multiplayer campaign concept / difficulty options with new block group type concept at the end

Do you like some of the options or game play mechanics discussed above?

• yes but only 50 to 75%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • yes but under 50%

• no

• Total voters

SkyStorme

Hi I am new to the forum community but have been following this game since the beginning about a year ago i went ahead and purchased it and i absolutely love the game and its concepts so far this thread in my opinion is just going to cover some options for multiplayer and difficulty suggestions on this thread with a couple faction features and object ideas. Thanks and here we go...

Last edited:

SkyStorme

so for difficulty purposes for people who want more of a challenge i think there should be a slight adjustment to day night duration and potentially have a A.I. out of control event that occurs at night time causing you to spawn your base or turrets to defend yourself from a hefty Block Bucks cost to die to these A.I. waves possible for single and multiplayer in a campaign setting which would be a lot of fun it would cause a urgency to get currency blocks and resources for the purpose of building bigger and better techs whether you as a builder want to go base and turrets or a large jack of all tech that keeps on the move and blasts the A.I. waves as they come in
I really do think giving a sort of difficulty option like this could really give coop campaign more purpose for those who love terratech and also love a challenge thankfully all of these things can easily be converted over from current game mechanics and challenges.

while on the subject of multiplayer i think the foreman ( game host) should have some options in what i will call the foreman's menu which will determine how the coop people who join to be payed in block bucks for their assistance (in theory you could go as far as letting them set up little quests based on whats available in the game and determine a payment in blocks or bucks for the completion like gathering so many resources of different types clearing an area of so many mobs or just building a working scrapper/ sale station) you could have these be basic settings that can be customized by the foreman in their free time for resources values and what not from the hosts perspective with a minimum setting based on fairness values of the community.

SkyStorme

jump in jump out game play style allowing for automatic block buck value of coop techs that can be called in join the session or play together based on hosts campaign progress block buck value and current value of tech and techs placed. to allow the elimination of trying to build multiple techs for multiple players off of a joint set of blocks you could combine it by having the person jump in and help another and getting paid in block bucks or blocks based on earlier suggestions. the host could protect his progress by setting up numbered lists of how many of this block type example rockets would the host want to have in the inventory before start splitting all rockets found by 25 50 75 or 100 percent of rockets found (automatically split between all participants)

with this method of multiplayer jump in drop out with settings hosts can set up before hand then you could make an open joining system based on a person saying throwing up a flare to make his game available to other players and could also using the same statistics allow for invaders to jump into your world of actual people trying to get money or blocks from whoever they are invading determined by their selection at the beginning or maybe a combination community deems fair and if they are successful in taking out the tech they are in they now switch to trying to stay out of combat long enough to make it back through a black hole or other wise giving the host a chance to go back and attack them and gain their items and money back and potentially get some money and blocks from them instead hosts should be able to turn this feature on and off out of game depending on how they feel like playing and it could give a new quest to helpers who jump in to keep the host alive .

SkyStorme

as for the concept group design of the animal type robots and mechs group i love this idea i think it is awesome it brings me reminiscent ideas of zoids and gundam wing and i think that is awesome if we want to go down that route different cockpit types that look like different animal heads ideas like falcon wolf tiger raptor pteranadon ect. leg types and gyros that work together in those kinds of set ups with different sizes of legs depends on the size of the tech and of course cockpits that also scale to match i think the animals area really doable i don't have to many gundam ideas yet outside of maybe having transformation options ie just add block types in that allow the combination of 2 techs like a magnetic merge block only attaches to its a or b type counterpart at the push of a button could also make something like this for some hinge use and potentially some blocks that have 2 formats based on a button push for example an arm that extends straight or goes 90 degrees or customization degrees based on settings the player can put in to get the desires look or functionality it just needs to be able to detect max extension not pushing through other attached blocks either way

if you have gotten this far thank you so much for taking the time to read some of my thoughts on ways this game could improve and be even better then it already is and thank you for putting up with my metal vomit of trying to get all of these focused ideas onto the screen before i forgot anything have a great day on to terratech!

SkyStorme

Hi me again was watching Lathland play some terratech and it occurs to me i forgot 2 of the potential update / changes that i had considered in the past.

a new block probably for better future what about a satellite cab. its main feature is to allow a top down or slight angled vision of the battlefield only showing vision of what range your techs have available and would allow someone to play almost in an rts style way build different techs for different purposes get the resources and spawn them in where needed which brings me to my next possible option as well

control groups that can be used for weapons or techs hit 1 and select all anti grav guns hit 2 select all machine guns ect but you would select it and put it how it works for you and your tech.

likewise i think it would be awesome to get ai techs back into control group and such and i have a really simple method for it for the idea set above create formations that the techs move while maintaining a preset distance from other techs allowing for satellite control of multiple techs i think that would be awesome

example formation where X are the techs

X..............X...............X.................X

like wise if you just tell an ai module to remember the path that you drive it on you have less to worry about auto pathing and can let the players determine where they want it driving this same format can also be used for patrol techs show them where to drive when it completes the circuit or if u want them to just go back the way it came hit a button to save path and another to start on that path two methods i can think of that could benefit here would be setting up paths with your tech and then having like 3 to 5 paths saved total and then just select path for certain techs to go begin at the start of or option two to do the same but with the ai tech itself.