My Top 5 small bugs (to fix) with the biggest impact!

ZeroGravitas

Breaker of Games
Website
www.youtube.com
I suspect most/all of these are low hanging fruit (compared with e.g AI/crafting issues - big cans of worms). Even though these are mostly visual, these are issues that crop up constantly in almost all situations, so they have a big negative impact on the appearance of the game, breaking immersion, etc. It would make me really happy to see any of these finally fixed. :D

◄1► The moon shadow - devs, please! I get hit with this in every video I make and find it really distracting. I know this really bothers a few of you devs too. It's like the mascot for TT bugginess... Reported here 2 years ago.

2019-06-06 Moon shaddow 1.jpg

◄2► The sharp, glitched draw distance cut-off - OK, so this is two separate bugs, really:

(a) Mainly, the total lack of distance haze for half/most players - visible all the time. About a year old report here.

(b) Night-time reduced draw distance is retained when loading any save when it's currently night time - this compounds the sharp horizon cut-off, making it look extra bad. Requiring a full restart of the game to clear (a repeated nuisance while filming, for me). Report over 2 years old. The draw distance will also suddenly jump under certain circumstances.

◄3► The animation state of crafting blocks getting stuck - again, these hit me every video, and with the GBC it meant continual game restarts. (Also, touching back on 2b, I think the light states aren't quite right, still, with relation to reloading/placing them during night...)

I.e. when reloading saves or simply leaving the area and returning while an SCU is deployed (the block model shows retracted and deployed simultaneously) or when a refinery (or whatever) is running, getting thick smoke stuck on. The latter can only be removed with a full game restart and has apparently been kicked up a notch recently, for all the reports. (So I'm guess this will be prioritised anyway.)
As the title states, SCU deployed/ undeployed state overlap.

◄4► "Battery Low", etc, overlay tool tip continues pointing to all batteries on a tech even after they are all full - Almost 2 year old report. There's no way to disable these pop-ups in general which seems silly given that they're pretty obnoxious, constantly getting in the way of taking clean screen shots and distracting from what's trying to be shown in videos.

2019-06-06 Battery low overlay.jpg

◄5► Guns instantly slew to new enemy target when one is destroyed, etc - yes, a non graphical issue! But this little bug (which isn't all that noticable most the time) breaks *all* steered multi-tech turrets when the steering gun, below, glitches around instantly, escaping it's groove. The Chinese TT community, in particular, are (or rather, were) very keen on their MT turrets and I think a fix here would please a lot of enthusiast players. Report from 1 year back.
It seems that the rotation value of turreted guns/canons will glitch when the enemy there are pointed at is destroyed, being instantly re-pointed at another tech, if one is within targeting range.
I used the Venture Rapid Canons, here - they are easy to observe. But I think this happens with all guns. Not all of the guns glitched, either.

Thanks for reading.:) What do other players think, did I miss any even more visible issues (that are probably fairly simple fixes)?

Website
duckduckgo.com
This: https://forum.terratechgame.com/ind...e-trail-effects-not-playing.13208/#post-84853

As far as I know, smoke trails have still not been fixed and it's been nearly two years since I posted it. The solution to the bug can be found in the thread. Although it's a very minor visual issue, seeing smoke behave in that way looks very strange and breaks immersion.
I have not used the mobile base blocks in a long while, so I will check them very soon and will amend this post with the results of the test.

EDIT: I am back from testing!

It seems that mobile refineries and the turkey block both have working smoke trails, but both GSO and HE mobile furnaces and the birthday cake do not have them.

Last edited:

Matt

PAYLOAD STUDIOS
Allow me to shed some light these:

◄1► The moon shadow
This has already been worked on and should be fixed in an upcoming update

◄2► The sharp, glitched draw distance cut-off
While this might seem like a simple fix it really isn't. There are a lot of issues feeding into it. When Unity sort out their HD render pipeline and if we switch over to that I think that will be the time to sort that out.

◄3► The animation state of crafting blocks
This has been logged and will hopefully be investigated very soon.

◄4► "Battery Low", etc, overlay tool tip continues pointing to all batteries on a tech even after they are all full
This will be resolved with the upcoming Build Beam update.

◄5► Guns instantly slew to new enemy target when one is destroyed, etc
This isn't particularly high on our priority list at the moment.

Saelem Black

Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy
Allow me to shed some light these:

The problem here is the "instantly" bit. It's not necessarily to a new target either, it seems to be semi-random to me. It often leads to my sllllooooowww turning HG-1 cannon turrets to have to wait 10 seconds to get back on target. At very least buff turning speed a little to allow weapons to be a little bit more functional.

ZeroGravitas

Breaker of Games
Website
www.youtube.com
This has already been worked on and should be fixed in an upcoming update
This will be resolved with the upcoming Build Beam update.
Holy moley! Wow, that's doubly great news! :D Thanks for taking the time to run through each point, too.:)

◄2► The sharp, glitched draw distance cut-off
While this might seem like a simple fix it really isn't. There are a lot of issues feeding into it. When Unity sort out their HD render pipeline and if we switch over to that I think that will be the time to sort that out.
That's a shame. Darn Unity devs - pull your fingers out! ;) Is there any potential workaround for this issue (can someone give us any more technical insight)? It just seems so arbitrary as to who does/doesn't see this. Like, it's not down to settings, GPU brand or card series or OS version (or CPU?).

Right, which is exactly why I've been highlighting it. :) This seems like it might be a 10 minute fix of a little coding slip-up. If it is, that would be exactly like (finally) implementing an anchoring hot key - having a massively positive effect for the community for very little resources.

And as @Saelem Black says, it's not just a multi-tech issue - it's a perpetual annoyance with all slow turning weapons (e.g. most of the high end guns and launchers.) It seems to me like (my first guess is) the pointing direction of the guns might be coded as relative to the (nearest) enemy, so when that ceases to exist, they point to the same relative offset from the new nearest enemy...(?)

Anyway, it's great to hear you guys are making progress on these long standing issues, hard work and growing team size paying off and whatever.:)

Last edited: