Multiplayer server dedicated PVP / PVE

pj02

Oct 19, 2019
Hello ! :)

I don’t know how to imagine the multiplayer, but I wanted to expose my ideas, I imagine it will be possible, like a minecraft server, to recover the server files, and to be able to configure our server as we like, number of players (10-50-100-300), number of spawn enemy, size of the map, deactivated inventory (for PVP) or not, deactivation of certain blocks, compatibility with plugins, management of different clans on the server, enable MOTD (Phrase describing the server, PVE or PVP among others), configuration of the difficulty of the server, activate enemies or not, ...

PVE: I imagine that in this mod, we can configure the activation of the inventory, allow all blocks of the game, industrial, fixed/mobile block, disable the PVP/attack between players.

PVP: Disabling certain blocks, disabling the inventory (perhaps replacing it with safes?) would make interesting the basic raids (like ARK), for the management of the clan, a block would allow to create its clan, and in the block area, he can recruit a person, and that person will have to enter the area to accept the invitation in the clan, then a window tighten available to leave the clan, the different ranks in the clan, permissions to destroy, pose, etc.

Strictly speaking, there will be no button or command to enable or disable the PVP, but this depends on the configuration of the server and the description of the server, that the player will be if it is on a PVE or PVP server.

Hoping it can give you ideas, thanks to you :)

Last edited:

Matt

PAYLOAD STUDIOS
Jul 23, 2018
We very briefly considered having dedicated servers at the very start of developing Multiplayer. However, the work that was required to implement that type of system would have taken a while and we wanted to get MP to you guys and gals as soon as possible so the hosted solution was the quickest and most simple way for us to implement it.

Reactions: pj02

pj02

Oct 19, 2019
thanks for answering, so a full version of the multiplayer is planned?

Thank you!

pj02

Oct 19, 2019
To resume the dedicated server part, I had imagined that the files would be available to all, and so no additional cost for you, developer, as some games do

Thank you!

Matt

PAYLOAD STUDIOS
Jul 23, 2018
thanks for answering, so a full version of the multiplayer is planned?

Thank you!
We're looking into it :)

To resume the dedicated server part, I had imagined that the files would be available to all, and so no additional cost for you, developer, as some games do

Thank you!
I'm not sure what you mean by this. What files are you referring to?

pj02

Oct 19, 2019
We're looking into it :)

I'm not sure what you mean by this. What files are you referring to?
If done, server files, many hope to get a large community gathered around the same server :)