My Hawkeye Turrets

john10112

https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197996835020/myworkshopfiles/

I have made 13 workshop items for TerraTech and i wanted to share them with you. These range from simple bases, vehicles and Turrets. I wasn't getting very much of any downloads, so i came here for a showcase.

I specialize in making high end techs that are built to last. They can cost 500,000 - a couple million and are for mid to late game.

(Gray text is a link)

Sorry for the big pictures. The forums won't allow me to do custom sizes and i can either do full page or thumbnail.

So first, let me start off with my best of the best Turret, the AI missile Defense system

2018-09-27 (1).png

I often notice how people will overload turrets with guns with little shielding, post it onto the workshop and get a ton of downloads because it "looks cool".

This is not what i went for. I made something that would be built to last. The problem with those overloaded Turrents everyone loves to download is that they are useless. The guns fall off easily and constantly need replacing. Most of the guns on the Turrets are smaller so they can fit more of them. In reality, this is bad since none of those guns can even penetrate enemy shields. All it would take it 1 - 3 missiles to destroy the entire thing.

My Turret has a incredible amount of Armour from the the toughest brand, Hawkeye. Inside is a large battery storage for surviving extreme periods of times before needing a recharge. My tech cab is placed in the middle, so a barrage of rockets would hit straight into the center where most of the Armour and shields are located. This is so my weapons are not compromised and can continue shooting. Shields are also placed evenly to keep the build protected.

This thing includes:

10 Hawkeye Cruise Missile's,​
10 Battleship Cannon's,​
8 Seeker Missile Pod's,​
4 HG1 Cannons Turret's,​
2 Monster Mortars,​
As you can see, it was built to take down. It was not built to talk but rather to walk.

However, It was not built to self charge so you will need a self charging Turrent:

2019-02-20 (12).png

This is my Large Hawkeye Power Brick Turret

Cost: 2 million BB

4 Hawkeye Cruise Missile's,​
2 HG1 Cannons Turret's,​
4 Auto Cannons.​

As the title states, It includes a massive power supply inside that will charge surrounding techs. It does have guns to defend itself against enemies but it is recommended to guard with other Turrets.

2019-02-20 (16).png

This is my Large Hawkeye Tileable Defense Turret/ Blockade with 4 units

Cost: 1.2 million BB per unit

Its a tillable tech that can be used to form blockades. Each one has chargers wireless chargers to pass the current between the texts. Basically, all you need is one charging brick at one end to power the entire wall. Its designed to keep techs out and provide a distraction. Despite being small, each unit has:

2 Rotatable HG1 Cannons​
4 Battleship Cannons​
2 Hawkeye Cruise Missiles​
6 Seeker Missile Pods (12 Rockets)​

This is just my small version. I have a even bigger unit located here: Mega Hawkeye Tileable Defense Turret Wall/ Blockade.

Each of these units cost 3.1 million and built not with a ton of guns, but is a solid 10 blocks thick of Hawkeye Armour and a couple batteries and has:

14 Battleship Cannons​
4 HG1 Rotatable Cannons​
24 Rail guns​
6 Cruise Missiles​
16 Missile Seeker Pods (32 Rockets)​
2 Monster Mortars​

john10112

This isn't the end of my techs. I also have some other cool ones too:

Large Better Future & Hawkeye High Altitude Charging Brick: As the title says, its a hovering power brick and one of my most compact and complicated builds. It costs 729,000 BB

Mega Hovercraft Hawkeye Charging Platform: This is a hover pad that sits on the ground the techs can fly over and land on to get recharged. You can also simply drive up next to it. Its by far my biggest power brick and costs 2.8 million BB.

Large Drive-In Refinement, Charging, Scrapping, Turret & Delivery Base: A GeoCorp base that you can drive in and your ores will be auto processed and sold whilst you are being recharged. It costs 2.1 million BB.

Large Hawkeye Scout Tank: A small tank for scouting, costs 776,000 BB

Large Two Story Crafting, Charging & Storage Base: A big base for crafting, storing, refining, and selling. Cost 2.089 million BB.

Hawkeye Big Bertha 720 MM Turret: Me making a Turret from the 720 MM Cannons. Cost: 1.2 million.

Saelem Black

Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy
These look cool. I agree with you that often builders will stack on ridiculous numbers of weapons while forsaking good aesthetics, maneuverability and handling, and a deep energy reserve for shields. I really like the nice designs and symmetry of your techs. I'm going to give your scout tank a whirl.

A couple quick tips: Hawkeye battleship cannons do more dps than big berthas. They do the same damage per shot (3000), but the battleship cannons have a faster rate of fire. Also big berthas are 420mm? Anyway, nice work!

Falchoin

Definitely like the looks of these turrets. The fact they look like actual walled or parts of walled fortifications is awesome. If I may make a suggestion, you may want to look into using Venture repair bubbles in key areas for faster and more efficient healing.

john10112

A couple quick tips: Hawkeye battleship cannons do more dps than big berthas. They do the same damage per shot (3000), but the battleship cannons have a faster rate of fire. Also big berthas are 420mm? Anyway, nice work!
Yeah. I challenged myself to make a turret that would make use to the massive gun. Terraetch is glitchy, so i am not sure if you need to reverse the direction of the guns.

What are ideas for techs i can make?

Last edited:

john10112

Definitely like the looks of these turrets. The fact they look like actual walled or parts of walled fortifications is awesome. If I may make a suggestion, you may want to look into using Venture repair bubbles in key areas for faster and more efficient healing.
I will remember that for future turrets, thanks!

What are ideas for techs i can make?

Last edited: