• Yes, very dearly.

Votes: 4 44.4%
  • No, i don't even know who you are.

Votes: 5 55.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
May 13, 2017
Mars
I'm going to post some of my worst best techs in this thread, that's it... i mean... everybody has their own personal tech thread right? Let's start with some techs i did before i took a break back when i made that poll with the endgame reference. (removed quitting speech in edit because eyesore)

MSK Timely Crafter
This tech will be useful to anybody who loves mobile bases, it can craft every block in the game efficiently, has 320 resource chunks of storage, and is very compact (for it's functionality)
You can switch out the weapons and wheels if you so desire. Black magic is used to move resources into the last two fabricators.
It's medium-high speed, compact size and decent battery power make it ideal for use in crafting, combat, and mission-doing.

APV.png

MSK PDQ Crafter Base
This base comes equipped with all you need to craft any block quickly, and its scrappers offer high capacity storage without the hellish lag of many silos.
Its compact size and rigid construction make it ideal for using near end game, though you will have to change fabricators to craft better future blocks (sorry i forgot about you, BF)

Base.png

MSK Black Rhino
This tank bears an automatic rotating turret with 360° of movement, is very tough and doesn't lack speed, what more could you ask for?
Setting up the turret is tricky, you have to do it with no enemies nearby, be on flat terrain, press X, wait until the turret stops moving, and move back for about 1 second, or use build mode on the deattached turret until it falls into place.
Once you set up the turret, great job!, it can bug out though, or simply fall off if you get flipped over, and will enter build mode if you're not level to the ground. So yeah, it's more fun than practical.

Tank.png

MSK BOLT
This high velocity airplane is the best of the best when it comes to speed and tight turns, though it sucks at everything else.
Built for speed, this plane has very sensitive controls, and no weaponry, or wheels for that matter, or shields, you get it, it's only for travelling quickly on air.
Easily reaches 200+ mph, and is cheap and compact in comparison of other planes of its pace, though it's not elegant.

BOLT.png

Those are 4 of my best techs! you can find the snapshots in my workshop (check out my other horrible techs!), or the attached zip file.

by the way MSK are my initials.

Attachments

Last edited:
May 13, 2017
Mars
MSK EXP LRHEL
After much development, i have done it!, i have made the most pointless tech in all of TerraTech! In all seriousness, this is one of the techs i must have put most of my time designing, figuring out how to piece together the blocks to achieve peak aerodynamic stability, etc, etc.

This tech can lob high explosive timed shells from a very long distance, using the power of over-engineering. It works by loading GSO Five Blocks with 4 explosive shells from the RR Sticky Bomb Launcher, then launching it with the Venture Sonic Lance, it boasts a 5 round magazine, which can be refilled on the go (granted, by hand) and is, as far as i'm aware, the first tech to use this method of combat.
To operate this monster you must first press X to load in the ammo, and when a GSO block is properly chambered (Take the bottom-most one as an example) and then press spacebar to fire. If you wish to adjust the angle of the gun for whatever reason, you must first anchor it, then press E or Q to go up or down respectively.

It isn't very effective, and the mag tends to get jammed, but it's fun to play around in R&D Labs. Note that it will not work properly if the tech is targeting an enemy.

Captura de pantalla 2020-07-19 01.51.09.png
LRHEL firing, note the shells stuck trailing behind the block.

If you wish to play around with this thing, it will be uploaded to my workshop.

May 13, 2017
Mars
MSK Boarius
Did anybody say turret mounted death ray?... no? Well, i've made one, but not just any turret mounted death ray, an UPSIDE DOWN turret mounted death ray which can tilt up, down AND left and right. This is the multi-tech turret of my dreams, mounted on a potent battleship capable of dealing ~25,000DPS, 10,000 of which comes from the death ray alone.
With 2 Megareactor Batteries and a Geo Corp hull this thing is a tank, Geo Corp blocks greatly reduce cost, complexity, and block count. Death ray is capable of melting
4 Megareactors in less than 20 seconds when attacking Hawkeye shields. The turret is a bit frail though, so don't let it get hit!

It's extremely gratifying to watch your enemies get eradicated with a self aiming plasma turret, there's just something about it that you don't get with conventional weaponry. However, this being a multi-tech turret it has its bugs, though surprisingly enough, it's one of my most stable turrets considering it can tilt in all directions. The only thing i found broke it was when your weapons first target enemies behind you or from a side, this causes the turrets to turn strangely, breaking at least one joint in the process, and targeting 2 enemies on oposite sides, as well as ramming it into terrain, though that last one should be obvious.

Death Ray.png
Utter Annihilation in one picture. You kinda gotta feel sorry for the poor guy getting melted right?

Take it for a spin won't ya? Buy now and get free turret assembly instructions and troubleshooting guide! Only 1,400,000 Block Bucks!

May 13, 2017
Mars
MSK Monsoon MK II
If you ever wanted a late game mobile hover base that is powerful enough to bring about Armageddon then look no further, Monsoon MK II is what you've been looking for!
The 14 MegaReactor Batteries and Geo Corp Hull will shield you from just about anything, combined with the protective scoop loaders covering every weapon, you're pretty invincible, the enemies may not even hit you considering its ~55,000 DPS, mainly coming from its 28 BMBs.
Equipped with a double-speed crafting system, compact resource storage and 180 slot mixed silos, and full scrapping station, crafting blocks is extremely comfortable, fast, and lag free thanks to its scrapper based resource storage, courtesy of the man himself, ZeroGravitas! (i just got the idea from him, i'm not nearly cool enough to do a collaborative build with him).
"This massive aircraft must be pretty slow then right?" is what you might be thinking, but actually, it has a top speed of 79MPH, not extremely fast but not slow either thanks to its hoverbug based propulsion.
"Is there no drawbacks? surely it must be really expensive!" is what you might be thinking right now, but considering its scale, the 3.85mil price tag is nothing, if i was able to load it in a fresh campaign before getting my Reticule Research license, then you can too.

Hillz.png

Not actually my campaign, i'm not trying to scam you, i'm just lazy and didn't want to head over to my save.

So what do you say? I can hook you up with a free snapshot here for a limited time if you wanna try it out. (Special offer expires in 72 hours years).

May 13, 2017
Mars
MSK Impactor

A contender for the best tech i ever created, the Impactor has it all, and uses an unorthodox self-charging system which is versatile, compact, and can be used on the move and in combat, so you never have to sit anchored in one place waiting for your tech to recharge. Combined with its unmatched speed and damage for its size, this tech is the best at doing missions, and mercilessly taking down enemies one after another, taking no prisoners.

The flares it houses and "bulwark mode" make it extremely robust when it comes to surviving fierce encounters, the flare decoys can be used to distract enemies and escape, or to even sabotage enemy weaponry during combat, and bulwark mode will make sure there's no tech-ending explosive chain reactions in your tech if the shields come down. It even allows you to recharge your batteries while under heavy fire!

Weapons Display.png

You can try going on a relentless tech mass-extinction with the Impactor
here, it can destroy a hundred techs without taking a single break to recharge, and is nigh unbeatable when used properly.

May 13, 2017
Mars
MSK Kesler Drone Functional Replica

"Ravage, my children, RAAAAAAAVAGEEE" -Kesler (Voiced by Cr1TiKaL)

Coming in straight from THE cinematic masterpiece,
Killer Bean Episode 1, these are the drones that Kesler activates to try to take out Killer Bean. This is my first (Though maybe a little big and with some changes to improve performance) replica tech, and a functional one at that, you can even use A.I. and have a swarm of them tearing down enemy techs. Except that A.I. makes them too wonky to use the auto cannon effectively enough.

Night.png
Kesler Drone at night, note that i used a campaign save because i was too lazy to wait for nighttime to show off the lights.

You too can become the infamous world-class quantum computer scientist by getting the snapshot here. Nitrogen cooled giga-core computer not included

Reactions: YaYYeeT