New UI Feedback & Suggestions

桂桃~

imo, how the build UI looks or feels is secondary compared to providing more information about the blocks. You could widen the text box that appears when you hover over a block and add health/mass/damage/speed indicators, etc.

The old UI was too small, the new one is a tad too large.

the.nihilist

Semiprofessional Idler
Coming back to TT after quite some break I only got a little shocked about that new UI, but I actually like it.

Though I find there are quite a few things that could be improved about how the user is able to interact with it.
Some examples:
  • the 'search' icon opens the search bar but the focus isn't moved there and it needs to be selected manually for input.
  • keyboard navigation in UI

Are there plans on getting such things improved in the future? Or is the redesign of the UI only on the graphical side and that's it?

My opinion of the UI:

The radar is awesome, I love the change in opacity and new colors.
The size of the XP bars/licences in the upper left corner and the way they "feel" when you mouse over them.

Dislikes:
The color white on everything. White is way to bright and blinds me every time i open the menus durring in-game night time.
The size of all of the buttons everywhere. It feels like I'm trying to play a mobile game. The elements are too spaced out and too large making it feel like I need to have a touch screen in order to play this game.
The inventory window. Icons are WAY over-sized. It is a chore to build anything now with how far and much you have to move the cursor.
Scrolling in the inventory (gif included). The bottom of the window acts different than the top.
Many more, but those listed above are my biggest concerns.
ezgif-7-064345cf4d14.gif
The bottom items just "pop" in/out instead of sliding in/out like the top does.