NeuTecha - A Community Project

Discussion in 'Open' started by reaperx1, Dec 5, 2017.

1. Lord Zarnox

Lord Zarnox Founder of the IFTTES

Do you think you could use this tech with my citizen? (Just say that my citizen built it, primarily for patrol/defensive tasks)
    https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1329669150

P.S. I found that I had uploaded that, but as I still don't have a functioning computer...
    P.P.S. The attached file is just the preview from Steam, so it isn't a snapshot.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2018
    reaperx1 likes this.
  2. Aardvark123

Aardvark123 Well-Known Member

I've been working on this character and her equipment for quite some time now, so it's probably about time I released her. Here's Miyamoto, a fully qualified samurai:

Miyamoto.png

Miyamoto is a fearless warrior, determined to protect her friends and stand up for what's right. She takes herself seriously and tries to be elegant, or at least as elegant as she can be while hacking enemies to pieces. She enjoys dancing and rock-climbing in her spare time, often doing the latter with Josephine. They get quite competitive on steep cliffs. Her swords can be moved to the front attach points on her hands for ease of use, although they will probably function better when Vibro blades are programmed to actually work.

Her house looks like this:

Miyamotos Pagoda.png

Unfortunately, she had to sacrifice a bit of living space for the proper Japanese aesthetic. There are no such issues with her combat tech, though:

Spear of Amaterasu.png

The Spear of Amaterasu is Miyamoto's pride and joy. It can run rings around enemy techs in spite of its size, pelting them with missiles and bullets all the while. The sixteen shotguns at the front are enough to shred through any shield. The only thing the Spear of Amaterasu can't do is endure serious damage, so it's just as well the eponymous sun goddess doesn't actually want to stab anybody with it.

3. Seth_Seth

Seth_Seth Temp. Leader of SFS, Gamer

Large Silo GEO.png

Here's a Silo... thingy
    All Large Silo GEO's receive a free Maintenance Unit included with the silo, press X to activate the Maintenance Unit.

4. Lord Zarnox

Here's a possible idea: Could you do a showcase video on all of the citizens and/or characters that have been submitted? I'm sure many of us would like to hear your thoughts on their designs and functionality.

5. reaperx1

reaperx1 Crazed Builder

Sure can, that can be your battle tech and it looks like it would be a great defender! Have a good one [8D)

Lord Zarnox and Aardvark123 like this.
  6. reaperx1

reaperx1 Crazed Builder

Right on, she will be a great addition to the community and also to our defensive capabilities! I'm feeling safer already. Have a good one [8D)

7. reaperx1

reaperx1 Crazed Builder

That will definitely hold a lot of resource! Good idea. Have a good one [8D)

8. reaperx1

reaperx1 Crazed Builder

That is a very good idea! I'll see what I can do, but it may take a bit of time. Things are going to be a bit busy on my end for the next week or so. Thanks for the suggestion! Have a good one [8D)

9. reaperx1

reaperx1 Crazed Builder

Hello everyone!
    After getting our new forge supervisor figured out there was one more thing that needed to be taken care of and that was a little security for the entrance to the forge and this is what I came up with.

I'm pretty sure the workers are feeling safer already with these on guard at the door. Not to mention the main turrets pitching in where ever needed ;).

Have a good one [8D)

10. reaperx1

reaperx1 Crazed Builder

Hello!
    Since we now have a town in place and it is filling up with residents it is only right that we have a few essential services such as a fire station complete with fire engine and personnel.
    So if you are ever in need of these services just look for these....

Have a good one [8D)

Benbacon, Aardvark123, Galrex and 2 others like this.
  11. Lord Zarnox

That probably shouldn't have 911 on it, as that is exclusive to the US (as far as I'm aware). For example, Australia has 000, and I think (but actually don't really have any idea for sure) New Zealand has something like 999.
    EDIT: See here: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_emergency_telephone_numbers
    P.S. Are they equipped with flamethrowers? Actually, come to think of it, due to being in a forest, it makes sense to have them, to prevent unwanted spread.

reaperx1 likes this.
  12. reaperx1

reaperx1 Crazed Builder

In Canada we also use 911 for our emergency services so that is where that came from, but I see your point.

The fire department has a wide range of tools that they can use depending on the emergency and it turns out that the flamethrowers are their favorite tool to use when they get the opportunity :).

Have a good one [8D)

Lord Zarnox likes this.
  13. reaperx1

reaperx1 Crazed Builder

Hello everyone!
    In addition to our new fire department we now have a brand new health care facility that is equipped with a doctor that is on call 24/7 and one of the fastest ambulances I've ever seen so they will get there with time to spare ;).
    No lives will be lost while they are on the job!
    Check them out so if your citizen is in need you'll know what to look for.

Have a good one [8D)

14. Aardvark123

Aardvark123 Well-Known Member

I've been wondering, what long-term plans do you have for NeuTecha? How are you going to handle stories, role-playing and whatnot when we get to that stage?

Lord Zarnox, reaperx1 and Seth_Seth like this.
  15. reaperx1

reaperx1 Crazed Builder

I figure that it could play out a little like a reality show that shows different citizens and characters in a variety of situations and how they play out. It could be like a sit com, drama, action, adventure, family or thriller depending on the episode.
    Things could change as we progress, but that is what I am hoping to be able to do.
    When we get to the stories that will be something that we should all be part of making and whoever is in the story would hopefully be able to do the voice for their citizen or character.
    I haven't really worked out all the details yet, but I am open to suggestions.

Have a good one [8D)

16. Seth_Seth

sure.

17. Seth_Seth

@reaperx1 i went to desert place
    20180810153042_1.jpg

What you're see here:
    Seth_Seth 2.0 with both flamethrowers (because new competition)
    House
    Garage + Car
    Regular Battle Tech Hawkeye A5345
    Other Battle Tech JBD-856 (hovercraft model name) (what do we call 2nd battle techs?)

i also did this:
    20180810154245_1.jpg 20180810154305_1.jpg
    It's harder to fly but i can ride it i guess?

reaperx1 and JimmyBlether like this.
  18. Seth_Seth

19. JimmyBlether

JimmyBlether SFS SUPREME COMMANDER (on roleplay holiday)

I laughed at the flying thing so much!

Uuuuuhhh…

@reaperx1, are you thinking of taking part in our competition?

reaperx1 and Seth_Seth like this.
  20. reaperx1

reaperx1 Crazed Builder

You can call them anything you like.
    Do you want your house and everything to be moved out of town and into the desert in NeuTecha?

That is a pretty sweet ride you have there! You'll be on top of all the action in that. Is that your second battle tech?

I have added your garage to your citizen folder and it will be added next to your house as soon as I can. The saves have been crashing a lot making it hard to get anything done with NeuTecha so it may take some time.
    Have a good one [8D)