My Planes, Satellites, Tanks, Ships, and Giant Explosions

Kupcha

Jan 30, 2020
I've decided to make a thread to document and share some of my creations and experiences with the game, both un-modded and modded. I enjoy creating super heavy duty techs, seeing how much damage they can do, then building something new to one up them. I also like to experiment with the game's physics and push the boundaries of what the game can handle. I will do my best to outline the capabilities of my techs, as well as share as many as I can. All Techs posted in a .png can be copied for use.

I'm still working out the format for all this a bit, and I'm open to suggestions as well as if anyone would like to see ridiculous weapons builds and the results of their tests, or if you would like to share your own big blasts. Some things I plan to showcase, I consider too ridiculous to actually use for much more than novelty, but I might consider releasing them in some form if there is interest.

So I'll start with something basic. The first theme I'll cover is Ion Cannons.

My First Ion Cannon
IONCv3.png
History/Description:
When RR first came out, I had been building stuff in TT for about a year and playing without any mods. As soon as I saw the GiGa Plasma, I immediately thought of trying to create something that would work like the Ion Cannon from Command & Conquer. So, I got right to it and strapped a bunch of GiGas onto a Better Future hover base, slapped in some thrusters and a somewhat beefy power supply (reasonably for the time and size of the vehicle, Mega Reactors didn't exist yet).

It handles pretty much like a standard hovercraft. This is one of my earliest hover platforms. The height can be somewhat reasonably maintained with gentle adjustment of the vertical linear motion engines, and it can climb faster with boosters. Boosters also apply a forward motion to increase it's travel speed, so some manual correction will be needed. It can climb all the way into space, if you like, but sadly that is where the problem begins. The main purpose of this tech is to hover over a target, and melt it. The Giga Plasma as well as most of the lasers in the base game have relatively short ranges, so any hopes of frying stuff from space were dead in the water. Meh, at least it can be used against large hover ships. The relevant stats are as follows:

Weapons:
-28x RR Giga Plasma

Power:
-12x GeoCorp Batteries

Defense:
-Hull mostly comprised of a single layer of basic Better Future blocks. Full shield/repair coverage by BF bubbles.

Maneuverability:
Type- Hovercraft, 360 degree movement
Max Speed - ~89-98 (lower depending on vertical thrust)
Max Altitude- Unlimited

Cost:
5,108,694 BB

OPM.png
Now this... is a large, boring power charger that I made early on to help charge up some giant hover ships. There isn't anything really special about this, it just has a sturdy construction and some armored batteries (and a huge charge capacity). So what does this have to do with anything? The answer is fairly obvious! I use this a lot, as it provides a great target for seeing how weapons can penetrate a realistic amount of armor, and seeing how quickly they cause the battery core to rupture.

ict.jpg

Like the hot knife through butter. Also, we can see a poor tank trying and failing to run away. Unfortunately, in the end this is woefully under powered for my liking.

After having discovered the joy of modded blocks, a whole new world of destructive potential was opened! Unlimited Power! Thanks to Legionite's TAC pack and the EPMC cannon, I managed to recreate the Ion Cannon of C&C a bit more faithfully, sort of:Ion Cannon Ready.jpg

This one has enough fire power to bust a planet (it might just completely crash the game if things get too crazy) That is the same building as before. It fares slightly worse this time. This is the result of firing 1000 EPMCs at once. It lags like crazy, eats around as much energy as an entire tech made of GSO batteries would hold in a single shot, and it makes great fireworks. The price tag? LOL. I was going to make a full battle station out of it, complete with sliding doors to deploy the cannon and all, but its on hold right now because its just so impractical that it nearly freezes the game by existing.

I do plan to perhaps try making a bit more tame version soon.

2.jpg

Last edited:

Kupcha

Jan 30, 2020
ZX Series Tanks:

(Basic Chassis, no mods)

ZX Chassis.png

History/Description:
With the increasing demands of an evolving battlefield, it was becoming clear that the days of the standard tank were coming to a close. Thus, development began on a vehicle that could carry a wide variety of equipment and be adapted to nearly any situation. The ZX Tank took advantage of the invention of the GeoCorp Mega Reactor to give a massive power source to its shields and repair bubbles, covered by a layer of Hawkeye armor ontop of a lighter but sturdy Better Future Skeleton. It has excellent agility and turning speed for its class. This isn't simply a ground vehicle, however. The undercarriage features enough space for powerful flight enabling engines, allowing for VTOL takeoff, thus the capability to fight in any environment.

The stats of a given tank vary based upon its configuration, but the basic attributes are as follows:

Power:
-8x GeoCorp Mega Reactors

Defense:
-Hawkeye Armor over Better Future skeleton, HE and BF Bubbles.

Maneuverability:
Type- Ground/Air Hybrid
Max Speed (Ground) - ~64mph base/ 80mph w/ boosters
Max Speed (Air) - ~68mph / 90mph forward flight
Max Altitude- VTOL Capable, Unlimited

Cost:
3,022,809 BB

ZXC.jpg

(Heavy Assault Tank Variant)
zxe TBER.png
zxc2.jpg

This was the first step in the series of developments that lead to "Super Tanks". With the emergence of Hawkeye Black Labs, powerful new weapons and engines were becoming available, and it was time for the tank to undergo another evolution. Eager to employ the new shield piercing rail guns, it was time for an overhaul. Though this tank has many variants, this is the current version:

(ZX Dominator)
ZX Black.png
MOD REQUIREMENTS:
Control Blocks
Black Labs Pack
TAC Pack

LK Pack

This late stage evolution wields devastating artillery capabilities. With 8x 120Mj Rail Cannons, it required self charging capability. Therefore, the common tactic is to find a good place to anchor and take advantage of the massive range of it's cannons, backed by TAC SatCom radar. Black Labs missile pods compliment it's ranged assault capabilities as well as providing defense against aircraft and other techs that get too close. The main cannon can be rotated by pressing 1 (left) 2( right), and F1 will raise it, and F2 will lower it. The missile pods can be adjusted up/down with 3/4.

Additionally an LK Iron Rind Shield and a hull redesign using Black Labs chassis gives it enhanced defenses. Upgrading to TAC heavy tank treads greatly enhanced basic ground speed, though their insane grip means basic boosters provide little benefit to it's grounded speed. Like any other tank in this family, it is capable of flight. A TAC Fuel Compressor also allows for increased mobility.

Main Weapons:
-8x 120Mj Naglfaar Black Labs Rail Cannons
-4x Blutgang ETC Howitzers
-32x (16 per pod) Fenrir VLS Missile Canisters

Secondary Weapons:
-
1x Black Labs 86Mj Rail Cannon
-8x Hawkeye Auto Cannons
-6x Hawkeye Cruise Missiles

Power:
-8x GeoCorp Mega Reactors
-Capable of Self Charging with solar panels while anchored

Defense:
-Base Chassis enhanced by Black Labs blocks, Iron Rind Shielding

Maneuverability:
Type- Ground/Air Hybrid
Max Speed (Ground) - ~90mph base/ 92mph w/ boosters
Max Speed (Air) - ~55mph / 76mph forward flight
Max Altitude- VTOL Capable, Unlimited

Cost:
7,088,547 BB

Last edited:

Kupcha

Jan 30, 2020
ZBT1.jpgzxt2.jpgZXT3.jpgZXT4.jpgzx5.jpg

The ZX series tank has earned its place as a powerful, versatile vehicle, and has remained in service longer than most of my designs. Although there is certainly more potential to squeeze out of it's build, with rapid advances in technology, bigger things were already on the way...

Kupcha

Jan 30, 2020
Blaze-Runner Cruiser Class Orbital Bomber

BlazeRunner2.png
MOD REQUIREMENTS:
Control Blocks
Black Labs Packs
TAC Packs
Flagship Industries Packs

Soz's Packs
Retrogue's Skins, if you like the paint job.

History/Description:

This design is the result of the desire for a high spec bomber, capable of outmaneuvering capital ships while landing devastating blows, as well as subduing ground targets from far beyond their reach, while having the ability to still leave some structures standing if desired. Originally designed to be a high speed cruiser developed to utilize Black Lab's newest (at the time) engines, the subsequent release of the Black Lab's Valflame Plasma Cluster Bombs made the direction of this ship clear.

It has a massive payload of plasma bombs, 40 bays built into it's underside. It's speed and it's main weapon are what gave rise to it's official name. A set of TAC Hyperspeed and Pursuit Convergence missile bays on the front wings can be used for additional firepower, though their main purpose is to give it defense against smaller and faster aircraft and space fighters.

Equipped with advanced technologies from across the galaxy, and still sporting enough hull room and engine power to be fitted with additional armaments, this cruiser will be serviceable well into the foreseeable future. 4 Isotropic Plasma reactors generate power to 20 Hawkeye Carbon Mega Capacitors, supporting the powerful FSI Implosion Shield, making it impervious to conventional weaponry:

brb1.jpg

Zero damage is taken from a barrage of 108 HE Cruise Missiles, even with the batteries at a minimal charge. TAC Grudge Stereopticon shields provide extra protection to the front cabs, though the ship's main cab is concealed within layers of armor. Speaking of armor, it sports a double layer of TAC Slab Armor Blocks covered with Hawkeye Armor plates, and the Carbon Mega Capacitor batteries are extremely durable, making a serious breach of the reactor sectors far less likely.

brb2.jpg
Even throwing a few tactical nukes at it won't guarantee significant damage (That piece on the ground was already there, 0 damage from 3 ICBMs.) Implosion shielding backed by sufficient power sources is rated to withstand repeated barrages of well over 100 HE Mk.3 Turrets, meaning that powerful rail guns, EPMCs, and massively powerful explosives like Anti Matter Bombs are the only serious threats. It should be noted that the one weakness of Implosion Shielding other than the large amount of space it takes to install, is that if an enemy can manage to get inside the shield zone, they will be able to inflict damage. Fortunately, the speed of the craft makes this tricky.brb33.jpg

Backed by one of the most powerful radar and targeting systems available, it can indeed deliver plasma bombs with deadly accuracy while moving at impressive speeds for a craft of it's mass. However, It is still classified as a spacecraft and an orbital bomber. Using a Black Labs Muninn Antimatter engine to maintain delicate control over altitude, the real threat of this bomber is that it can hover well beyond a target's reach and release bombs with impunity.

Finally, if orders are given for total destruction, two ICBMs can be deployed from a hatch on the underside. They will not launch unless the doors are opened. This is done by pressing 1(Open) 2(Close). A pilot may want to make sure the bay is fully opened before launching :D. Also, a view port can be accessed by pressing R, as usual.
brb4.jpg

Last edited:

Kupcha

Jan 30, 2020
"The Jolly Roger" Experimental Anti-matter Space-Plane

Jolly Roger Alpha.png

MOD REQUIREMENTS:
Weapon Control Group mod from TTMM
Black Labs Packs
TAC Packs
Flagship Industries Packs
Soz's Packs
Retrogue's Skins, if you like the paint job.

(A lot goes into this one, let me know if I missed any or you need help finding something :D)

Weapons:
-4x FSI Anti-Matter Missile Systems, Individually controlled by HE Weapons Group control (1, 2 , 3 , 4 Fires missiles individually, left to right.)

Power:

-2x Isotropic Plasma Reactors
-2x HE Carbon Mega Capacitors
-4x TAC Waffle Batteries

Defense:
-Hull largely comprised of light FSI Better Future blocks. Central core and cab armored by heavy TAC Hashpoint Blocks. Engines and sensitive areas covered with HE Armor.
-Covered by BF-FSI Implosion Shielding.

Maneuverability:
Type- Airplane, Hovercraft
Engines- 8X BF-FSI Dark Drives, 4x Black Labs Jotnar FR3 Frigate Engines, 38x Jotnar FR22 Cruiser Engines, 4x TAC Vector Engines, 2x TAC Turbulence Jets
Thrusters- 4x TAC Bell Thrusters

Max Speed - >200mph, Optimal flight stability seems to be around 170mph. Due to the nature of Dark Matter engines, momentum will gradually increase the longer that acceleration occurs. It is a hover plane and can be moved across the ground like a hovercraft and piloted with hover controls.

Max Altitude- Space Flight

Cost: o_O
740,989,959 BB

A vehicle designed to deliver annihilation without question. The sight of this aircraft on the horizon can only mean that pure destruction is underway. Dreaded by friend and foe alike, and for good reason. This is one of the heaviest and most expensive airplanes ever created. Utilizing advanced (and very expensive) Flaggship Industry technologies, this massive plane is powered largely by dark matter engines, and carries four anti-matter cruise missiles. An anti-matter explosion is one of the most destructive forces in the universe, and perhaps it is for the best that the extraordinary cost and danger of even smaller scale weapons keeps them from being used frequently.

d.jpg

The destructive power of a large anti-matter blast, the first shot is to give perspective as to the scale of this explosion:
New Bitmap Image (7).jpg

The target walls constructed of nine layers of Hawkeye blocks are turned to dust. The cloud of particles surrounding the blast are the remains of the two closest walls being vaporized and sent into the atmosphere. This explosion does not discriminate between friend or foe, and accidents while deploying the missiles can result in a literal billion BB disaster. As such, only the most senior of pilots are allowed to operate this plane, and even then only after many simulations.

ida.jpg

Even extremely powerful shielding will have difficulty preventing major damage from anti-matter blasts. On the other hand, this expensive plane is guarded by the powerful FSI Implosion Shield, though its weight limitations mean that it doesn't have quite the power capacity of heavier spacecraft, and it's maneuverability should be used to avoid taking extreme hits when possible.

-IMPORTANT INFORMATION AND TIPS FOR PILOTS-

As stated, each missile can be fired individually, left to right, with keys 1, 2 , 3 ,4

It is very important that you maintain a steady and straight flight when firing a missile until it has fully launched, increasingly so if you are moving at higher speeds. The missiles are heavy and quite slow to leave their silos, meaning that sudden movements and extreme maneuvers can cause the launch to go poorly, often resulting in a huge explosion right in your face.

In aircraft mode you should always propel yourself with the acceleration key (Up Arrow by default) for best maneuverability. Due to the way Dark Drives work, one method is to build up a sufficient thrust and then glide on the momentum while launching missiles. Alternatively, you can operate low to the ground in hover mode to ensure a better and more stable target lock. Careless use of anti-matter missiles will cost you dearly, and blowing up an insane amount of stuff at once might crash the game. Good luck!

jr3.jpg

Last edited:

Kupcha

Jan 30, 2020
An updated version of the TAC High Speed Nuclear Bomber I originally posted in Legionite's thread:
UPDATED November 11 2020
The latest update to TAC pack changed how the fuel compressors work a bit, so I made some changes to bring it back to intended fuel capacity.
TAC NuclearBomber X3.png

The updates are as follows:
-Now has a greatly improved energy capacity
-The missiles are on weapons groups which can be customized at the weapon control blocks found in front of the tail. By default, from left to right the missiles will fire in salvos of two, using keys 1,2,3,4 Of course, you can still just fire them all with space.
44.jpg
As such, the mod requirements have been updated:
-Weapons Group Mod from TTMM
-Buff Blocks mod from TTMM

-Raf's Blocks
-TAC Packs
-Hawkeye Black Labs Packs

-Lemon Kingdom Iron Rind Shield (just get all the packs!)

A few things to note:

1. It still reaches 300mph+ and handles best near max speed (acceleration+thrusters fully active).
2. It has a fairly large fuel supply but it is not unlimited. However, the the display guage can be a bit buggy for some reason and you may have more fuel than it seems.
3. Due to the high speed of the plane relative to the firing velocity of the missiles, you should make sure to stay fairly straight while firing. It is entirely possible to run into your own missiles, though this doesn't seem too common, and I've managed to do individual group launches during some extreme maneuvers :D
4. You may also want to slow your approach velocity before actually firing. If you are moving faster than you can load objects in your field of view, things become tricky.
5. Pressing X will eject the cab and anything remaining of the plane will be disassembled (Can't let it fall into enemy hands!).

Not really going to go over the lore and stats of this again as it hasn't changed from the original post in the TAC thread. Its a jet. Its really fast. It has the highest speed to firepower ratio I've ever managed to make a plane with so far. Stuff explodes. I might write a bit more story for it eventually.

Been working on a lot of new stuff, hoping to get some more new techs out soon. Have fun :D
sb3.jpgSB6.jpgSB8.jpg

Last edited: