[Multi-Tech] R&D Bipedal Walker

How well do you think this walks?

• Total voters

Bgrmystr2

Oct 29, 2015
Gensokyo
en.touhouwiki.net
How about this?
Holy HELL, Sir. This is absolutely brilliant.

I didn't know axles actually had functioning rotation now. Last time I tried, they couldn't stay together to save their life. Even with multiples of them. That being said, Is that the hover bug making the legs rotate consistently forward without the user being able to move backwards? Because while cool, it is definitely limited in it's functionality. I've never been able to experiment with the hoverbug and don't recall ever getting it to work at all despite downloading working techs and completely replicating them block for block.

If axles and such are working more the way they should, I should give my ideas another go. I've been waiting for patch notes with something about them, but nothing popped up.

Reactions: Legionite

Legionite

taking a break from TAC Pack
May 20, 2017
[TAC HQ R&D]
forum.terratechgame.com
The next level:
Turrets on walkers!

The new almighty Robo-Rex/TT-Rex, king of all Robosaurs!
Warning: Will crash very low end computers. Don't tell me I didn't warn you!
The head automatically seeks out and destroys enemies by it.

Uses a combination/hybrid of @Zargn Turret and an HG Hawkeye Cannon Turret to allow for the head to be mounted nicely.

W to move forwards, D for right, A for left, and S to slow down. Hold Space to slowly switch the movement lock between positions.

Can build beam without many problems, and it fixes any problems related to the walking parts!
(Note that there are holes everywhere. This is because the Robo-Rex is still under work)

Attachments

JimmyBlether

Regrettably Inactive (long term)
Jul 31, 2017
Somewhere off the map
tinyurl.com
The next level:
Turrets on walkers!

Uses a combination/hybrid of @Zargn Turret and an HG Hawkeye Cannon Turret to allow for the head to be mounted nicely.

W to move forwards, D for right, A for left, and S to slow down. Hold Space to slowly switch the movement lock between positions.

Can build beam without many problems, and it fixes any problems related to the walking parts!
(Note that there are holes everywhere. This is because the Robo-Rex is still under work)
OH MY GOD THAT IS LEGENDARY!

Legionite

taking a break from TAC Pack
May 20, 2017
[TAC HQ R&D]
forum.terratechgame.com
Oh yeah, on another note -to make these walkers actually work- I had to "use" some new bugs I found because the current in-game gyros are really weak for huge multi-Techs like this.

Maybe a better gyro could come into the game someday?
Would really help with the possible existence of non-bug-using multi-Tech walkers.

Reactions: Masakari

Lord Zarnox

Founder of the IFTTES
May 31, 2017
Australia
Heavy duty gyros? How are they made?
I suggested a dual heavy duty gyro and hover block for Hawkeye in the Ridiculously Radical Block Re-skin Competition (or whatever it was called). It would work quite well here, if it had a variable hover height. Even without variable hover height, it would more or less work well here anyway.

Masakari

Nov 2, 2016
I have no clue how these things even work, like how are you supposed to move in the direction that you wanna go in when the AI controls most of the thing?
More or less just guiding it where to move. No AI on these (at least on the parts that are moving) as they would try to auto right/Build Beam themselves breaking the MT. It's using the hover bug to push a crankshaft like tech that moves the legs.

YaYYeeT

Internet Intellectual
Apr 27, 2020
<redacted>
The next level:
Turrets on walkers!

I love that it's so derpy!