(Moved) Licflagg's Custom blocks

Licflagg

Sep 30, 2015
I've made this post so i won't flood another thread. And if you see me use meters instead of blocks, they are one in the same. with that out of the way, here are all my custom blocks:

1: Floating Attachment point projectors:

These blocks were my first introduction to the world of making custom blocks. They are, in essence, single blocks with an attachment point on the top for the 1-way, or on both the top and bottom for the 2-ways. the 2, 3, 4, and 5 variants have attachment points on the internals, so you could conceal them among armor, have the spare point, and build a seemingly separate tech that is still attached.

2: The MK1 Power Complex:

A massive battery, both in terms of price, crafting costs, and mass. It can store 2,733,750 energy units. the GSO battery can store 1,500, and the GeoCorp at 12,000. it's made for large bases, so it's not practical to have it on a mobile tech.

3: The MK2 power Complex:

Storing even more power, at 14,383,254 energy units, it too has a hefty price tag and crafting recipe to boot. it has an added function of acting like a wireless charger when properly assembled. The Right side is it properly built, the left isn't, but will still work. I couldn't merge the function of a charger and a battery in a single block, so i had to compromise.
The wireless charger part transfers a tenth of a GSO battery in a tenth of a second, at a giant range of 250 meters.

4: An Inline Wireless charger:

These chargers output a large chunk of power, at 750 energy per arc. it has a transfer rate similar to GeoCorp's charger, but with a much bigger range of 150 meters. Not very expensive, though the crafting is a bit more than a normal charger.

5: Solars!

These static solar cells generate a lot more power than the Better future solar, though they don't animate (Because i don't know how to animate them) The small solar is the stock BF one, the wider "Blanket" solar generates double the stock, the medium at triple the stock, Medium blanket at double the medium regular, The large at triple the medium regular, and the large blanket at double the large regular. The power values are as follows:
  • GSO: 60
  • BF Small: 70
  • BF Small blanket: 140
  • BF Medium: 210
  • BF Medium Blanket: 420
  • BF Large: 630
  • BF Large Blanket: 1260
6: Shields and repair bubble:

Both of these take a long time to power up, but their radius and effects are huge. The shield has a Diameter of 65 meters, and the repair bubble at 55 meters. the shield is made to block explosives on a large craft, if placed in the center, the repair bubble can heal up a tech very fast. Both are expensive in price and crafting, but fairly light.

7: Air Intakes (No image due to limit)

Made to regenerate fuel faster, these intakes store a small amount of internal fuel, while at the same time having a high fuel regen rate. The GSO ones are best as side intakes, while the GeoCorp intake is best for the front of a tech

How to install:
  1. Install the Terratech Mod Manager
    1B. Install the Nuterra Block Injector Library mod for it to work
  2. Locate your Terratech game, usually at [C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\TerraTech Beta]
  3. Once you have the block injector library mod, there should be a new folder called "Custom Blocks." Open it
  4. Drag and drop the .ZIP Contents into the custom blocks folder
  5. Launch the game

Attachments

Last edited:

Licflagg

Sep 30, 2015
Now on to the Work in progress stuff:

Giant SCU:

The issues that i'm having are that i can't have the reference SCU hidden, or the game will crash, and the singularity bit, which seems to be a particle, isn't at the right area.

Venture, Hawkeye, and Better Future Air Intakes:

The models aren't made, but i have some ideas for them. the folders for the intake sections are empty, say for the GSO and GeoCorp tabs

4-way Floating point projectors:
Models aren't made, no ideas for them yet.

eddie

Philosopher in green, Hermit in space
Jun 21, 2018
now join the Holy Crusade
I was thinking of maybe you can make a singularity(or should I say ringularity) generator, making use of a spinning black hole, it's said that if you launch matter or energy to it's ergosphere, it will come out with much higher energy.
got my idea from this video:
hope you like it :)

Licflagg

Sep 30, 2015
Series 2 for my customs blocks:

#8: The Better Future Black Hole magnet

A take on a magnet from the future, using the gravity well of a black hole. Very heavy, but can collect a lot of blocks from 300 meters away. Grade 3

#9: Capacitors!

A cheaper alternative to batteries, though they don't store as much. they are more durable, however. They are all GSO only
Here are their values:
-Mini: 100, grade 1
-Small: 250, grade 2
-Medium: 500, grade 3
-Large: 1000, grade 4

#10: A Carbon Mega-Capacitor

An Expensive and heavy capacitor, able to store up to 280,000 energy. it can only accept attachments on it's top and bottom, however. Hawkeye Grade 3

#11: The Titan Engine.

A Beast of a thruster, produces at least 8 times as much force as the GSO Redux Mega booster, at 5 times the fuel usage. Brings Intakes or a lot of fuel tanks

#12: A storage block for all resources.
Compact minerals.png

This is the icon of the storage block. Scrap it to obtain all of the components and raw/refined chunks.
Not recommended to build with, as it's heavy, expensive, and fairly weak. best for mass chunk storage.
(Update: Thought 10k was a reasonable price. it was not, so i've updated it to be reasonable. price for the storage block is now 89340)

Attachments

Last edited:

Licflagg

Sep 30, 2015
Update!

No new blocks yet, however, the MK1 and MK2 power complexes had their prices and recipes changed, as well as the MK2's charger can now be placed in the center rather than one of the sides.

Licflagg

Sep 30, 2015
Series 3 blocks now available for use!

https://gyazo.com/fca21c5acc84979b2d0d123c8f171be6

13: GeoCorp Mammoth Receiver
A massive receiver that has a large range, and a high capacity. very expensive, however.
14: Better Future Tregraham Reactor
An End-game, stupidly expensive power generator. costs over 9 million block bucks, 2k chunks, but once made, you'll never worry about power ever again, after a minute it's been placed. Needs to be anchored to work, and is too heavy for sky bases.
15: Better Future Kompression fuel tank
A Large fuel tank that has over 40x the capacity of the Big Poppa Fuel tank. it doesn't regenerate a lot of fuel, however, so other tanks that do, and/or intakes are required to have a good constant fuel amount.
16 and 17: Structural parts 5 cubed parts, right-most one is hollow.
Simple structural parts for the 5x5 series of blocks.
18: Better Future Sonic Rangefinder
While having the range of a simple radar, the Sonic rangefinder lets your tech "See" whatever is within the minimap. Sniper techs are possible with this now.
19: GeoCorp Truckbed Collector
Double the Capacity of the "Scotty" High-capacity collector, and has that nice trucky look to it.
20: Better Future Kamalout Silo

A 5x5 silo that has the storage capacity of a 9x9 silo. If you don't want to lag when it's full, don't move it, or have it on a floating base
21: GeoCorp Alpha Engine
The strongest rocket engine ever made (And one of the largest blocks i've made), this one engine can carry all of your heavyweight techs, as long as they are under 5 kilotons. Chugs fuel like no tomorrow.

I had to upload the Tregraham reactor separately because it was too large to upload with the rest of the blocks, and also because it's a pretty detailed block

Attachments

S0LiD ST4T3

Mar 12, 2019
An End-game, stupidly expensive power generator. costs over 9 million block bucks, 2k chunks, but once made, you'll never worry about power ever again, after a minute it's been placed. Needs to be anchored to work, and is too heavy for sky bases.

Too heavy for sky bases?

hold my beer...

about 10 minutes later...

so, i did it... i made a skybase with this reactor... are you proud of me?1573217753789.png

sorry bud, it's not heavy enough

Seth_Seth

doin stufs
Oct 14, 2017
I dunno
forum.terratechgame.com

Too heavy for sky bases?

hold my beer...

about 10 minutes later...

so, i did it... i made a skybase with this reactor... are you proud of me?View attachment 29644

sorry bud, it's not heavy enough
10K mass isn't enough? Jeez
looked at json

Licflagg

Sep 30, 2015
Series 4: A texture pack and some more 5x5 parts.

First, the textures.

Greyscale. for when color is not a worry.

View attachment 29651

Inverse: Color overload? why not?
View attachment 29652

More 5x5 blocks, mostly structural.

22,23,24,25,26, and 27: Structural 5x5 blocks.
While similar to Procedural blocks in the same shape, they use strictly the better future texture, have unique cell locations, and attachment points. Great for flush areas.
28: BF Control center.
A 5^3 block that acts as a cab. can't move on it's own. high health.
29: BF AI Chip
A simple AI unit in a 5x5 slab. Uses the anchored GSO AI, so you can anchor it to the ground, but it won't have any visible anchor.
30: BF Mastodon hover engine
A very strong hover engine, at least 12 as strong as GeoCorp's hover, but only goes up to 10 blocks.

#14's mass has been increased from 10k to 2^16.

Note: To get the texture packs, you need to go to here (To my Google Drive):
Greyscale
Inverted

Attachments

Licflagg

Sep 30, 2015
Series 5!

https://gyazo.com/311854ae55e0c4729c947cc2bc8daf82

A smaller set of blocks, but ones that work.
#31: The "Massive" wheel
A Large wheel that already surpasses the diameter of the GeoCorp Behemoth. Fairly durable, fast, but can't brake well. Has a 5x5 hollow area to place blocks in, like armor or weapons. 11x11x2 wheel size
#32: the "Giga" wheel
Even bigger, stronger, and possibly faster. Has a hollow 15x15 area on the inside. Wheel size is 17x17x2
#33: The "Stupid" wheel.
Why would you need a wheel this big? Has a hollow 25x25 area, and the wheel size is 27x27x2.
Seriously, why?
#34,35,36: The Kairos Turret
Inspired by Sanctum 1's Gattling turret, and also my first custom weapon. MK1 Is the weakest, MK2 is mid tier, and MK3 is the highest tier. Note the colors
These turrets can aim in 360 degrees, but not very much up and down.

Attachments

eddie

Philosopher in green, Hermit in space
Jun 21, 2018
now join the Holy Crusade
Series 5!

https://gyazo.com/311854ae55e0c4729c947cc2bc8daf82

A smaller set of blocks, but ones that work.
#31: The "Massive" wheel
A Large wheel that already surpasses the diameter of the GeoCorp Behemoth. Fairly durable, fast, but can't brake well. Has a 5x5 hollow area to place blocks in, like armor or weapons. 11x11x2 wheel size
#32: the "Giga" wheel
Even bigger, stronger, and possibly faster. Has a hollow 15x15 area on the inside. Wheel size is 17x17x2
#33: The "Stupid" wheel.
Why would you need a wheel this big? Has a hollow 25x25 area, and the wheel size is 27x27x2.
Seriously, why?
#34,35,36: The Kairos Turret
Inspired by Sanctum 1's Gattling turret, and also my first custom weapon. MK1 Is the weakest, MK2 is mid tier, and MK3 is the highest tier. Note the colors
These turrets can aim in 360 degrees, but not very much up and down.
The "Stupid" wheel seems to have the problem of clipping through ground when heavy block is attached such as The MK2 power Complex.

Licflagg

Sep 30, 2015
Series 6, the Age of particles!

https://gyazo.com/318972f27ccab90aaae5204830f318c5

#37,38,39,40,41,42,43,44: More Structural blocks (Black and white blocks)

Simple additions to the structural blocks, in prism and slab shapes. APs and cells to go.
#45,46,47,48,49,50: Impact-absorbing blocks
A set of blocks that can handle and withstand any impacts, and won't fall off. Perfect for either armor or impact-mining blocks
#21 and 11 now have proper thruster effects. replace the old ones with these.

@eddie, I don't know how to fix that, sadly.

Attachments

Licflagg

Sep 30, 2015
Already #7? yep. Series 7:

https://gyazo.com/6696b2c15d37a53f4d899c4b9a0aac96
#51, 52, 53, and 54: More intakes!
Modified some models to have intake effects, but they work otherwise.
55 and 56: Anchors!
Durable anchor and rotating anchor. Tricky to use, but they work.
29: Changed the model so the "shine" on the bottom is gone.
7: Fixed the textures so they should render right. the GeoCorp intake is now easier to use and place.

Attachments

Licflagg

Sep 30, 2015
#8, and it's a biggen!

https://gyazo.com/f44d0d0252a0618ca01a2f8a6cc2a945

57, 58, 59, 60, 61, and 62: Adaptors.

Simple Adaptors. comes in 1x1 to 3x3, 1x1 to 5x5, and 3x3 to 5x5 variants.
63, 64: GeoCorp Impact wheels
High health wheels that can't turn very well, but work well as front wheels so you can crush trees/chunk deposits without breaking something important.
65: Venture Turbinator 2 wheels
A high speed wheel, faster than the F1s. It took a lot of time to figure out how to get them to work, but hey, they work.
66: Hawkeye "Metal Storm" volley gun
Based off of the same weapon of the same name, the Volley gun fires a load of low-damage bullets over a second. It has a very high recoil, however.
67: BF Kinetic Orb Cannon
A take on a mortar, the Kinetic Orb cannon lobs heavy shells that explode on impact, causing a good chunk of damage. Due to it's size, it can't aim well when an enemy is close, so it's best uses as a sniper's weapon
68: BF Stackable wind mill
A stackable wind turbine with inspiration from Space Engineers. These turbines need to be anchored to make power, even if it's a small amount.
69, 70, 71, 72: Hawkeye Windmill
A multi-part block, the Hawkeye windmill is stronger than the BF one, but isn't stackable by default. Comes with an anchor, a small capacitor, a structural pole, and the generator itself.
73, 74: BF Flak Cannons
Inspired by RoboCraft's Aeroflak Cannons, they fire anti-air shells that deal a decent chunk of damage, and ignore gravity. Unlike RC's Flak cannons, you can use them while in the air. go nuts.
75, 76: BF Pulsar Gyros
Extremely strong active and passive gyros. If you have a massive warship with some balancing issues, use theses.
77,78,79,80: Passive versions of the vanilla gyros.
Better Future has their own passive gyro, so why not give the other corps their own?
#28 had it's texture changed so that the front, back and top are different.

Attachments