New Hawkeye Block

Drego117

Apr 20, 2017
One thing that continues to plague players is the specific company hunt missions from Hawkeye. We see these big lumbering techs that look like GeoCorp machines only to find out they don't count for the GeoCorp Hunting missions issued by Hawkeye. Being Terra Tech's military contractor, I suggest adding a IFF Scanner to the Hawkeye Tier 2 blocks. This device, when fitted to a tech, will be able to change the red enemy icons on screen to display which company they represent, so we know which ones will count for our missions.

Kirchhoffs

Mar 3, 2017
the Netherlands
Yes, only Hawkeye could make a block like that. Even though I'd rather have it at an earlier stage in the game, for "Da' Noobs"...
In early game eyesight should be enough to see if the Techs are too strong for you. No need to see what corp it is. ;) (unless you want to lvl 1 specific corp)

Sharra

Apr 7, 2017
In early stages, you see what cab is attached. In later game they are covered by other blocks and armor.

P

Pink Kitty

In early stages, you see what cab is attached. In later game they are covered by other blocks and armor.
Cab is irrelevant.
The corp a tech counts as, is some arcane value based on the blocks that makes it up.

It's not outright number of blocks, by the looks.
I think it might be the total value of each class of block.

So a tech with say, one expensive HE gun, might count as hawkeye.
No one is a hundred percent sure.
Even the devs don't seem to be sure either.

Sharra

Apr 7, 2017
Dear devs, what makes a tech count for a corp?
Uhm... its... oh... something.

P

Pink Kitty

I like this idea... A LOT

it would be really useful
I expect there will be a sprint with 'Cool Radar stuff' in it.

I imagine that the resource radar, this and Venture's special long range 'how big is that tech' radar will all show up at once.

For now, you'll just have to make do with the Pacemaker block, the new Ice biome and other stuff coming in the next update :)

Reactions: elfdrow

Greg

Senior Designer
Oct 12, 2015
The "corporation" of an enemy tech is determined by the highest number of blocks from a single corporation on that tech, e.g. 10 GSO blocks, 4 GC block and 1 VEN block makes it a GSO tech. We run into problems with techs looking like they should be GC when they aren't, mainly because the volume of GC blocks are so much larger than blocks of other corporations. We did discuss changing the calculation to a volume-based one, but it hasn't happened yet. We also plan to address the lack of visual indication at some point, but we can't give a time frame right now, so apologies in advance.