NEW BLOCK FOOTAGE - Remote Charger

Azuratte

Feb 11, 2015
This is fantastic. MUAHAHHAHAHH!

As far as upgrading, this game seems quite simple, could the system not work like this...

As example, one shield makes shield of size 1. Two shields attached to each other increase size of shield bubble to 1.95, three is 2.8 times the size of a single shield and so on till adding more doesn't help. Diminishing returns. Seems a bit simpler to program than multi point shield arrays.

Then just make say 2 shield sizes, big and little, this passes on to the rest of group capable objects. I do remember seeing multiple model sizes in game somewhere in pictures, so you're half way there.

Az

Jamie

PAYLOAD STUDIOS
Sep 16, 2014
London, UK
I like it. Got a few nice applications. Does it "shoot" straight to a battery or can it transfer the energy to any conveyer connected to the battery?

Reason for asking is that I would like to engulf my batteries in the actual hull
This would work yep! So long as the battery is in range of the remote charger :)

Reactions: TKofSweden

TKofSweden

Feb 8, 2015
This would work yep! So long as the battery is in range of the remote charger :)
It is the current distance that worries me. With a big enough vehicle and the battery in the middle of the tech there is a risk the remote charger won't work.

I guess a workaround could be to place one battery far out on the tech which in turn is connected with conveyers to the main batteries in the middle of the tech?

Reactions: Jamie

Knyghtefall

Jan 5, 2015
My current understanding of Batteries is that they work where ever they are attached, as long as they're upright. In other words, they don't need to be attached directly to anything to work properly. I'm theorizing that the beam of the remote charger just needs to reach the Tech, not directly to the Battery.

Stein Arne Kjørås

Feb 19, 2015
If you can have batteries, and shield generators on your construction...we should have a button to push, to turn the batteries on/off... i don't want to get to the end and be aaaaaall out of batteries and die! :p

Reactions: Jamie and Tinywar

Jamie

PAYLOAD STUDIOS
Sep 16, 2014
London, UK
The range of the Remote Charger is a design consideration. We like the idea of players having to think about their builds in order to fit their playstyle/circumstances. If you're reliant on Remote Charging a lot - build you batteries on the edge of your Tech. You trade the batteries being vulnerable for the efficiency of remote charging :)

Reactions: TKofSweden

TKofSweden

Feb 8, 2015
The range of the Remote Charger is a design consideration. We like the idea of players having to think about their builds in order to fit their playstyle/circumstances. If you're reliant on Remote Charging a lot - build you batteries on the edge of your Tech. You trade the batteries being vulnerable for the efficiency of remote charging :)
Ok :)

educk

Beta Backer
Dec 12, 2014
Could you not have 1 battery on the edge of the tech and the rest in the middle, as once 1 is charged then the rest can charge via that battery