New Biome ideas to spice things up

Which one did you like?

• Have some changes/suggestions

• None

Results are only viewable after voting.

Boomik

Apr 2, 2017
Stalk me not
Here's some new biome ideas since the ones we have currently are pretty dull. Some of these ideas are taken from an old post (here: https://forum.terratechgame.com/index.php?threads/possible-biomes.11921/) since they sounded pretty cool.

Biome 1: The Crystal Biome: (shown in a Teaser from an old blog)
I've shown here @Legionite 's look on the crystal biome, which sounded nice.

How I imagine the Crystal Biome:

I imagine it to be a contoured white-ish landscape with many different colorful crystals scattered about.
The landscape is strange, as it turns pink on sunrise and purple at sunset. It looks very reflective of the sun's light, and it lights up like snow to light.

The sky is a mysterious pinkish-red-white mix during daytime, and has "northern lights" at nighttime.

All of them glow at night:
Redish-Pink crystals are the largest of them all, and have an unlimited supply of special new crystals (mined at a specific point on the base) that can be used in a furnace for significant power.
Erudite, Celestite, and Ignite all can be acquired here, and they glow in this biome! They are thinly spread out, and they usually accompany the large Redish-Pink crystals.
Tiny patches of purple crystals are found lying about, but they are only ground decorations the size of the "Laser Shooting Shrubs" (they are shaped like a polished diamond).

No rocks are found here, and Erudite, Celestite, and Ignite don't have rock bases, nor do they leave any rock residue behind when destroyed.

Given that some crystals are floating, and the idea of the moon, the gravity is less than usual here, as the Tech will only be affected by 2/3s gravity, allowing the big scary enemy Techs to roam freely on the lightly hilled landscape, giving a reason to not build a base in this resourceful place.
Also about the Crystal Biome, it should be on top of the tallest mountain in the Extreme Mountains Biome. The Crystal Biome would reach space, thus explaining the low gravity and floating crystals there. Also, I there should be floating islands that you can build a bridge to, and the massive floating crystals would float and move around the place.

Biome 2: The Volcanic Biome: (sorta taken from the thread mentioned above)

The Volcanic Biome is a biome with lots of canyons, lava streams and puddles, massive mountains and volcanoes that would erupt, spewing lava and molten rock every now and then. When you touch the lava, the part of your tech that is touching it will burn and constantly take damage. The Biome would have outcrops of obsidian, which is a very good fuel and is used to make lava-resistant obsidian blocks and armor at any fabricator. There will also be much larger techs there, with rich amounts of Carbite, Oliete, and Crystals.

Biome 3: The Oasis:

Oasis Biomes are small-medium patches of grassland inside large Deserts, and have a dense amount of grassland trees on the inside and palm trees on the outside, and (maybe) small lakes? It will be rich in Ignite and Erudite but no rocks or rock resources will spawn in them. Enemies will also not be able to spawn in them as well. Enemies that have been chasing you that are brought into the Oasis Biome will not shoot at you and turn neutral although once they go outside of it, they will turn back into an enemy.

Biome 4: The Extreme Mountains

The Extreme Mountains are a much much taller, much, much steeper version Mountains than just the normal mountain Biome. This biome would be colored grayish blue instead of the usual red. They will also be separate from the normal mountain biome. Most of the mountains there break through the layers of the atmosphere on the planet, with some even reaching space. When you go past the initial ceiling of the atmosphere, your will take some heavy damage to some blocks on your tech, although the blocks will not be completely destroyed. In space, your gravity is lowered by a marginal amount, but not completely reduced to zero. On the tallest mountain in each biome there lies a Crystal Biome, mentioned above. Alongside the edge of the mountains are some cliff sides that grant nice views below you. When climbing the mountain, a plane or aircraft is recommended to get to the top and then loading in your land tech. If want to actually climb it, it will be impossibly hard and will be impossible without lots of boosters and high traction tires. The steepness of the mountains will range from a 45 degree angle as the lowest to highs up to 75 degrees.

Boomik

Apr 2, 2017
Stalk me not
Biome 5: The Jungle Rainforest(Sorta taken from the thread above as well)

Jungle Biomes have very dense amounts of large trees and shrubbery and have very little rocks and rock type resources with no crystals at all. The Jungle trees are extra thick and tall, and drop lots of extra would and sap. They also drop cocoa beans which is used to make giant mugs of coffee at any fabricator for decoration. The ground in the Jungle is very hilly with lots of bumps. There is also lots of rainy weather inside this biome which makes leaves drip water as well for aesthetic purposes.

Biome 6: The Redwood Forest

The Redwood Forest has massive Redwood trees that you can build a base/treehouse on. There will also be smaller Redwood trees that can be cut down easier but will still take a very long time and will drop massive amounts of wood and sap (more sap than wood). This biome has patches of rocks and rock resources every now and then with some erudite crystals as well. The massive trees have layers of this wood-like half circles sticking out the side of the trunks that techs can anchor to. On the leaf top of a large tree can also be anchored to and has a nice view. To cut down a large Redwood tree, you have to dig into the side of the bottom of the tree and it will make a dent. You have to keep on making dents until you get to the other side, and the tree will tip over and break. It will drop a bunch of large wood chunks which can be scrapped by any scrapper into 25-50 chunks of fibrewood and tree sap.

The Grand Teki

Feb 17, 2017
UESO hq.
Biome 1: The Crystal Biome
Solar panels in this biome should have double power output because this planet has a dense atmosphere (planes CAN fly) and that reduces sunlight at the surface.

When you go past the initial ceiling of the atmosphere, your will take some heavy damage to some blocks on your tech, although the blocks will not be completely destroyed.
Uh, why? I don't see a particular reason for that.

Enemies that have been chasing you that are brought into the Oasis Biome will not shoot at you and turn neutral although once they go outside of it, they will turn back into an enemy.
So you can lure enemies into it and destroy them easily?

I like all of them, and I want them ingame, especially the crystal and extreme mountain biomes!

JimmyBlether

Regrettably Inactive (long term)
Jul 31, 2017
Somewhere off the map
tinyurl.com
The Extreme Mountains are a much much taller, much, much steeper version Mountains than just the normal mountain Biome. This biome would be colored grayish blue instead of the usual red. They will also be separate from the normal mountain biome. Most of the mountains there break through the layers of the atmosphere on the planet, with some even reaching space. When you go past the initial ceiling of the atmosphere, your will take some heavy damage to some blocks on your tech, although the blocks will not be completely destroyed. In space, your gravity is lowered by a marginal amount, but not completely reduced to zero. On the tallest mountain in each biome there lies a Crystal Biome, mentioned above. Alongside the edge of the mountains are some cliff sides that grant nice views below you. When climbing the mountain, a plane or aircraft is recommended to get to the top and then loading in your land tech. If want to actually climb it, it will be impossibly hard and will be impossible without lots of boosters and high traction tires. The steepness of the mountains wil
Similar idea to my Canyons and Sinkholes thread.

GamerParrish

Aug 14, 2016
In a Tank Tinkering
Hey Boomik, great ideas! Not so much to implement for awhile. It would take a long time to even add one biome. And considering they are almost done revamping biomes because of multiplayer taking a bunch of time off their hands. It wont be for awhile.

Just wanted to let you know so if these aren't added for awhile or not at all you know why

Boomik

Apr 2, 2017
Stalk me not
Now I know for sure that they actually ARE adding more biomes (though I should've known that a long time ago), @Baconus_Yum how are these ideas for new biomes? I know it says to not post any of these, but instead of just requesting for more biomes, we actually put ideas for new biomes?

GamerParrish

Aug 14, 2016
In a Tank Tinkering
Now I know for sure that they actually ARE adding more biomes (though I should've known that a long time ago), @Baconus_Yum how are these ideas for new biomes? I know it says to not post any of these, but instead of just requesting for more biomes, we actually put ideas for new biomes?
Like I said
so if these aren't added for awhile
Also, lets close up on that
But yea, I bet you one of these will be in the game probably cause of the reposting of the same idea basically. (except for the redwood forest, way to much implementation probably)

Nocallia

Administrator
Aug 7, 2015
Elsewhere
Suggestions for biomes are allowed. Just stating that they should add more is not.