NeuTecha - A Community Project

Discussion in 'Open' started by reaperx1, Dec 5, 2017.

1. Lord Zarnox

Lord Zarnox Founder of the IFTTES

Here is the first drone turret.
    ZRNX BT 01.png
    For a demonstration on how to use it, use the demo snapshot. Make sure it is anchored, and add a cab to the rig (because I forgot to do that), then remove the Venture Bracket connecting the drone turret to the rig. Next, move the EXP Medium Socket so that it intersects with the ball, then place it. After that, you will need to select the rig, and press X. Unfortunately, it seems to always cause the turret's ball to phase through the socket, so you may need to use build beam and place the socket again. The drone turret is very stable while mounted to a tech, but when driving it on the ground (while not mounted), it tends to fall over at some turns.

Attached Files:

2. reaperx1

reaperx1 Crazed Builder

Cool, I like where your going with this idea! Have a good one [8D)

Lord Zarnox likes this.
  3. reaperx1

reaperx1 Crazed Builder

Hello everyone!
    It has been a long time coming, but we are finally starting to arrive on NeuTecha and it is as awesome as I expected!
    I hope you all agree and this project can really take off from here :).

Have a good one [8D)

Chrii_the_Vieh and Seth_Seth like this.
  4. Soviet_Samuelson

Soviet_Samuelson Living in my pizza boxes because mom kicked me out

Hey RX1 i got a new guy, Taxation Terry! He moved to Neutecha because no one liked him (because he's a tax collector) but still no one will like him (because he's a tax collector)

Attached Files:

reaperx1 likes this.
  5. Seth_Seth

Seth_Seth Temp. Leader of SFS, Gamer

oh
    so apparently being a tax collector will get you universally disliked.

6. Soviet_Samuelson

Soviet_Samuelson Living in my pizza boxes because mom kicked me out

yea, he will take your money

7. harpo99999

harpo99999 ah kick till it starts

so it is another of the criminals

8. Lord Zarnox

Arguably, aren't all of the prospectors, including the player, destroying other peoples property and committing theft?

Legionite likes this.
  9. Seth_Seth

Seth_Seth Temp. Leader of SFS, Gamer

pretty much.

10. reaperx1

reaperx1 Crazed Builder

Don't worry about Terry he will have a place in NeuTecha taxing the locals that try to cross our borders to cause trouble. They will pay with their blocks ;). He'll make some friends pretty quick I think.
    Other than that he won't have nothing to do seeing how our citizens don't have to pay taxes per say they just help out to make our world better as a kind of a cost of living expense.

Have a good one [8D)

11. reaperx1

reaperx1 Crazed Builder

Only if there is some tech is left standing to report it . Scrap em and SCU em, problem solved ;). Have a good one [8D)

12. reaperx1

reaperx1 Crazed Builder

Hello!
    I was hoping to have a brand new power plant for NeuTecha, but I ran into a problem with the conveyors since I updated to 0.7.9.1 and now things just aren't working out as smoothly as I would have liked.

@Adriano you may be interested in this. I have sent in a few bug reports, but this should better show what has been going on. If you watch the conveyors as X is pressed you will see that they get reversed and the pacemaker is reset to it's default. Hope you can get this fixed soon, thanks.

Have a good one [8D)

13. Lord Zarnox

Maybe try using 8 conveyors to prevent the twisting. Each side has two conveyor loops, one clockwise, and one anticlockwise.

reaperx1 likes this.
  14. reaperx1

reaperx1 Crazed Builder

If my next attempt fails I will most certainly try using eight. Thanks for the suggestion it would be easier to make it stable that way.
    It seemed to be caused by having conveyors on all four sides. I think it was pinching it between the resources causing them to clip into the inner tech which caused the weirdness. It will probably work with just one conveyor line, but that needs a rebuild to make sure.
    Have a good one [8D)

Lord Zarnox likes this.
  15. reaperx1

reaperx1 Crazed Builder

Hello again!
    With all of us arriving at the airport we can get a good idea of how many citizens and characters that have made the journey to NeuTecha so far!
    I think this is turning out really good at this point and can only get better! Thanks to all who have participated in making this project as great as it is :)!

Now it is time to start moving them to either the resort or to their homes in town.

Have a good one [8D)

Chrii_the_Vieh likes this.
  16. Aardvark123

Aardvark123 Well-Known Member

If you don't mind, I'd like to join the NeuTecha fun. I've made myself an avatar according to your guidelines, inspired by myself:
    Aardvark123.png
    This is Aardvark123, the man with a GSO shotgun for a head. He's easy enough to get along with, although he can be a little uptight. He carries his Venture repair bubble everywhere because he doesn't have any spare moustache pieces.
    He would be best employed as a writer or a tech designer, but he's willing to help out with anything that probably won't result in a painful explosion.

reaperx1 likes this.
  17. Lord Zarnox

Sneezing must be painful.

Aardvark123 likes this.
  18. Saints_Blizzard

Saints_Blizzard Certified warhammer40k nerd

Depends, does he have slugs up his nose or birdshot/pellets

Lord Zarnox and Aardvark123 like this.
  19. Aardvark123

Aardvark123 Well-Known Member

The barrels are meant to be his eyes, but I take your point.

20. reaperx1

reaperx1 Crazed Builder

We would be glad to have you join in! That is a pretty cool use of the shotguns. Now looks can kill ;).
    It may be a bit, but we will get you there.
    Have a good one [8D)

Legionite likes this.