MOD: Simple keybindings

maritaria

Apr 14, 2016
nuterra.tech
Updated version
This version will be no longer available for download

I spend some time making a mod that allow you to have more control over your tech.

Weapon keybindings
The main feature of the mod is to allow you to bind keys to predefined groups of weapons on your tech.
The groups are split up as follows:
  • Drills
  • Buzzsaws
  • Hammers
  • Scoops
  • Plasma lazers
Pressing the button bound to this group will activate all blocks on your current tech that belong to that group. You can assign the same button to multiple groups.

Magnet toggle
In the configuration you can specify a button that will allow you to enable and disable the magnets on the tech you are controlling. A limitation of this feature is that you can only disable magnets on the tech you are controlling. Switching to another tech will re-enable the magnets.

Mobile solar panels
Enabling this setting allows for solar panels to be used on techs; with a few balance considerations:
  1. You must stand still.
  2. Solar panels cannot be used while beam/build mode is active.
  3. Solar panels on techs work at 20% efficiency.
Download
You can download the modded assembly here.

Installation
Unpack the zip file
Put the Assembly-CSharp.dll file in the game folder at:
/TerraTechWin64_Data/Managed/Assembly-CSharp.dll

Configuration
After installing the mod, launch it.
The mod now has created a file at the root of the game folder named "mod.maritaria.settings".
In this file you can edit the settings of the mod. For settings specifying a keycode you can find a list of keycodes here. To apply changes made to the settings you have to restart the game.
If you want to reset your settings to the original values, delete the settings file and start the game.

Let me know if you run into trouble, need help or have ideas.
Have fun :)

EDIT:
I made the mod using dnSpy (github) which is a tool you can use to edit managed assemblies.
All put all the editted code in the "Maritaria" namespace if you want to have a look.

Last edited:

Lost Ninja

Jul 17, 2015
Yorkshire Dales under a rock.
Poked it...

Have looked in the modified .dll and see what you have done... no idea how it works as I'm not a real programmer (Computer Craft Lua doesn't count).

Hope you continue to invest time into modding this game. :)

But if not I hope others with more skills than me can see what you've done so that more mods happen.

xXThunderFlameXx

Aircraft Enthusiast
Dec 6, 2015
What about controlling your ailerons while still touching the ground?So you can just lift properly.

tomo_cjt

Aug 14, 2014
Cool, will look at this on Monday :)

Bear in mind that we're not supporting Mods at the moment so it may break between builds.

FYI Baconus @StigC is no longer with us :(

Reactions: Jamie

Nocallia

Administrator
Aug 7, 2015
Elsewhere
Cool, will look at this on Monday :)

Bear in mind that we're not supporting Mods at the moment so it may break between builds.

FYI Baconus Stig is no longer with us :(
Wait...
He was on a few days ago...

How have I not known about this?

Masakari

Nov 2, 2016
? What do you two mean? Wouldn't they have said something if the worst thing had happened? Unless I'm misinterpreting what you two are saying.

Jamie

PAYLOAD STUDIOS
Sep 16, 2014
London, UK
@StigC still jumps on the forums from time to time. But he moved back to Denmark a month or so ago :)

He's very happy living in his little Danish cottage.

I spend some time making a mod that allow you to have more control over your tech.
This is really cool! Got me real excited for when we have proper mod support in place. Keep it up :)

Last edited:

Nocallia

Administrator
Aug 7, 2015
Elsewhere
@StigC still jumps on the forums from time to time. But he moved back to Denmark a month or so ago :)

This is really cool! Got me real excited for when we have proper mod support in place. Keep it up :)
Oh, ok.

Jamie

PAYLOAD STUDIOS
Sep 16, 2014
London, UK
It may be worth keeping in mind guys - any saves or bug reports that we get from games that have this mod active in won't be able to be supported by us.

It's not something we can help with before we have full mod support in the game :)

tomo_cjt

Aug 14, 2014
What Jamie said!

Plus we'll have to track if mods are in use (especially if any become popular) so that we can check if issues are with the mods or us, so that's some work we're going to have to do.

Still, pretty cool to see this.
Wait until you see my plans to actually load assets into the game too...

maritaria

Apr 14, 2016
nuterra.tech
What Jamie said!

Plus we'll have to track if mods are in use (especially if any become popular) so that we can check if issues are with the mods or us, so that's some work we're going to have to do.

Still, pretty cool to see this.
Wait until you see my plans to actually load assets into the game too...
Sounds exciting, I'm also excited to try and create my own blocks :)

Reactions: Jamie

Giovanni

Jun 12, 2016
Dimension C-137
steamcommunity.com

If he could do this via modding, wouldn't it make sense to just be in the official game already? Toggling scrap magnets on and off or is it just that you never have time to get around to it?

Reactions: Zargn