@Flan's guidance:
IMG_20190822_083802.jpg
Graphical test:
ezgif-5-62da1ed07fd4.gif
Elastic Transport Portal concept:
Scry2019m08d2614-05-26.png Scry2019m08d2614-04-39.png
unknown.png
BF Portal Projector
So I heard we had portals now. That's cool. But it'd probably be cooler if you can drive through them. Welp, that's what I'm trying to figure out now.
You line up the projector pole things parallel and they make a gate to the "most appropriate" other. With a view of the other gate. Shouldn't be too hard, right?

Hlebuw3k

The Bread Cat
I want these as a feature in normal game. Payload should hire you as a programmer. Also, it would be cool if you could chose where the portal goes, with a menu or something. Of course for it to make sense there must be a visual indicator on the portal, like a screen of some kind, with a list of all the other portals i guess

-=ROOSTER=-

Complete Idiot
@Flan's guidance:
View attachment 28656
Graphical test:
View attachment 28657
Elastic Transport Portal concept:
View attachment 28658 View attachment 28659
View attachment 28661
BF Portal Projector
So I heard we had portals now. That's cool. But it'd probably be cooler if you can drive through them. Welp, that's what I'm trying to figure out now.
You line up the projector pole things parallel and they make a gate to the "most appropriate" other. With a view of the other gate. Shouldn't be too hard, right?
Did you ever play PREY? (the first one) the first portals in it were on one wall of a cargo box. you went in one box, and came out another maybe something like that. Or, Unreal tournament had a gun that it's primary fired a disc. Secondary teleported you to wherever the disc was currently at. Very cool. just throwin' some stuff out there to give ideas. :)

WhitePaw2002

Modding Husky
Website
github.com
News on ETP projector:
I made a scene in Unity to test the visual and material generation, as well as some math.

It works fine, and I slapped a pretty basic function on it to teleport the camera with the math I made. Along with adjusted clipping planes for the renderers. But, as can be seen in the GIF above to the right, the visuals warp when the camera is no longer looking in a straight direction.

To the left, the shape of the UV can be seen. To the right, the plane that uses the UV. The left one shows inconsistent warping of the dots in the example texture, which can be correlated to the deformation in the right. That's what I need to figure out. And I don't quite know how... Other than adding more faces of course

Edit: Adding faces only adds to the mess

Last edited:

Nuke_Pulse

Bohemian engineer
Website
www.twitch.tv
Hello. I'm here to report a recent discovery I have made regarding this mod. As I stated in my stream which took place yesterday, I want to use the large BF Mag joints to reform the Barracuda battlecruiser. However, when I tried to spawn it in, the graphics card could not keep up as well as before.
After a series of mod disabling and re-enabling, I have concluded that this mod has severe GPU requirements.

So yeah, now you know. Good luck with the portal btw. o7