New graphic effects are kind of..bad {camera shake, etc}

Captain Load

The jittery-zoom visual effects of taking damage makes me nauseous. I mean that literally. The weird yellow glow effect like a nuke went off in the distance is almost as bad though I'm nto sure what triggers it. TBH neither feel like meaningful additions to the gamer. Sorry, guys. :/

ZeroGravitas

Breaker of Games
Website
www.youtube.com
It would be helpful if we can turned it on and off at the settings.
@Sdarks was saying on Discord that they were meaning to have an option for the new (tech taking damage) effects. But to be honest, I would be surprised if anyone will want this screen shake enabled. Not sure if it's just that which is affecting, or the chromatic aberration, too...

This isn't to knock Mei Lan's work - it seems well executed.:) But my head still feels kind of wrong typing this now, after just ~10 seconds of exposure.o_O I feel like I would be getting a bad migraine with much more than that.:eek: So literally unplayable, sorry.

I could start a poll thread to ask if anyone would like to keep it...?

Last edited:

burger1113

Since these effects became popular in the 2000's(starting with Crysis, maybe?), my regular routine when I install a new game is to go and turn off motionblur, camera shake, and all that lol Not that they look too bad or anything, but nah...

Last edited:

Captain Load

Since these effects became popular in the 2000's(starting with Crysis, maybe?), my regular routine when I install a new game is to go and turn off motionblur, camera shake, and all that lol Not that they look too bad or anything, but nah...
LOL, same here. Also depth of field and any comic book-style outlining!

Zorgomol

Not a Number
The effect would be a lot more tolerable if it triggered only for combat damage and not every time I bump a wheel onto a rock or or a tree or a crystal hard enough for collision damage. With a big tech that sort of damage is unavoidable but also irrelevant.

Hlebuw3k

The Bread Cat
it wouldnt be so bad if the effect wasnt just straight up in your face, something that you need to pay attension to see. Just a slight little tiny red glow at the edges of the screen would do

Last edited: