My silo is in trouble.

Discussion in 'Community Help, Questions and Guides' started by PINHATT, Jun 16, 2018.

1. PINHATT

PINHATT Member

my silo gets full in the middle of the game, in my factory I have 11 silo lined up, each one stores a mine.
    However when I leave the game and enter all the resources are on the ground and the silos are empty.
    This is normal?

ZeroGravitas likes this.
  2. QuackDuck

QuackDuck Duck

It's a known bug and hopefully will be fixed soon. If I remember correctly, it's caused by being above a certain height, so maybe try moving your base a bit?

3. ZeroGravitas

ZeroGravitas Breaker of Games

There is a new Silo resource dropping bug in 0.8.1. It's probably that. See here: https://forum.terratechgame.com/ind...sources-wont-stay-on-silos.16187/#post-114017

It could be helpful if you could upload (to that thread) your save file that has a base doing this, for the devs (and us) to see if there's a discernable pattern. I've not been able to understand it as yet. :confused:

4. Khaine

Khaine Well-Known Member

I had similar (and worse) issues. Adding resource receivers next to the silos and connected to the main conveyor line has mitigated and/or removed the issues (still annoying though). At this rate I'm gonna end up placing the geocorp block makers at the end of the conveyor line.. anything that escapes the component factories will just get chunked.

ZeroGravitas likes this.
  5. PINHATT

PINHATT Member

I understood, it follows the requested one, my last autosave of the campaign, in it already I am underneath the factory.

I hope it can be useful.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1MKFqQhkwhYdNaH9US4frix0242X4voeZ/view?usp=sharing

ZeroGravitas likes this.
  6. PINHATT

PINHATT Member

my silo and a good part of the structure are already at ground level, only part of the plant rises to 10 blocks, in this part the collection of the refineries, refineries and separation.

7. Twigjack

Twigjack Member

I have found that simply reloading the save sometimes fixes this.

8. ZeroGravitas

But loading/reloading is what causes this problem... You mean you can get lucky if you keep trying?

#8 ZeroGravitas, Jun 24, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2018
  9. harpo99999

harpo99999 ah kick till it starts

I have had a similar issue happen (even at 0.0) and have used a 'dirty' workaround of having a conveyer line with geocorp receivers just under the silos, feeding back to the silo feed line, so when the silo drops the resource, upon reloading it will be re-collected and fed back to the silo

10. ZeroGravitas

Could you post a save of that happening there too? (If it's still a significant amount of resources dropping in 0.8.1.3.)

#10 ZeroGravitas, Jun 24, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2018
  11. Khaine

Khaine Well-Known Member

Yup yup, same problem/solution here on 0.8.1.

12. layer1

layer1 Well-Known Member

Your links aren't working for me (URL comes up with a %20 as the first character.) Maybe it's just me?

ZeroGravitas likes this.
  13. harpo99999

harpo99999 ah kick till it starts

it was in a fresh creative that was started in 0.8.1.3 and I built a mobile resource collect & battle tech and a base tech for rapid unloading of the battle tech, but the dropped resources were only about 20-30, and so far has not happened again,
    and in a different news vein. I have found another block that flashes damaged even while in a repair bubble
    the venture ai module is another of the no repairers like the gso anchour and gso two drill

Attached Files:

#13 harpo99999, Jun 24, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2018
    ZeroGravitas likes this.
  14. ZeroGravitas

Oh oops, thanks! Maybe I copied a web page archive URL by mistake (trying to reply to too many threads quickly :oops:)... Fixed.

layer1 likes this.
  15. Twigjack

Twigjack Member

Just so. Whenever I load in and things are everywhere, I immediately reload. Usually fixes it.

ZeroGravitas likes this.
  16. ZeroGravitas

Is anybody still getting Silos dropping in the new 0.8.2?