Multiplayer compatible Range mod?

Arty17

Jun 19, 2020
Currently, the built in Range mod that increases range for your guns doesn't work in multiplayer. Is this an issue specific to multiplayer with any range altering mod? Or is it possible to have that mod reworked so its multiplayer compatible? Thanks a ton in advance for any help, been really wanting to do a scout-plane and siege tank duo with a Bertha cannon in multiplayer.

Quick side note, the weapon aim mod, that adds lead to guns does work, so mods are working for multiplayer, just not this one.

Vertu

Jun 10, 2020
"Weapon Aim Mod" and "Enemy Target Lead Patch" are the only target lead mods around I believe. If I were to guess why, the mod works off the host-client but before all of that.... did ALL players in the server have the mod installed and enabled? These are unofficial mods, you have to be careful with having all players within the server having the same active mods.

Arty17

Jun 19, 2020
So I was saying that the weapon lead mods DO work, and yes, the one other player in session had the exact same mods as me, which was just the Weapon Aim Mod, and the Increase Range mod, in which the Target lead was working from "Weapon Aim Mod," but range wasnt. The other player in question also had the same version of mod manager, and all patches were up to date.

Vertu

Jun 10, 2020
Well in that case, increased range might work off the host-client system a bit more than the others as the target lead mods apply to non-player controlled techs, including enemies where as the range mod only applies to the player and therefor is most likely to rely on host-client systems and has trouble working on server clients.

Arty17

Jun 19, 2020
Makes sense... Also, I've noticed that the Weapon Aim Mod tends to make weapons overlead a bit, is it planned to be fixed or is there a separate patch I need to download?

Vertu

Jun 10, 2020
Target prediction is sensitive, any slight movement will most likely cause misses as it's just how it is. This is mostly noticeable when using and/or fighting fast moving techs and are actually moving fast mid-combat.
There exists no separate patch.

Last edited: