Need help with Hover GC tech

Discussion in 'Community Help, Questions and Guides' started by DrShadox, Jul 27, 2018.

1. DrShadox

DrShadox GeoCorp worker

Hello , as you may know i mostly play with GC block, so after seeing Staff added GC hover i've trying to make a GC-Hover tech , however it's pretty messy about control , so idk if it's a "normal" behavior or if i'm bad about hover tech xD

So i'll share my GC hover tech for show you but if someone can give few suggestion for improve it (or share your own tech for study the build) it would be cool.

Thank you.

Attached Files:

Lord Zarnox and ZeroGravitas like this.
  2. Lord Zarnox

Lord Zarnox Founder of the IFTTES

You could probably replace the plating on the side with sloped GeoCorp armor blocks, although I don't know for sure if it will give much more protection.

3. DrShadox

DrShadox GeoCorp worker

You mean for make the tech less heavy ?
    I'll try that.

4. FreshBathtub226

FreshBathtub226 New Member

if you haven't already, put fans on the inside so the craft can move

Lord Zarnox and Zed like this.
  5. Lord Zarnox

Lord Zarnox Founder of the IFTTES

GSO fans, while they might not be the most efficient for their volume (I don't actually know for sure, just assuming), are very convenient in that you can place two next to each other in the space of a GeoCorp One Block, which makes it easy to integrate into GeoCorp techs.

6. DrShadox

DrShadox GeoCorp worker

Yeah i need to see that but TBH i almost never use standar GC block , i use GC battery instead , heavier i think , but more battery is always helpfull lol.

Lord Zarnox likes this.
  7. Potato

Potato Tinkerer of Titäns

I can suggest a few for this Tech:
    1. Add Venture Gyros to lessen the tilt it gets while moving. It'll make it harder to move on slopes though.
    2. You can change the position of your fans: Instead of on top of your Tech, you can put them around it. This layout will handle better because the fan's direction of force is closer to your Tech's center of mass.
    3. If you plan your Tech to be closer to the ground, you can add wheels on the front and back to act as bumpers. That will prevent unnecessary damage.
    4. You can also add wings on the areas you wish to keep above ground.
    Remember, Hover Techs are kinda like planes, only they're closer to the ground, so plane-building techniques like keeping a balanced center of mass and balanced sources of propulsion applies here.

-=ROOSTER=- and Lord Zarnox like this.
  8. DrShadox

DrShadox GeoCorp worker

Thanks for yours tips everyone ^^ i'll update after some change.

Edit :
    Ok so i've already 14 venture gyro inside , do you think i need to put more in it ?
    I've remove the fan in the center (only those for turn) andp ut battery, and i've remove battery on side for put fan , no tried yet.

#8 DrShadox, Aug 5, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2018
    Lord Zarnox likes this.