new ways of tranferring energy

should there be a tesseract item in the game that lets the player transfer energy/resources at range

• good idea

• Too OP

Results are only viewable after voting.

Nonefots

bestest player
I think that for a very late game item an energy tesseract would be cool as it would allow for easy energy gathering without the need to make long structures that increase the chances of enemy techs destroying your base or at least trying to anyway. Either that or an item tesseract or both. and i realise that this may sound a bit OP but I said that it should be VERY late game and maybe it could have a limit on how far it could transfer things.

also the render distance is absolute crap. just saying, so maybe in the future somethin could be done about that as well.

harpo99999

Ah kick till it starts
there is an issue with this idea (while it would be different it just wont work) the issue is that terratech unloads the lands/maps/resources/techs when more than approx 500 blocks from the tech you are driving, and all unloaded areas are by default inactive ie no movement, no charge no firing

Hlebuw3k

The Bread Cat
there is an issue with this idea (while it would be different it just wont work) the issue is that terratech unloads the lands/maps/resources/techs when more than approx 500 blocks from the tech you are driving, and all unloaded areas are by default inactive ie no movement, no charge no firing
500 meters to be exact. Enemies stop moving at 200m, while friendly techs work all the way to 500m. You can switch to them or you can tell your turrets to attack/wait. Now, about the tesseract. I would say it will be useless for most players, since 500m isnt a long distance in the game at all, and power doesnt seem to be a big problem on a base. Also, there is already a way to transport resources. Craft blocks out of resources on one side, send them to your SCU, and scrap them on the other side. Tesseract seems kinda useless to me

Nonefots

bestest player
500 meters to be exact. Enemies stop moving at 200m, while friendly techs work all the way to 500m. You can switch to them or you can tell your turrets to attack/wait. Now, about the tesseract. I would say it will be useless for most players, since 500m isnt a long distance in the game at all, and power doesnt seem to be a big problem on a base. Also, there is already a way to transport resources. Craft blocks out of resources on one side, send them to your SCU, and scrap them on the other side. Tesseract seems kinda useless to me
I see what your saying but having a tesseract would remove having to craft the block also i was trying to say that it’s be cool if they increased the load distance. Sorry for not being clear

Hlebuw3k

The Bread Cat
Yes, the load distance is small. But alone its not a reason to bring the tesseract into the game. Maybe i miss-understood something? Can you explain how YOU see this block/item working? Does it need to be anchored? Does it require power to work, just the first time you place it, or not at all? If it doesnt require for the tech to be anchored, then everyone is just going to put it on their techs instead of solar panels, because "just place a tesseract charger lol", and i dont like that