Need help testing weapon dps and damage per shot

Amtheminer

I wish i can do it on my own, but as a ps4 player i dont have such luxury of having the test map. therefore im unable to do it myself so im asking you to help with picking the best space efficent, most damaging, rapid firing weapon to use. As well as very usefull weapon stats. And the wiki doesnt really give all the information needed as it looks no where near finished and it doesnt give stats to all weapons.

General Douglas

Aerial Admiral
I wish i can do it on my own, but as a ps4 player i dont have such luxury of having the test map. therefore im unable to do it myself so im asking you to help with picking the best space efficent, most damaging, rapid firing weapon to use. As well as very usefull weapon stats. And the wiki doesnt really give all the information needed as it looks no where near finished and it doesnt give stats to all weapons.
Hawkeye's Battleship Cannon and Cruise Missile are reliable heavy hitters that will neutralize any campaign target if used right, the Naval Gun is also good at this but its better as a support weapon due to the way it deals damage vs the aforementioned weapons. As for space efficiency and DPS the Hawkeye Chain Gun and Venture Double Cannon are phenomenal weapons, especially when used against shields. The Venture Rapid Cannon works similarly but dishes out explosive damage, and their Avalanche Launcher fires incredibly fast, has unmatched range for a missile, and seeks extremely well. For something smaller, Hawkeye's Seeker missile is the best weapon for its size and can be used in numbers, and for a cheap close-ranged attacker the reliability of GSO's 3-Pound Cannon can't be beat.

For DPS info I compiled a thread a little while ago that has some useful stats, Happy hunting!

Thread (look at the "Before", the values have since gone back to normal): https://forum.terratechgame.com/index.php?threads/1-3-7-6-explosive-damage-changes.20733/

Saelem Black

Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy
I'm a wiki editor - all the data listed on the wiki for damage can be found in HeX's block data file. Simply do a little formatting with excel or google docs and you have all the info you need, specifically damage per shot and rate of fire. Back in version 1.0 days, I also did full dps testing of every weapon in the game (at the time). That data can easily be found simply by searching "weapon damage" in the forums (or searching my posts).

From a raw dps standpoint, the new HE Type 45 naval cannon, the venture rapid cannon, and the two autocannons have some of the best dps. Any plasma cutter (HE, RR, BF, and GeoCorp all have them) are also extremely powerful if you can hit with them.

It's very important, however, that there is much more to usability than just dps. The hawkeye machine gun (grade one, 1x1x1) has very good dps-per-volume. In fact, for it's space, it was the most powerful weapon in the game back when I tested it. However the projectiles arc so severely that they aren't used all that much. Conversely, the hawkeye cruise missile has appalling dps because of it's low rate of fire. But its large damage per shot and homing capability make it (debatably) the most powerful weapon.

Last edited: