My Vehicle And Base Techs

Bazzietuk

Well I think this is my final base, small footprint, able to filter tech, unrefined, refined materials. All Factories can make Seed AI without failing. All fabricators can build Payload terminals with no input (even if all of them are crafting one at the same time). They can also produce cruise missles with no input. All unused materials go to their silo's again and the components to a seperate silo to be reused. The scrappers all work and filter as well. It's protected by repair and shield bubbles and powerered by Geocorp batteries and solar panels.

The only downside though is when the conveyors are set to turbo mode 1 in 3 materials go to the launcher to sell, think this is a bug in the game but at normal speed they go into the correct silo's until they're full then they're filtered to be sold. Only noticed this on this build, never noticed it on other fab plants I've made.

The Cab and Pacemaker to control the conveyor speed is on the end of the Geocorp Fabricator on the end.

Anyway as always enjoy and comment if you want to or need to.

Bazzietuk

I know I said no more factories but ended up having a brainstorm for one so decided to build it. Enjoy, fully working exotics again on all factories, fabricators can do payload terminals etc. Storage for excess tech items and for all materials, including a separate intake to keep unrefined items without needing the annoying (and buggy) alternator setup. Will be refining it after getting some sleep as loads of resources block the Venture and Geocorp fabricators so I need to raise them higher or position them elsewhere in the build. I'll post it when I've figured that part out without needing to do a big redesign. The cab and pacemaker are near the top and this one doesn't seem to suffer the 1-3 block problem like the last did. The venture parts on top are mainly just for bling they don't serve much purpose but it looks nice :) LOL

Also tempted to replace any GSO conveyors/filters with Venture ones which may take a while with how much there is :) Let me know if it's wanted first though, other than looking better I'm not sure they give anything over the standard GSO ones.

Attachments

Bazzietuk

Okay finally managed to get my stacked factories working using shared plugins (1 set for 2 factories).

Thanks to ZeroGravitas for helping me understand the conveyor system and how it all works and for his tutorials explaining the crafting system better than the game does with it's tutorials in game.

All the corps manage to make payload terminals but there are a lot of repeat parts left over after building them. It's not an ideal solution to fabricating parts but it was only ever designed to attempt stacking factories into small areas and still haviing them work so it's just a proof of concept and ideas really not for practicaly purposes. I'm sure someone could use the ideas to build something better which your welcome to do just please reference (and tag me) in any builds using the idea. Enjoy and comments welcome as always.

My vert fab plant 4t.png

The image below takes away a set of factories to show how they stack with the components between the two allowing each factory access to all levels of components.

1572214642846.png

MrTwister

There is another downside to stacking in that it seems to create additional overheads in CPU burden of the Unity engine, disproportionately to the actual size of the tech.

It is not always obvious, but can become pretty heavy lagging when things are attacked and stacked chunks start to collide. Because of unity limitations physics can glitch out in many unpredictable ways, up to crashing the game.

Good effort on factories though.

Last edited:

Bazzietuk

Thanks, like I said before it was just an experiment. Seems no matter how you work things with factories and resources it causes slowdowns due to the amount of them being drawn in the engine. Nothings really ideal apart from compressing resources into blocks but then you have to break them down anyway to make items. A no win situation really either way unless you use the smaller pads and hold less resources in them instead.

Bazzietuk

Well I was trying to get a single wheel design working but it pulls to the side for some reason so it's uncontrolable so instead decided to try out some two wheel builds. Stupid idea but hey it whiles away some time and it's interesting to me to see what can be done. These are drivable, can attack enemies and have shield bubbles. Two use a GSO generator to convert blocks into fuel for the batteries and bubbles automatically from the collector pads. The other one uses a BF anchor and solar panel setup. They're all tested on the campaign biome and work fine apart from the mountain section as they struggle getting up the steeper slopes but on the grassland and desert they're fine. They all use between 16 and 20 blocks (hence the reference in their names). Comments welcome as always :)

Attachments

Bazzietuk

Tried a new experiment. The result. A 9 block highly maneuverable flyer. Not weapons to speak off or repair/shields etc but it can take off quickly, glide and turn really fast. Not sure if it's possible to make anything less than 9 blocks that can fly and land safely (unless you remove the radar and front spoiler on this build that is then it reduces it to 7 blocks). Give it a try and give some feedback or just say what you think of it :)

Attachments

Bazzietuk

This is a mobile base with factories, refineries, fabricators etc. It has a problem with the stacks for some reason and the materials for them not sitting in them correctly so if anyone wants to figure out why feel free to and post the fixed one here if they do figure it out :) If not enjoy the parts which work, it makes payload terminals for all corps and cruise missiles without any input, the best part it's mobile and can handle most terrains, it can also pick up materials when driving over them. Comments always welcome.

Attachments