Multi Tech Anchor bug

Galvinon

Hello everyone, I have noticed a change with how techs anchor now and it has unfortunately broke a whole series of multi tech designs.
The way it used to work was I would anchor a Deliver arm tech(s) that would drop resources to a base and also act as a container of sorts for the Scrapper tech I have a couple arm techs one that points straight ahead and another that points left, once the Delivery arm tech would be anchored I would then drive the scrapper tech against the arm and while holding forward anchor the tech and that would create a seal with the 2 techs so when the scrapper transfers items over to the deliver arm it is contained and nothing is flung anywhere, I have a R&D save file from a while back that is a perfect example of this I used to be able to un-anchor the GC_Scrapper_Roof and then turn it around and line it up with the deliver arm behind it butt up against it and anchor it but now it no longer works and you need to have a small gap from the Scrapper tech and the Arm tech and then the resources is no longer contained here is a short clip of the larger scrapper butting up with a dropper
I hope this is just a bug and can be fixed as I have heard from other players that something did change with anchors and it broke there designs too @Matt I love Terratech and would like to continue this modular tech idea and have been trying to find new ways to make this work and have noticed that techs that have Armor plates need a larger gap where a plain block can get alot closer

Attachments

Matt

PAYLOAD STUDIOS
Thanks Galvinon,

I've sent this to Ade who will be able to take a closer look into this.

Galvinon

Thanks Galvinon,

I've sent this to Ade who will be able to take a closer look into this.
Thank you :) I hope that this can be fixed thank you for taking the time to look into it

Kevin Vanderhoef

Eldritch Horror, and Ship's Cat.
It makes sense that the Armor panels would take up more space than you would think, the minimum size of a block in any direction is 1 block.

so, you could essentially lock a turret in to position while still seeming to have "clearance." because while those panels may look like they take up less than half a block, The Collision matrix of the panel still takes up a full block.

Galvinon

I hope that It can be figured out as it used to work great I have tried to remove the armor plates with the tech just to see but it is still not letting me anchor the techs like in the past here is another clip of me tying to anchor the techs
but as you can see it no longer lets me anchor, I hope that is just a bug that can be fixed, I miss being able to use my Modular fleet of techs out on the field and also now worry that all techs on my campaign savefile need to stay anchored if I want to keep them working as if I even accidentally un-anchor even one tech I can not reassemble that fleet properly anymore, and that really bums me out as my current campaign save is at 453 hours and going and I dont want to abandon the modular tech concept if this is just an anchor bug