Newbie's Giant Tech

Emily

Oct 24, 2015
Space
How to have a giant tech on early game?
1. Get venture, it's not really needed, but it's recommended.
2.Make a venture (fast) tech.
3. Make sure to have an ultra lots of weapons, (small cannon is nice to have), stud lasers are the best.
4. Go to the mountains and search for Geocorp Techs.
5. DONE :)

streak1

Aug 30, 2015
steamcommunity.com
Eh, I wouldn't really put things in that order. Venture does help with roaming around, but you don't really need to roam until you finish the tutorial and beat the troll.

To get strong as quick as possible, you should grab guns and head to the mountains. Kill the yellow GeoCorp bots, steal their blocks. Make big bot with lots of guns and lots of melee. You can then proceed to demolish anything in your path.

Bigtoad

Oct 9, 2015
Oregon
The world seed I'm currently playing in 0.5.17/0.5.18 is good if you like giant techs - it has a big chunk of mountains that are right beside where the initial solar array lands. That makes it easy to go hunting for big yellow techs when you are ready.

Seed: FBTPbeOQrEbtbNt

Bigtoad

Oct 9, 2015
Oregon
I found an even better one for big techs with lots of mountains near the start. I've used this seed in 0.5.19.2 and 0.5.19.3.

Seed: kPMckwaHRf2SuIR

ATerribleTechie

Nov 22, 2015
How do you take and share screenshots so your tech can spawn in the worlds of other players? I've taken a screenshot with Steam and uploaded it to Steam Cloud, but I'm not sure what to do.

harpo99999

Ah kick till it starts
Aug 14, 2014
australia
aterribletechie, officially it is through twitter, so you have to have a twitter account, get terratech connected to the twitter, then take a snapshot of the tech and twit it, then it should be added to the invaders lists for others that are also using twitter, but there is also the community techs thread in the techs section of the forum where you can post the snap and it might get added to the in game lists of techs/critters/invaders

Mk1

Sep 2, 2015
I found an even better one for big techs with lots of mountains near the start. I've used this seed in 0.5.19.2 and 0.5.19.3.

Seed: kPMckwaHRf2SuIR
Try the seed "T" just the capital letter t, it's a beautiful seed with mountains and salt plains at spawn separated by a strip of grassland

ATerribleTechie

Nov 22, 2015
aterribletechie, officially it is through twitter, so you have to have a twitter account, get terratech connected to the twitter, then take a snapshot of the tech and twit it, then it should be added to the invaders lists for others that are also using twitter, but there is also the community techs thread in the techs section of the forum where you can post the snap and it might get added to the in game lists of techs/critters/invaders
I don't have a Twitter account. Poop.

Reactions: Nullpersona

ATerribleTechie

Nov 22, 2015
Also, is there a way to play the menu music continually in the game on a loop? Or is there also a way to play another game's music while playing TT?

Caemon

Nov 24, 2015
Also, is there a way to play the menu music continually in the game on a loop? Or is there also a way to play another game's music while playing TT?
1. What Menu Music? There is only pew pew pew boom orchestra music at title screen.
2. Try reduce music volume. Then minimize the game with "Windows key+D" or "Alt+Tab" or any method that works. Open you media player and play anything that sounds like pew pew pew boom orchestra.

ATerribleTechie

Nov 22, 2015
1. What Menu Music? There is only pew pew pew boom orchestra music at title screen.
2. Try reduce music volume. Then minimize the game with "Windows key+D" or "Alt+Tab" or any method that works. Open you media player and play anything that sounds like pew pew pew boom orchestra.
Not helpful.

Caemon

Nov 24, 2015
Not helpful.
Weird, I wonder what's wrong. I was able to play my own music using media player or youtube while playing TerraTech.

The music when I take a stroll around the desert.

The music when a stranger greets me on my way home. Of course I give him a super warm greeting as well.

Reactions: ATerribleTechie

reaperx1

Crazed Builder
Feb 25, 2015
I was surprised the other day by getting a short video on youtube with Five Finger Death Punch playing in it and it never got muted or anything.

I need to figure out what they are looking for when it come to third party content on youtube. The game music is good, just not enough of it.

Have a good one

ATerribleTechie

Nov 22, 2015
Weird, I wonder what's wrong. I was able to play my own music using media player or youtube while playing TerraTech.

The music when I take a stroll around the desert.

The music when a stranger greets me on my way home. Of course I give him a super warm greeting as well.
Actually, this photo is more important then my question. This tech would murder anything in it's path. Post more pics like this!

Caemon

Nov 24, 2015
Actually, this photo is more important then my question. This tech would murder anything in it's path. Post more pics like this!

(Even I try, I can't say I understand his logic.
He was trying to solve music issue just now,
then he suddenly say the seemingly useless pictures are important.
And he even said the tech would murder anything.
I bet he didn't even see more than 5 guns in those images.)

(..............)
(I really should leave before he says weirder things)

It's a pleasure talking to you, but I still have some business to attend.
Here is the title screen music without the best part (sound effects of pewpewpewboom)
The incomplete music is provided by your friendly neighborhood
http://forum.terratechgame.com/index.php?threads/challenge-new-terratech-trailer.3435/
Farewell.