New control menu tech

Discussion in 'Techs' started by -=ROOSTER=-, Dec 14, 2018.

1. -=ROOSTER=-

-=ROOSTER=- The Pebble in your Shoe

Not that it really matters, but I constructed an exact copy of the tech that gives example of control functions in the new menu. I thought it would be interesting to see how well it flew. So if anyone was wondering the same thing, It doesn't.

******This has been a public service announcement from "Rooster R&D" **************

You're Welcome.

2. NotExactlyHero

NotExactlyHero FORUM DEFENDER

Why isn't this in techs?

3. -=ROOSTER=-

Well, it's kind of a judgement call on my part. I just felt there was real importance in pointing it out, so it was more of a rambling. And I figured that if I was indeed wrong about that , then Zero would move it when he sees it anyways. :)

4. NotExactlyHero

NotExactlyHero FORUM DEFENDER

@ZeroGravitas do it now before I slam my (figurative) head into a wall.

Edit: Please and thank

#4 NotExactlyHero, Dec 16, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2018
  5. ZeroGravitas

ZeroGravitas Breaker of Games

But where the snapshot friend? OK, you twisted my arm, here's one I made earlier (here on the Workshop):

Scheme Illustration.png

It flies pretty bad. And it only takes off thanks to the new schemes. But it does actually fly.

It's primarily for illustrative purposes, to be fair. So needs to be very simple and easy to understand, with thrusters and props and wheels and wings, etc. It also avoids too many content spoilers, being made out of only level 3 GSO parts (plus a Venture propeller).

I've moved this thread from Ramblings to Techs. Is that preferred, @-=ROOSTER=-?

NotExactlyHero likes this.
  6. -=ROOSTER=-

Actually, I just realized looking at my post again, that I left out a word. I meant to say that it was of NO real importance that I pointed out that it doesn't fly, which is why I thought of it as a rambling. I clearly understand the reasons for this tech being chosen for the task, and I know that you can get it in the air, although if you let off for a second it will nose dive into the ground. I didn't feel it necessary to give a snapshot of something that everyone has in their game already. My only intention was to make a light hearted poke at the dev's about its performance, and hopefully get a smile out of someone. Something that is apparently is not welcome around here. From your reaction @NotExactlyHero , you would think I kicked your dog or something. Sorry if I somehow offended you.

7. ZeroGravitas

ZeroGravitas Breaker of Games

I think they were just being finicky about the location of the thread (not your opinion of the tech), and like bossing me about.:)

8. -=ROOSTER=-

Well, I was just thinking (my first mistake) that the thread was more of a statement than an actual thread. And by that I mean that there was no expectation of any response to it, so it seemed more of a rambling. I did say above, that I knew you would move If I was wrong about that. Which you did. Inconsiderate on my part I suppose, but it's not something that would bother me, so I didn't see it coming that it would bother anyone else if that makes any sense.