My 1st base turret!

cupid_the_conqueror

Sep 20, 2014
hey look! I got the little guy to help out! now for my complaints...

these big tractor pads SUCK, Like , I thought getting bigger would be better cause I could gather more res! NOPE, doesn't even suck up the majority, ran over like 20+ crystal ore and it wouldn't pick it up cause it was 1 block higher then the ore! the most efficient gather I have made was just a small flat low to the ground pancake, which makes sense, but I feel both builds should be viable.

also, I get we are planning for a save/ load feature.. THANK GOD, it took me AN HOUR AND TWENTY MINUTES to make this guy (okay, lets call it an hour, with 20 minutes of dicking about, okay , 45 minutes, I wasted time getting the ai module). If there was no save feature , I would say this guy is SUPER over priced for his potential!

zytukin

Aug 13, 2014
Nice vehicles.

With larger vehicles, I have had great success with the large tractor pads by mounting them sideways against the side or back of the vehicle.

They will grab more as your driving by if they are on the side, but the stuff might get caught around your wheels.
I've tried a tall vehicle with the pads upside down underneath the vehicle, but that makes it hard to drive and drop off resources.
They seem to work best on the back, end up dragging all the resources behind you and some might fall off but it does collect a lot and they are easy to drop off. Reverse up to your base to unload and while your waiting your guns will be pointing forward for easier defending.

Jamie

PAYLOAD STUDIOS
Sep 16, 2014
London, UK
these big tractor pads SUCK, Like , I thought getting bigger would be better cause I could gather more res! NOPE, doesn't even suck up the majority, ran over like 20+ crystal ore and it wouldn't pick it up cause it was 1 block higher then the ore! the most efficient gather I have made was just a small flat low to the ground pancake, which makes sense, but I feel both builds should be viable.
You raise a very viable point there! Shall add this to the list of things for the team to look at :) Thanks for the feedback!