New Concept Blocks for each Corporation

Which of these four blocks would you wish to see added to TerraTech First?

• The GSO Scale

Votes: 2 11.1%
  • The Venture Bracket Anchor

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The Hawkeye Mortar

Votes: 6 33.3%
  • The GeoCorp Resource Catapult

Votes: 9 50.0%
  • Other (Reply Below)

Votes: 1 5.6%

• Total voters

Zed

Suggested New Blocks for each corporation.

Greetings;

In this thread is a suggested new block for each corporation; feel free to comment on any of the blocks already suggested, or add your suggestion for a new block within a reply below.

GSO Scale block:

Given that GSO has The majority of fabrication related blocks it would make sense that GSO would release a block that could determine the weight of blocks resting upon it; Scales would work similarly to batteries as multiple scale blocks could be placed on the same tech and share a "pooled" value (similar to how the average charge of all batteries placed on the same tech display the same charge level) which would be displayed along the bottom next to speed / altitude within the HUD. Proposed Dimensions would be 2x by 1y by 2z and might have a similar texture to GSO armor for its useful surface with anchor points similar to the GSO quad HoverPlate.

Venture Corp "Bracket" Anchor:

Venture Corp at present is the only corporation without an Anchor block; this proposed "Bracket Anchor" would be incredibly light with only a single attach point atop of it in order to anchor venture hover vehicles upon landing as opposed to their floating off beyond the horizon or relying on other corporations to "dock" their hover capable techs. Proposed Dimensions would be 1x by 2y by 1z.

Hawkeye Mortar:

With the recent increase in the GSO mini mortar Capability it stands to reason that the defacto military Corporation of Terra Tech would also want capitalise on the opportunity such weaponry provides. Single Barreled and slower rate of fire than the mini mortar the suggested size would be a single barrel occupying 1x by 2y by 2z and be capable of slowly rotating as needed so the total declared area of the weapon would be 3x by 3y by 3z for balance reasons.

GeoCorp Resource Catapult:

Similar in Function to the EXP resource dropper, a GeoCorp Resource Catapult would accept resources and load them into a variant of the GSO / Venture delivery cannon and "fire" them at a 30 degree arc in a certain direction roughly 30 (32) meters. Meant mostly to be paired with GSO Autominers as opposed to laying dozens of GSO conveyors to transfer materials from one anchored tech to another. Suggested Size for this apparatus would be consistent with the current GeoCorp Scrapper. (2x by 3y by 4z)

JimmyBlether

A Kerbal Demon
Website
tinyurl.com
Venture Corp "Bracket" Anchor:

Venture Corp at present is the only corporation without an Anchor block; this proposed "Bracket Anchor" would be incredibly light with only a single attach point atop of it in order to anchor venture hover vehicles upon landing as opposed to their floating off beyond the horizon or relying on other corporations to "dock" their hover capable techs. Proposed Dimensions would be 1x by 2y by 1z.
Hawkeye also lacks an anchor.

P

Pink Kitty

You can build a scale if you really want.

I'd like a HE mortar that was a little like the megton, or missile. Slow firing, large bang.
Good for going over hills and walls.

a cannon that can fire Treasure Blocks™ a long way could be useful.

Captain Load

GC Resource catapult sounds like a good answer to the uber-annoying situation with clusters of autominers. As long as you can drop your refining base at a spot where all those launchers are lobbing in chunks you're literally in the money. It would be great if you could somehow adjust the angle of the catapult, too. Heck, maybe the thing could actually target the nearest anchored refinery within range!

I'm also kinda hoping to see something like PK mentioned. For HE I've previously suggested either a heavy, slow Howitzer-type cannon that would have a minimum firing angle of 25 degrees or a heavy starburst rocket that can go over tall obstacles. Obviously the other corps would need to get some counterpart "siege weapons" of their own if HE got one. Oh, and there might even be countermeasure blocks to defend against these super-weapons (anti-projectile laser, missile, railgun or the like). Obviously this would be late game stuff.

I'm not sure how someone builds their own scale, though..

Last edited:

Zed

a cannon that can fire Treasure Blocks™ a long way could be useful.
Unlike the Resource Catapult which would be expected to throw 1m^3 ammunition a treasure block cannon would be expected to deal with "ammunition" of variable sizes which would increase its overall footprint beyond 4x3x2.

Besides; since Treasure blocks are indeed blocks they might be destroyed due to collision damage upon "arrival" as opposed to mere resources which (to my knowledge) cannot be damaged.

Lord_Chaos

resources which (to my knowledge) cannot be damaged.
Actually, I tried shooting some resources with a SAP cab before, and in about 4-6 shots the resource disappeared. I have tried a few other weapons with the same result. this is resource chunks i am talking about.

Zed

Two Additional Concepts for Blocks recently came to mind which might as well be appended to this thread.

Venture Wind Turbine:

An Anchorable block similar to the GSO Solar Panel however runs on wind and gusts with a biome modifier as described here; in short, the block would determine amount of power generated based on the elevation of the block while anchored and generate power only while anchored.

Hawkeye Gyroscope:

A larger and more powerful version of the Venture Gyroscope; recommended dimensions being 2 wide by 2 deep by 1 tall so that the gyroscope could be centered on techs irrespective if the tech's width is an odd or even number of block-lengths.

Zed

An additional block Concept came to mind during my recent playthrough of 0.7.7 stable:

GeoCorp Large Plow:

Similar to the smaller GSO plowblades; a scoop and flat version should be incorporated into the game for those seeking the "Tonka Truck" experience. These blocks should probably be at least 4 wide by 2 tall and 2 deep with attach points similar to the Current GSO plowblades.

Legionite

Wants to play modded Campaign MP
Website
forum.terratechgame.com
An additional block Concept came to mind during my recent playthrough of 0.7.7 stable:

GeoCorp Large Plow:

Similar to the smaller GSO plowblades; a scoop and flat version should be incorporated into the game for those seeking the "Tonka Truck" experience. These blocks should probably be at least 4 wide by 2 tall and 2 deep with attach points similar to the Current GSO plowblades.
Umm, isn't that what the loader scoops are for?
Maybe they don't work well enough...
I can see the flat version being a new thing.

Zed

Umm, isn't that what the loader scoops are for?
Maybe they don't work well enough...
I can see the flat version being a new thing.
The scoops work to an extent; though the teeth along the bottom of the edge cause collisions which prompt resources / parts to bounce.

Attachments

ZeroGravitas

Breaker of Games
Website
www.youtube.com
The scoops work to an extent; though the teeth along the bottom of the edge cause collisions which prompt resources / parts to bounce.
From what I've tried recently (mostly with GC scoops mounted sideways), the resources just pass straight through the bucket, disappointingly. Only the teeth on the tip had useful collisions.
GeoCorp Large Plow:
I'm thinking of a them in a snow plough-like configuration: ground clearance is going to be a more major issue with bigger ploughs, so have them hydraulically lowered into ploughing position - on space bar (currently), on assignable action when the controls update hits. Would also allow lifting the tech up a little more easily, when mounted to a tech lower down (so, a 2 block lowering travel). Maybe act as a handbrake/stabiliser if actions become toggleable.

ZeroGravitas

Breaker of Games
Website
www.youtube.com
Meant mostly to be paired with GSO Autominers as opposed to laying dozens of GSO conveyors to transfer materials from one anchored tech to another.
I'm not sure about this. It would definitely be fun to toss resources about.:) It would enable a bunch of fun builds, I think.:D

In terms of practicalities, I'm not convinced; I think it might be a bit too creative for mainstream player use in campaign. And obviously GeoCorp need a orbital delivery canon, anyway (which I'd expect soonish - bigger, and identical functionality to GSO's, for now).

The main thing is that we need to see what direction the devs are going to go with optimising out the frequent frame-rate killing issue with auto-miner backloged resource piles: if cut-down mining base simulation-at-distance were to become a thing, I imagine it not being able to include full physics around each base. More likely just a crafting base conveyor simulation only (but who knows). Hence a device like your proposal wouldn't function there, causing confusion/frustration.