For your friction problem. Rather than using rods, use blocks, but your guide holes should be 3x3 with wheels on the four surfaces of the guide rails. Preferably wheels that don't exert their own force like venture landing gear or the new trailer wheels. The natural suspension in the wheels combined with their ability to roll should stop it from getting caught. Hover pads might also work. Though even as is, that's an impressive design. Consider powering it with a hover glitch with only slight up or downforce added to make it travel a bit slower. As fast as it is, it might launch stuff off the top when it gets there.