More SCUs ?

Zurvivalist

Apr 4, 2016
How can I get more SCUs ?
Been considering the idea of placing an SCU next to automated Sentry towers around the world, as a sort of auto clean up system ..
How would I go about getting more than one SCU ?

keeuuup

Mar 18, 2016
It is currently possible to obtain more than one SCU by saving a tech/base with the SCU as a part of it. You just have to buy back the tech/base to obtain other SCU's.

However , you are not supposed to have more than one SCU at a time , so it is more or less a bug or an exploit.

Zurvivalist

Apr 4, 2016
Thanks , I figured out that little trick after making the post.. Sadly the Idea is not without its own consequences ..
My radar is not filled with even more little blue dots :(

reaperx1

Crazed Builder
Feb 25, 2015
I really hope the Dev's let us have more then one SCU at a time. How are we supposed to expand our territory if we only have one of the SCU's?

It should be able to be purchased like the other blocks. Would make a good grade six block if you know what I mean.

Just a thought

Have a good one

BitMage

modARRRator
Jul 22, 2015
Chadwick Bay
i think the SCU is supposed to accomplish a few things, one of them being giving you a rare unique block to defend. something you might want to keep safe in the "heart" of your territory. Thats why the working title for the thing was the "heart block".

i think its core to the concept of the block that you only get one.

if you have more then one, you might be tempted to make it part of your base logistics. Blocks into the SCU at one spot, and out of an scu at another spot.

but thats what conveyors are for.

i also think that the limit of having just one is part of the value balance of the block. After all, it gives an ability the devs swore we would never get. thats a really big gift. which makes this block one of the most valuable.

treat it like a diamond, or the literal heart of your central base. Protect it. i have a feeling that at some point, heaving the heart block will ramp up the danger around your base. Drawing attention from your enemies.....

Reactions: Chrii_the_Vieh

HappyApathy

Dec 1, 2015
i think the SCU is supposed to accomplish a few things, one of them being giving you a rare unique block to defend. something you might want to keep safe in the "heart" of your territory. Thats why the working title for the thing was the "heart block".

if you have more then one, you might be tempted to make it part of your base logistics. Blocks into the SCU at one spot, and out of an scu at another spot.

i also think that the limit of having just one is part of the value balance of the block. After all, it gives an ability the devs swore we would never get. thats a really big gift. which makes this block one of the most valuable.

treat it like a diamond, or the literal heart of your central base. Protect it. i have a feeling that at some point, heaving the heart block will ramp up the danger around your base. Drawing attention from your enemies.....
The problem is no one treats the SCU as the "heart of your territory", they just pick the thing up and lug it around everywhere with them, I'm fairly sure the devs intend for it to be placed in one location and have you bring pieces back to it, but that forces players to operate within a very limited area.

Zurvivalist

Apr 4, 2016
you can also use it as a decoy during battles, as it will pull attention onto itself and foes will attack it rather than you , giving you time in a pinch to kill them... granted the downside to this tactic . Is that while its being hit. it will throw out random blocks from your inventory.

refinedskillz

Oct 13, 2014
I really hope the Dev's let us have more then one SCU at a time. How are we supposed to expand our territory if we only have one of the SCU's?

It should be able to be purchased like the other blocks. Would make a good grade six block if you know what I mean.

Just a thought

Have a good one
The SCU could be like 10k BB maybe.

MindParadox

Apr 7, 2016

At the same time, carrying it seems odd, I'd like something akin to the portable cannon that would launch blocks to your inventory, along with a block magnet of some kind, so that we could setup our techs to auto scoop the blocks and send em to our inventory. Dunno, I'm just a newbie here, but it seems ridiculously ungainly to have to click on each block, then break it down with the scrapper, then sell the materials, only to have to go to a terminal and buy the blocks again if you need something but either aren't at your SCU or didn't carry it around.(Which, if I remember right, one of the streams had something about how that wasn't really how we were supposed to use the SCU anywho.)

reaperx1

Crazed Builder
Feb 25, 2015
The SCU could be like 10k BB maybe.
For the SCU I think it would have to be a lot as it is supposed the heart of your base.

Here's a new idea.

What if you could buy the SCU for a 100 000BB or so and when you placed it in a biome, that biome would then be considered part of you territory and enemies would not spawn inside areas controlled by the player. They would have to drive in and attack. Like an invasion of sorts.

That is how I would like to see it work.

Have a good one

Supernatur4L

Apr 12, 2016
I like Reaper's idea. To me though, the SCU is pretty crucial and yes you do lug it around but I feel like that's the point. If you could access your inventory from multiple places at all times I would find it boring. The fact that I take out a monster tech and then plop it down, wait for it to power up (whilst defending it), have it suck up blocks then put it back in the tech and move on. I think it's a good game mechanic, it makes the block valuable to me, I take it with me when I want to setup another base but I can't be at two bases at once anyway. It's like a lifeline to the offworld for all your stuff, don't lose it. Just my two cents.

Bananalyzer

Mar 29, 2016
Hello fellow techies!

Reaper's idea is really great. Area based gameplay could really spice this up!

However! I for one do NOT build a base! I have my trusty BananaCorp Nomad Mk IV ultimate survival verhicle :) I take my SCU everywhere. Kill an enemy and suck up all his parts. I do NOT want a base as it stands! I want to be mobile.

The reason I write this here is because I get the feeling that in the previous discussion you do not take into account that not everybody even wants to have a base. I like the portable concept of it.

Just my 2 cents.

Cheers, Banana.

PS: A portable version of the SCU would be great?! maybe a bit smaller (maybe 2x2) just for sucking up parts of defeated enemies and sending them off to you inventory. Or a working block-despawn after a certain time, which does not work in my gameworld.

PPS: Maybe Scrap-magnet + big conveyor + Mini-SCU?!?

reaperx1

Crazed Builder
Feb 25, 2015
This is a little off topic, but with all the talk about the SCU I felt like it needed a bit of a back story. This is my version of what might have happened in the beginning.

Have a good one

MidBlade

Apr 5, 2016
I admit i carry the scu around on my bot, an have even built to accommodate it. With the Lrg recivers going out of the game useing the Scu to fill that role was only common sence . As for building a base i Find it more fun to set up power stations with all the Parts the Scu has given me , an just go from saltflat to saltflat setting up power stations , i find it simpler to just build them then setting down solar pannels to refill batteries , the only thing i remove an add back to the Bot is the Scu.

AdorableWolf

Jan 23, 2016
I carry this with me BUT when I will get enough building material to protect and settle down so I will put it as "heart" part inside of base and using it to actually scrap my old techs to build new.

Thanks for idea with "heart" :)

Lost Ninja

Jul 17, 2015
Yorkshire Dales under a rock.
Hello fellow techies!

Reaper's idea is really great. Area based gameplay could really spice this up!

However! I for one do NOT build a base! I have my trusty BananaCorp Nomad Mk IV ultimate survival verhicle :) I take my SCU everywhere. Kill an enemy and suck up all his parts. I do NOT want a base as it stands! I want to be mobile.

The reason I write this here is because I get the feeling that in the previous discussion you do not take into account that not everybody even wants to have a base. I like the portable concept of it.

Just my 2 cents.

Cheers, Banana.

PS: A portable version of the SCU would be great?! maybe a bit smaller (maybe 2x2) just for sucking up parts of defeated enemies and sending them off to you inventory. Or a working block-despawn after a certain time, which does not work in my gameworld.

PPS: Maybe Scrap-magnet + big conveyor + Mini-SCU?!?
Except if you follow the logic the devs want to impose on people, in the future blocks won't use conveyors at all. You'll have to recycle/salvage all the blocks then move the resources.