New Cabs for GSO, Venture, and Hawkeye

Which of these cabs do you like?

• Total voters

Lord Zarnox

Founder of the IFTTES
May 31, 2017
Australia
You know how GeoCorp has the Boss and Overlord cabs? Well, I think I have an idea to reintroduce them into the game. Give each corporation higher grade cabs. These cabs would be quite different to the Grade 1 cabs: they would have no weapons or wheels (basically, they would act like normal blocks, but allow control of the tech, similar to the Crafty Mike head block), but they would have other properties to make up for this (the all have more health, but some more so than others).
Here is a list of the new cabs and their properties:
  • GeoCorp has the Boss and Overlord cabs, which would fit into GC Grade 2 and 3, respectively. The only special properties these would have are a built in radar (a shorter range radar if possible, such as half the radius), and a ton of health.
  • Venture could get a sleek, inline cockpit, 1x1x2 (x y z, width height length), which would have 5 APs (back, back top, back bottom, front left, front right), for Grade 2. It would come with a built in battery gauge and altimeter (as well as the speedometer, like the normal Venture cab). This block would look good at the front of an aircraft, or on a 1 block tall car (just place wheels on the side APs, then a block and wheels at the back).
  • Hawkeye could get an armoured, AFV (armored fighting vehicle)/tank cockpit (or whatever you would call it), for Grade 2 and 3. They would be 2x1x2 for the Grade 2 block, and 3x1x2 for the Grade 3 block. Both would come with a built in radar, as well as a fuel gauge, and also AI compatibility (meaning it functions as both a player cab and AI cab for the same tech). The Grade 3 version would also include an altimeter and a battery gauge. Both version would also be quite armoured, like most HE blocks, but a little more than normal, as they would be suitable to be used aesthetically on tanks and other heavy, armored, military vehicles. Their design could probably look similar to the concept art vehicle for Hawkeye, but a bit more in style with their current blocks.
  • I'm not to sure about GSO, but maybe a 3x2x2 or 2x2x3 observation/command deck, similar in design to @Mottflyer's TSN cab, and could go in Grade 4 or 5. It would be able to produce a lot of light at night, in a 180 to 270 degree arc. It would have reasonable health for its size and grade, and possibly would come with ~3 GSO batteries worth of power, and built in AI compatibility.
If you have any other suggestions, please post them.

Last edited:

Lord Zarnox

Founder of the IFTTES
May 31, 2017
Australia
Ok, I think the forums just pulled a YouTube... 1 view, but 2 likes, and 4 people have done the poll... Yeah, that seems right...

Reactions: Boomik
P

Pink Kitty

All these suggestions are good.

And there's no reason we couldn't have little GSO cab wheels on the bottom, for all the cabs that don't currently have them.

Lord Zarnox

Founder of the IFTTES
May 31, 2017
Australia
All these suggestions are good.

And there's no reason we couldn't have little GSO cab wheels on the bottom, for all the cabs that don't currently have them.
The way I see it is that the Grade 1 cabs act as all purpose cabs, with emergency wheels and weapons, whereas larger cabs are simply designed to be used as the control block of a large tech, and not used on their own. What they lack in emergency equipment they make up for with health and other properties.