New here

Discussion in 'Community Help, Questions and Guides' started by callen0942, Aug 24, 2018.

1. callen0942

callen0942 Member

New to the game. So far loving it. Even if I do lose all the time. What is the best starter build? How do you use a shield on build and keep it charged? Any advice is welcome.

2. harpo99999

harpo99999 ah kick till it starts

for the shields, the best answer (unforunately) is MORE BATTERIES (preferably behind 2 or more layers of blocks incase the batteries rundown at the wrong time), and with several solars on the tech and the tech having one (or more ) anchours in the bottom layer (to recharge the batteries by anchouring and letting the solars stick up/out and charge (in the day only)

JimmyBlether and ZeroGravitas like this.
  3. ZeroGravitas

ZeroGravitas Breaker of Games

Hey there @callen0942, welcome. :) I've moved this thread from "Open" to "Community Help", because it seemed even more appropriate.

There's no one best build for anything. But a pro tip for newbies is to use the "Anchor" button, bottom left of screen. There's no game tutorial for that (as yet), so it's overlooked a lot, when it can really help avoid having to disassemble your tech for charging.

JimmyBlether and Galrex like this.
  4. AstraTheDragon

AstraTheDragon A dapper dragon

Currently, it can be very useful to outfit the rear of your tech with lots of lasers so that you can fire backwards at any enemies that may persistently chase you even when you try to run away. Also you can send blocks to your inventory without being near a trading station by placing an anchored block/cab and attaching all the blocks you want. Then using the right click radial menu you can absorb it into your SCU portal dimension thing.

5. callen0942

callen0942 Member

Thanks for all the helpful advice. I will have to get an anchor. I have plenty of batteries now after destroying a tech that had 8 on it. Surprisingly that they did not blow up.

AstraTheDragon and JimmyBlether like this.
  6. JimmyBlether

JimmyBlether SFS SUPREME COMMANDER

That was lucky.

You can get an anchor from Turret Joe or use a delivery cannon from crafty mike.

7. ArmchairGravy

ArmchairGravy Well-Known Member

Welcome to Terra Tech! :)

Once I unlock my access to Inventory I always keep a couple of solar generators in it. That way I can pull them out of inventory, slap the batteries on, and then send them back once the batteries are charged. Once you run through the Crafty Mike missions you'll get the Component Factory, and then you can make remote chargers. Then just throw a couple of remote chargers into your inventory, attach them to the solar generators, and you'll not have to manually mess with your tech's batteries.

JimmyBlether likes this.
  8. Nightblade Greyswandir

Nightblade Greyswandir Nothing is good enough!

9. callen0942

callen0942 Member

Also I am still not able to buy stuff. What do I need to buy items? Found that the screen was not all showing on computer hiding the anchor symbol. Fixed that.

10. Galrex

Galrex Possibilist

First of all you need some block bucks (Ofc,common sense). Then, go to any Trading Station and right-click on the little computer to access the purchase menu or if you've maxed out the license of a corp, you will get a payload terminal as a reward. Use it to buy items you wish.

11. callen0942

callen0942 Member

I have right clicked the trading station and all it gives me is missions.

12. ZeroGravitas

ZeroGravitas Breaker of Games

That's if you click the blue banner around the top of the station, the shop interface is next to the dispense, opposite side from the SCU.

13. callen0942

callen0942 Member

Okay I will look for that. Thanks

JimmyBlether likes this.
  14. callen0942

callen0942 Member

Thanks for the help. Was able to buy some thing today.

AstraTheDragon likes this.
  15. DrShadox

DrShadox GeoCorp worker

Also at the early game you should use a solar panel as an anchor block on your tech , since solar panel only desploy when you are anchored , it will allow you to charge your battery without be forced to remove each battery from your tech (also it allow you to build your tech with battery inside it , since you can charge them while still on the tech), and have battery uncovered increase the probability of explosion when you take damage , so during daytime just hit the "anchor" button , and wait then you're done.

Also think to buy battery when you see some in shop , it's always usefull , same for Cabs.

Buy some extra anchoring block can also be usefull for "mark" an interesting area , for exemple you see many ore spot but don't have the project to mine them now (or don't have autominer yet) , put an anchor down and it will add a blue mark on your radar (since its like you put a anchored base here) , it will help you to find the location back later.

One last tip , maybe the more usefull , when you kill an enemy try to destroy his cab without too much explosion or barbarian behavior , the more block you keep "alive" , the more block you'll be able to keep for you after the battle.

edit : and btw , Wellcome ^^

layer1 likes this.
  16. Galrex

Galrex Possibilist

DrShadox likes this.