Modular cannons.

Willmeister

Mar 11, 2017
I just want to say i would really like to see some sort of multi-part cannon creation system. I feel like this would make the really big techs more diverse and the game overall more fun. I don't know if this feature is planned or anything but i just wanted to leave my idea here.

maritaria

Apr 14, 2016
nuterra.tech
This sounds like a great idea. I will try something like this with my mod for sure. Im thinking you place down a turret which has a couple of special attachment points for putting in upgrade modules. Besides changing fire rate and things like that, adding something like a poison module, fire module and things that change the mechanics of bullets which could be combined in many different ways would be awesome :D

Reactions: ilikegoodfood

Gameslinx

Oct 19, 2015
A cab, stranded in deep space
This sounds like a great idea. I will try something like this with my mod for sure. Im thinking you place down a turret which has a couple of special attachment points for putting in upgrade modules. Besides changing fire rate and things like that, adding something like a poison module, fire module and things that change the mechanics of bullets which could be combined in many different ways would be awesome :D
I support that idea.

It might be a problem for rotating turrets, since 'rotating parts' don't seem to be possible. So maybe you could attach the upgrades to the base of the block, but for changing parts like the barrel (which may rotate as a turret) it may be more difficult

Willmeister

Mar 11, 2017
Seems legit

The Grand Teki

Feb 17, 2017
UESO hq.
I was thinking something like:

Where you have a 2x3 base, which means you can put on a 2x2 turret on the front part and 2 1x1 modules next to it.
Note: only specific APs would allow for modules to work, otherwise you could stick on like 20 XD
C&C intensifies

rdoom2003

乚乇卂刀乇尺 口下 卄乇乚工口丂
Nov 10, 2015
Next to my neighbors house
soundcloud.com
I support that idea.

It might be a problem for rotating turrets, since 'rotating parts' don't seem to be possible. So maybe you could attach the upgrades to the base of the block, but for changing parts like the barrel (which may rotate as a turret) it may be more difficult
You dont have to attach it too the barrel . What if instead you put a module on their that extends the barrel with out physically putting on a block on the barrel

Mindl3ss

Mindless Dominion Fleet Admiral
Nov 5, 2015
This might be a good gimmick for either reticule or future corp. have just two or three 'gun frame block' prices, say one for bullets, one for lasers and one for cannons. All have very low accuracy, range, damage, and fire rate. Then have a dozen or so 'gun components' that do various things to attached weapons. Have three barrels, one to increase accuracy, one to increase damage, and one to increase both by a smaller amount. Each should be stackable up to a certain amount. Like 3x as to limit you from making super sniper rifles or mega powerful cannons. Then have maybe ten or so more function blocks that attach to the regular attachment points of a weapon to change factors. Cooling units and ammo feeds to increase fire rates, condensers and magnetic accelerators to increase damage and range, and scopes and rangefinders to increase accuracy. Certain components affect certain weapon types and are compatible with many weapons in the game already, like speed re loaders to slightly increase fire rate of missile launchers, or inertial dampeners to reduce the recoil of cannons. Ammo feeds. Only one of these components per type can be attached to a weapon. So, best case scenario, the HE shotgun, with its 5 attachment points can sport 4 buffs, one to each category, so it could sport an ammo box to increase fire rate, a magnetic accelerator to increase damage, a thermal targeting sensor to increase range, and recoil dampener to increase accuracy. None by more than say 25%. But at 25%, you have a "super shotgun" that can easily outperform normal shotguns. Also this separation into 5 categories, ammo, sight, stock, system, and barrel will harshly limit how much you can buff weapons, thus keeping it well controlled. Also most weapons will only be able to take one or two upgrades, at significant cost to their flexibility of placement on a tech. Many won't even be able to take any upgrades, due to their only single attachment points. One last thing barrels would be an exclusive to the 'gun frame' components of the one corp that puts them out, so stackable barrels won be available for existing weapons. No breaking megatons or missiles, sorry. Just some ideas to add to the concept, though I doubt it will be incorporated. It's a good idea, but way to complex for terra tech.

Reactions: ilikegoodfood