Need Help With Flying Tech

Giovanni

Jun 12, 2016
Dimension C-137
steamcommunity.com
Hi I was in the R&D test chamber trying to create a simple flying tech that would allow easy control and be equipped with one GSO battery, one repair bubble, one mobile terminal, and one radar, but despite all my efforts (Translation one whole hour of trying) I couldn't properly create one and gave up, most of the time it would take off and loop up and backwards I even tried mimicing a real plane it didn't even fly ._. that's why I am here so any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance ~Giovanni

Chrii_the_Vieh

Oct 26, 2015
Germland Institute in Scotmany
Hi Giovanni,

welcome to the TT-community.
You said GSO battery, repair, payload terminal and radar in a simple plane.
So it has to be GSO only? Building planes with venture parts is much more conveniant.

I'm going to go for lunch right now, when I'm back, I am going to design a desired plane right away.
Have a look here for some inspiration meanwhile:
The Dragon's Hangar - Home of Chrii's brilliant creations

If your plane loops up, the back is too heavy or needs more lift (add wings there or spread the weight to the front).

EDIT: Could you post one of your trials, just that I get an idea of what you are trying to build?

Giovanni

Jun 12, 2016
Dimension C-137
steamcommunity.com
Hi Giovanni,

welcome to the TT-community.
You said GSO battery, repair, payload terminal and radar in a simple plane.
So it has to be GSO only? Building planes with venture parts is much more conveniant.

I'm going to go for lunch right now, when I'm back, I am going to design a desired plane right away.
Have a look here for some inspiration meanwhile:
The Dragon's Hangar - Home of Chrii's brilliant creations

If your plane loops up, the back is too heavy or needs more lift (add wings there or spread the weight to the front).

EDIT: Could you post one of your trials, just that I get an idea of what you are trying to build?
This is my basic idea of how a plane should look also it can be more than just GSO parts.

BoringPlane.PNG

Chrii_the_Vieh

Oct 26, 2015
Here we go, I am back and did some building:

First of a little plane similar to yours:

LtlStarPlaneV1
LtlStarPlaneV1.png
This one is a little beauty, flying it is difficult due to the wonky wings from GSO.
Minimal steering makes it work quite good.

It just got bigger:

MedStaPlanV1
MedStaPlanV1.png
A little bigger, a little heavier, hard to control as well. VentureCab though.

Here is my Venture starter-plane:

VenStPlanV1
VenStaPlanV1.png
A little wobbly to fly, but I think it should be in the game as another lift-off mission to get those Venture-blocks.

Let me know what you think of those planes.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sleepcakes

Sleepcakes

Nov 2, 2015
A place with beds and bakeries
This is my basic idea of how a plane should look also it can be more than just GSO parts.

View attachment 6139
Chrii have some excellent plane designs right there, which I absolutely reccomend you load into your game and try out.

If you want tips on building planes yourself though, there's three primary things you should keep in mind:
-four or more wings on the side of the plane is extremely helpful when trying to make your plane stable.
-Try to keep weight balanced between the back and the front.
-Always make sure to have enough thrust to carry your plane. In your case, this isn't a problem since your plane was small and light.

Here's an example of a plane that I redesigned out of your original:
Boring Plane 2.png
I hope this helps you with building planes in the future. Cheers~

Reactions: Chrii_the_Vieh

Olli_DXD

Räksmörgås
Dec 26, 2015
Linköping, Sweden
Xpireso MkI2.png
Xpireso a fighter/recon hybrid capable of holding 2 megaton cannons for bombing under it's wings and is quite robust and can take a hit or two without losing it's ability to fly. THIS IS NOT A STARTER FLYER

Chrii_the_Vieh

Oct 26, 2015
Working hovercrafts are a true challenge. Especially when built with the hovrplates from the game.
I started a hover/carrier to drop bombs from some time ago, but never got it finished, as fueltanks do not explode when hitting the groud.
It was made with four big turbine engine-units with downward thrust.
Just for inspiration (I have to polish this thing up).

CarrierV4
CarrierV4.png

If you build something that truely hovers and works in terrain as well, I will be impressed.