NEW BLOCK FOOTAGE - Remote Charger

Knyghtefall

Jan 5, 2015
*stroking my chin* verrrrry interesting...

So, this is to intended to replace the need for a Tech to carry around (and feed) a 'portable' Generator, correct?

Will we be able to build Batteries in this update?

How about Solar Power Generators?

Knyghtefall

Jan 5, 2015
^This! I was thinking the same thing. Set up a 'network' of bases/outposts so that the blocks that require power are constantly charged when in 'your' area.

Jamie

PAYLOAD STUDIOS
Sep 16, 2014
London, UK
It's designed to allow the player a place to go to charge their empty batteries. Remote Chargers drain power from charged batteries that are attached to them and send it to nearby uncharged batteries (in this case, on the vehicle).

Batteries and Solar Power Generators will be craftable in the next update - yes :)

Jamie

PAYLOAD STUDIOS
Sep 16, 2014
London, UK
Could there be ways of increasing the range of the beam or will you stick to the same range?
Could be something we look into. Maybe a more advanced Remote Charger could have a longer range...let's get this one fully implemented first though eh? ;)

Reactions: Darci

Knyghtefall

Jan 5, 2015
*nods* Have to see how it works in game to see how useful it is in comparison to carrying a Generator about.

Tinywar

Aug 13, 2014
I see one problem with that
Driving around and you can't find your base to recharge your batteries again

Kenniej

Feb 14, 2015
Sweet a update when the weekend starts!! You guys are so awesome with game building,i am gonna test the update a soon as possible.

Reactions: Jamie

TKofSweden

Feb 8, 2015
Place holder sound for now - this should be available in the R&D Testbed from tomorrow's update.

Let us know your thoughts!
https://vine.co/v/OxFPjp2wZHv
I like it. Got a few nice applications. Does it "shoot" straight to a battery or can it transfer the energy to any conveyer connected to the battery?

Reason for asking is that I would like to engulf my batteries in the actual hull