NEW Solar Array Ideas

Jerome Love

Feb 9, 2018
I have been thinking about this ever since I got the GSO Tall Solar Gen. and wondered why is it that only GSO has a solar gen. and yet none of the other factions do not? I think having a solar array for each faction would improve these areas of game play (I will try and add images of photos the emulate the examples I am giving!) ::

1) More Uniform Bases - Having a uniform base would greatly improve the aesthetic of bases so as to have a clean base. Especially if you like one over the over. For example, I could see Hawkeye's new anchor be re-engineered to fit a cool satellite style solar array and it could possible follow the sun to maximize the power intake.

2) Venture Mobile Array - Seeing as Venture is founded around speed and mobility, they would have had in mind for awhile to develop a means to generate solar power whilst on the move and thus would have developed the means to a mobile solar array before any other faction. The style for this one could be a small curved panel in a L1 x W1 x H1 block that always faces in the direction placed.

3) Faster Charging stations - Another reason I am wanting this to be a thing is because of GeoCorp. The fact is that GeoCorp has the BIGGEST and BADDEST block s in the whole TerraTech universe (thus far!!!) and as such would have the safest base worthy solar array. What it lacks in charge time it makes up in rigidity. For this one I could see a L4 x W4 x H4 styled array. Similar to the giant radio telescopes you see but made to focus light to a single point. You could also have it set up like the solar arrays in the Mohave Desert but styled in maybe a wider base instead of a higher one say a L6 x W6 x H1.

This is just a thought but I am curious if anyone has improvements or other ideas for this to be more reasonable as a future add in.

**Imagery

1*

2*

3*

3**

Boomik

Apr 2, 2017
Stalk me not
2) Venture Mobile Array - Seeing as Venture is founded around speed and mobility, they would have had in mind for awhile to develop a means to generate solar power whilst on the move and thus would have developed the means to a mobile solar array before any other faction. The style for this one could be a small curved panel in a L1 x W1 x H1 block that always faces in the direction placed.
This would be too OP as people would just spam it on their tech and become invincible during the day. Other than that, I agree with all of it.

Jerome Love

Feb 9, 2018
This would be too OP as people would just spam it on their tech and become invincible during the day. Other than that, I agree with all of it.
I agree! But I could see them making it a harder to attain via making it a higher achieved item or even just "nerfing" it! I could see the power generated being the main way the developers keep it somewhat "fair." Plus seeing as it is Venture tech in this case it would be very susceptible to explosions and thus the damage factor would be an issue for the invincible minded prospectors.

Reactions: Legionite

Captain Load

Mar 8, 2016
A solar for each faction has been suggested a few times I think (I know I did it). The best idea I had for balancing a mobile solar panel was having the panel be on a single surface of a 2x2x2 block (same size as the smallest GC structure block). If that face is even partially covered by other blocks it doesn't produce power. It would produce a third of the energy a GSO solar does and would shut off while taking damage. Also, a pathfinding algorithm might be created to determine if the panel has enough sun exposure to make energy. Imagine a 2x2 mobile solar panel on a tech. If there wasn't at least a 2x2 window between the panel and the game world then the mobile solar wouldn't produce power. Other games do this so its at least feasible.

Reactions: Jerome Love