Mod Support Discussion

Sozin

Dog Emperor
various AI things
i.e.

- Ability to modify aggro radius (higher/lower)
| - Ability to modify manual targeting radius to mirror aggro radius or go higher/lower

- Ability to set target leading
| - Or just ability to hook into weapon targeting code so we can do it ourselves. Need ability to get any tech's velocity too (obv)

- Ability to use custom AI templates w/ custom control schemas
| - Ability to specify "maintain height X" so AI/enemy airships can actually work and be part of enemy pool

Nightblade Greyswandir

Nothing is good enough!
Website
ngttadventures.blogspot.se
1. Change colors of blocks
2. Change characteristics of blocks (changes weight so blocks can float in water mod)
3. Create new simple blocks and apply existing blocks behaviors on them. (something like this
) + option to add existing behavior so we can create production blocks or weapons for corporation mods
4. Map generator/ map editor (just possibility to edit local part of map, to add details and to move surface of map), so we can make mountains or flats, to add details, trees, rocks, resources etc.
5. Posibility to save and publish on steam.

Mindlessmrawesome

Ok here's a thing:
so sometimes when I have a lot of mods installed loading in new areas of the game causes major freezes. I suspect this is a RAM issue. It makes sense- terratech takes as much ram as the vanilla game needs. But with mods and all that, that number might need to change when it doesn't. Maybe add a way to manually dedicate more RAM to terratech in the startup menu? (minecraft has something like that) I mean I have 30 gigs of ram (my dad occasionally needs to host a server for work)... I should not be getting RAM issues lol

Alright, I am kinda new to modding but here's what I want:
Just literally a template code for the most common types of blocks in TT (Regular blocks, Batteries, weapons, ect.) hidden in a mods folder. Maybe some caps and stuff so stuff isn't too op. Maybe even an official tool. Maybe more access(But not to much access) to some of the code to make some huge mods. I was even planning on making an ocean mod (not to be confused with the water mod) which is it's own biome with separate enemies and music.

Comrade Commie

Ok here's a thing:
so sometimes when I have a lot of mods installed loading in new areas of the game causes major freezes. I suspect this is a RAM issue. It makes sense- terratech takes as much ram as the vanilla game needs. But with mods and all that, that number might need to change when it doesn't. Maybe add a way to manually dedicate more RAM to terratech in the startup menu? (minecraft has something like that) I mean I have 30 gigs of ram (my dad occasionally needs to host a server for work)... I should not be getting RAM issues lol
I have 24 gigs and I rarely get issues that aren't due to my CPU (Athlon 640) bottlenecking my graphics card with loads of mods in sight. I don't think Terratech has a memory issue, though I have never loaded more than ~6 at a time.

S0LiD ST4T3

Could be possible to condense things down to something simple...

-Build an interpreter and Compiler for the unity engine that allows Condensing the data down to a Single file. Take a page from Minecraft's book with their single .jar files for most modifications. Some may rely on each other, but we can still adapt.

Seeing how mom's spaghetti got accidentally spilled in my folder here... momspaghetticode.JPG
we May need to get some bundled resource packages to pull these into a single file for each mod, provided somebody can also make an Interpreter and a usable compiler to create said packages from the separate files, and of course as usual, this requires some knowledge of Unity, and i have absolutely No knowledge in unity whatsoever, except the fact that it exists and TerraTech runs on it.

i... think i may have gone on quite far about something we already have something for, but still, Devs could consider something Native in the game's code to take over the role of the injector mod, and maybe allow the launcher somehow to allocate Excess RAM memory in the Windows memory map for mods to load.

it might be gently placed on the backburner, sure, but when you Crowd source your ideas, a game can be expanded on very quickly.
Sometimes you have to take things slowly, but also sometimes you just need something out the door to freshen things up like a healthy dose of ventilation and a fragrance spray in the living room and nicer upholstery.
(Prospectors don't usually get to enjoy these since they're on the job a lot, but Who cares, gotta have something to relax in.)

I have more to talk about if anyone is interested, so ask me whenever if i should start a thread somewhere to make my ideas public.​

HeX

What Am I?
Could be possible to condense things down to something simple...

-Build an interpreter and Compiler for the unity engine that allows Condensing the data down to a Single file. Take a page from Minecraft's book with their single .jar files for most modifications. Some may rely on each other, but we can still adapt.

Seeing how mom's spaghetti got accidentally spilled in my folder here... View attachment 26292
we May need to get some bundled resource packages to pull these into a single file for each mod, provided somebody can also make an Interpreter and a usable compiler to create said packages from the separate files, and of course as usual, this requires some knowledge of Unity, and i have absolutely No knowledge in unity whatsoever, except the fact that it exists and TerraTech runs on it.

i... think i may have gone on quite far about something we already have something for, but still, Devs could consider something Native in the game's code to take over the role of the injector mod, and maybe allow the launcher somehow to allocate Excess RAM memory in the Windows memory map for mods to load.

it might be gently placed on the backburner, sure, but when you Crowd source your ideas, a game can be expanded on very quickly.
Sometimes you have to take things slowly, but also sometimes you just need something out the door to freshen things up like a healthy dose of ventilation and a fragrance spray in the living room and nicer upholstery.
(Prospectors don't usually get to enjoy these since they're on the job a lot, but Who cares, gotta have something to relax in.)

I have more to talk about if anyone is interested, so ask me whenever if i should start a thread somewhere to make my ideas public.​
You can separate all the blocks into folders... They don't have to all be there at once. The block injector mod ignores folders in the first place after going into the Custom Blocks folder so you can organize them under folders like I have here: 1552426261065.png

Lost Ninja

A method that would allow you to over ride existing systems using a plain text format (eg JSON/INI/...) that wouldn't need to be baked into the game to be used. Preferably something that could be adjusted on the fly without needing to relaunch the game.

For sake of argument say that all the block information for all the blocks are held within a database, adding a file that has the same internal name as a specific block would over ride any values given for that block which would allow essentially superficial mods to change existing assets to work in a specific manner. This would allow simple mods that change block properties, colours.

WhitePaw2002

Modding Husky
Website
github.com
, adding a file that has the same internal name as a specific block would over ride any values given for that block which would allow essentially superficial mods to change existing assets to work in a specific manner.
(Not fully tested at the moment, but the block JSON loader part of the Block Injector mod should be mostly fully capable of doing this)