Most Appropriate Steam Award for TerraTech?

Discussion in 'Open' started by Thundercraft, Nov 25, 2018.

?

Which Steam Award is most appropriate for TerraTech?

Poll closed Sunday at 4:50 PM.
  1. Most Fun with a Machine

5 vote(s)
    38.5%
  2. Better with Friends

2 vote(s)
    15.4%
  3. Game of the Year

6 vote(s)
    46.2%
  1. Thundercraft

Thundercraft Reliable Scrapper

I was looking on the Steam store and I noticed that it's that time of year again to nominate games for Steam Awards. And I've been considering which award would be the most appropriate to nominate TerraTech for. After all, we can only nominate a game for one and there is a limited selection. Of the choices available, I was thinking of one of these:
    • The "Most Fun with a Machine" Award
    • The "Better with Friends" Award
    • The "Game of the Year" Award
    Thoughts? Suggestions?

I thought that I would do a little poll to get feedback on this. But the Steam Awards page says that a pool of finalists (the popular nominees) in each category during the Holiday Sale this December, so I'm having the poll end in 14 days.

Aardvark123 likes this.
  2. ZeroGravitas

ZeroGravitas Breaker of Games

I think I'd give this to Nimbatus, this year, if I had to choose.:p:) Maybe next year, see how things go...

Payload already won the TIGA "Best Game By A Small Studio 2018"... :)

3. Thundercraft

Thundercraft Reliable Scrapper

So far, the poll indicates a clear preference for voting the "Game of the Year" award for TerraTech. The only problem I see with that suggestion is how there will undoubtedly be fierce competition for that award among the most popular games. It's the one award that all gamers will prefer go to their favorite game.

Unfortunately, no matter how much it is liked by players, TerraTech is a relatively little-known game by a relatively small indie dev. TerraTech's store page on Steam shows a little more than 4000 total reviews and a peak online players for today of 534.

Compare this to the likes of popular games like ARK (over 160,000 reviews and nearly 66,000 peak online today), No Man's Sky (nearly 100,000 reviews and nearly 8000 peak today), Borderlands 2 (nearly 90,000 reviews and over 11,000 peak today), or Fallout 4 (nearly 87,000 reviews and nearly 29,000 peak today). Even many other lesser known games by small indie devs have a lot more peak online players. For example, RimWorld is by a small dev and has less than 28,000 total Steam reviews, but it still had well over 15,000 peak online players today, which is about 30 times that of TerraTech.

My point? I think TerraTech would have a better shot at a "Better with Friends" or "Most Fun with a Machine" award than the fiercely competitive and highly coveted "Game of the Year" award.

4. Lord Zarnox

Lord Zarnox Founder of the IFTTES

Most fun with a machine, because lets face it, what little multiplayer we do have, isn't quite what we were hoping for.

5. Soviet_Samuelson

Soviet_Samuelson Getting a permit to life in a jolly box

F

6. burger1113

burger1113 Well-Known Member

Terratec just needs to get all of them.
    And the "saving the year from being the worst year for games" award.