New Animated Block Suggestion

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Feedback' started by Leon Smith, Sep 23, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Leon Smith

Leon Smith New Member

This may be hard to implement because of the hitboxes but I think it would be really cool to have. It would be a capsule/hidden silo thingy. Comprised of a platform block, which you can just place any 1 x 1 weapon on it or anything, with some sort of cover on the top, like a missile hatch, and then when you press a key the top can open up and the 1 x 1 platform rises up and out revealing whatever block you placed on it.

I think having these on your tech would make it look sooooo BA, just pressing X and having all your guns pop out of your tech. There could be different sized platforms like 2 x 2 with different coverings. Some that just open out or some that fold away etc. The platforms could rotate as they rise to look even cooler.

Just a thought, it would be pretty sweet.

Cheers for the game,
    Leon.

2. harpo99999

harpo99999 ah kick till it starts

I seem to remember a somewhat similar suggestion from a while ago, it was shot down as the inside unity game engine for terratech does NOT support moving blocks (all blocks with animation have a hitbox/sizebox for the full size eg solar panels)

Soviet_Samuelson likes this.
  3. n2galactic

n2galactic Spammer of Megatons

Why not just make them work like that.

4. harpo99999

harpo99999 ah kick till it starts

from memory, the suggestion was (like your suggestion) a block attached to the end of another block that VARIES one dimension, which would give a non-fixed matrix for the techs, and the game engine works with fixed matrixes and was refused by the devs

Soviet_Samuelson likes this.
  5. Sdarks

Sdarks PAYLOAD STUDIOS

This is a great idea and something I've been thinking about myself, I think it'd be very cool. There are issues with variable size blocks and how you'd place the weapon in the platform and all that stuff, but nothing is impossible :)

I'm not saying it'll be in the game tomorrow or that we'll even add it at all, but don't be discouraged to post cool ideas because it might not be possible. It's our job to worry about the possible and the practical :D

6. Soviet_Samuelson

Soviet_Samuelson Living in my pizza boxes because mom kicked me out

they cant with the current system, and changing the system would mean reprograming the whole game

7. n2galactic

n2galactic Spammer of Megatons

Make the combined gun/platform block a new block for every combination of guns and platforms. Make that block unobtainable by normal methods and appear in the place of a gun and (obtainable) platform block when a gun is placed on it.

So it would work like this.
    I'm driving along and find a GSO 1x1x1 gun platform block.
    I place it on my tech.
    It doesn't do anything.
    I place a ZK-74 light machine gun on it.
    The platform and gun are both consumed.
    What appears (attached to the tech) in their place is a new block. GSO gun platform with ZK-74.
    That block then behaves like a solar panel, with the hitbox existing to the gun's full height, whether or not the gun is showing.
    Kabluey, gun platform system.

Sokolov and Soviet_Samuelson like this.
  8. Soviet_Samuelson

Soviet_Samuelson Living in my pizza boxes because mom kicked me out

aight, im interested